Sponsored

Audio/Video out of sync via USB and/or Bluetooth

hydro94530

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback Premium
Hi all, new here and this is my first post so I hope I am okay to ask this as it has been driving me nuts and I feel I have to give up soon.

I'm a fairly new mustang owner (purchased last December), and since day one any time I watch any videos on my phone while connected to my Mustang either through USB or BT, the audio is always out of sync with the video by at least half a second, and this happens whether it's YouTube, NetFlix, Amazon Video, or even my own videos I have on there from iTunes.

I figured there was no fix for BT regardless, and that this is something that is just unavoidable with that method given how it connects and transfers data, but was really surprised to see the same issue occur when connected just through one of the USB ports (and I made sure to shut off BT while testing USB both on my phone and the car).

So I was hoping someone may have some info on how to resolve this? Also as far as I know, this particular model (or perhaps all 2016 models) no longer has the AUX hookup unfortunately, either that or it's very well hidden.

Really appreciate any help that's out there and thank you in advannce!

Car: 2016 Mustang GT Fastback Premium
Phone: iPhone 6s Plus

-Shawn
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
USB or BT all rely on the internal decoder for audio which sometimes can have some delay if you try to watch a video.
The sad part is the 16 does not have AUX anymore.

OP
OP

hydro94530

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USB or BT all rely on the internal decoder for audio which sometimes can have some delay if you try to watch a video.
The sad part is the 16 does not have AUX anymore.
Hi jasonstang, thanks for the reply. It's funny you mention that because I could of swore it worked okay one time, but then never again so far.

Also thank you confirming on the AUX port. I shall endeavor to continue my quest for a fix. It would of been much easier if iOS had a video delay option like Android... maybe one day.

But thank you again for your help. Love the car otherwise!!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm not understanding. Are you watching a video on your phone screen but sending the sound thru the car's speakers via BT or USB?

OP
OP

hydro94530

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not understanding. Are you watching a video on your phone screen but sending the sound thru the car's speakers via BT or USB?
Hi, that's correct. Sorry for any confusion with the first post. I'm just using the car for the sound system.

Sponsored

Fatty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt PP, 16 Explorer 3.5TT, Roadking
I didn't know you could do that? thanks

OP
OP

hydro94530

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't know you could do that? thanks
Yeah it's something I've done on previous cars but just realized today those were always through AUX, this is my first experience with having and using Bluetooth and USB in a car.

But I appreciate all the responses. Starting to think this is just something I'll have to deal with and maybe it'll correct itself on the phone or car side at some point with an update.
Sponsored