5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
The subwoofer speaker itself has to be removed to get to the bolt. The way it was done is we placed the box where it needed to be, drilled through the box, through the frame of the car (I made sure nothing would be affected by the bolt, all clear). We then put anti-corrosion paste around the hole then pressed in nut that the bolt go through. Tightened down with a ratchet inside the box, hooked the wires to the speaker, then mounted the speaker. I have thrown my car all over the place in turns, high speed turns, you name it, just not track bumps. The box hasn't moved one millimeter. We used either a 3/4" or a 1" bolt, can't remember, but it's hefty...might even be bigger than that; and only that one bolt. I guess if you want even more, run two bolts. I hope that answers your question.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jklaz

Jklaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jo
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ingot Silver Ecoboost Premium w/Pony Package
How do you secure the subwoofer box? Is it secured to the original mounting points?
Thought I'd add my 2 cents here. Mine has been installed for 3 months now. Nothing is holding it in except it fits pretty snugly from the rubber trunk mat. I haven't been to the track or anything, but the box hasn't moved at all during some spirited daily driving.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Thought I'd add my 2 cents here. Mine has been installed for 3 months now. Nothing is holding it in except it fits pretty snugly from the rubber trunk mat. I haven't been to the track or anything, but the box hasn't moved at all during some spirited daily driving.
Same. Mine hasn't budged at all, and it's just sitting on the carpet in it's corner. I have not fastened it down. I've had for for a few years now.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
That's a nice plug & play install. Sure, you could build one yourself for less money, but an the expense of how many hours, fiddling and messin' with it until you got it just right? Great idea, thanks for sharing.
Sponsored