Audi R8 wrecked at car show in Austin, TX

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
First thing I'll say is it's not a Mustang!

I have been to this car meet for several months (Pistons at the Park) but decided not to go this morning since it was 27 degrees. Seems a bit later in the morning an Audi R8 was leaving and everyone heard him hit the gas then lose control and hit a Lincoln SUV head on. The guy in the Lincoln got out and threw punches at the R8 driver because his family was in the car. Can't say I blame the guy. No one knows if the other driver was a young kid or an older guy from what I've seen but I'm sure someone will call them out soon. No one was hurt, thankfully but I have a feeling there will be consequences for all of us and possibly we won't have the meet again due to this.

The scary part is this is the drive way from the frontage road to the parking lot. Normally the YouTubers and the "Do it for the Gram!" idiots are on the frontage road turn out waiting for people to do burnouts or floor it. Sadly, this crowd is getting out of hand yelling at people to be reckless and they and those drivers are the reason car enthusiasts can't have long term meets anymore. People do dumb shit like this or they start fights at meets.

I also wish people would learn what cold weather does to tires. As you can see, Quattro didn't save this guy.

Pictures someone else took this morning.

FB_IMG_1644184900766.jpg

FB_IMG_1644184914185.jpg

Made it to Reddit too.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Be safe, be smart.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Stupid is as stupid does. Audi's are fugly anyway no biggy.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Always a good plan to hoon below freezing.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Where ate the videos though ? There has to be at least like 5 of them at the minimum....

I'm surprised that after having seen so many people wipe out leaving car show, people still do it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
And that's the issue with places of business in some areas that are not wanting to sponsor car cruise in events or shows... it's people like that who give the event a bad rap to those looking in from the outside and ruin it for everyone else.

There's just no reason to exhibit WOT power take offs from the event into traffic.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Is the R8 totaled?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Too bad about the car. I'm not a fan of Audis, which I find bland and soulless, but the R8 is really a fantastic car.
Sponsored