Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Just received two Atturo AZ850DR (drag radial) tires in 315/30/R20 sizing. I'm in Ohio, so the weather will suck for a while longer, but I'll post updates related to performance as I get these mounted and test them out in various conditions. I won't be going to a track, so I'll only be able to provide commentary pertaining to street performance. These are going on a '17 GT mt-82 car making 900whp (twin turbo). My hope is that they can grip once I get in the 50/60mph range, but we shall see. The Hellcat guys seem to really like the AZ850 (standard tire, not the new DR), so maybe these will be strong performers compared to some of the other drag radial options currently available in larger diameters.

96078.jpeg

96079.jpeg

IMG_20230302_173113.jpg

IMG_20230302_173121.jpg

IMG_20230302_173129.jpg

IMG_20230302_173402.jpg
**UPDATE**

Per Atturo, I aired down the tires to 18psi and went hunting for an empty access road with a friend who knows my area better than I do when it comes to finding good roads to safely lay down some rubber. First line lock attempt ended in me stalling out, as I had never attempted this feature in any car in my life. Second attempt, though...well, just check out the pictures! A perfect, 15 second burnout, lighting up the tires and billowing smoke into the air. A little work van did get stuck behind me, but he didn't mind. We went different directions at the stop sign, and he did a "burnout" in his delivery truck!

The tires are now crazy sticky. I was laying into it with all 900whp in second and third up through about 5,500 rpm, and the tires had no problems sticking. These roads are country with deer, telephone poles, etc everywhere, so I didn't bury the tach, but all signs point to the tires holding the power very well. I've never been able to really enjoy all the power my car makes until now! Best Fathers Day gift ever!

burnout1.jpg

burnout2.jpg

burnout3.jpg

burnout4.jpg
Thanks for sharing, will definitely be looking in these tires once it time for a new set. I like how they offer 315/30/20. Not too many drag radial options in that size.

OP
OP
DUFF TT

DUFF TT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Twin Turbo
Slight update since a few others have added some posts.

Admittedly, I still don't have a ton of miles on these tires. I've never been on the track with them. When I lay down a big burnout, they're awesome. Using them without a burnout, they're scary. Even after being broken in, but when still cold, I break traction when I turn the car backing out of my downhill driveway onto my street.

On the rare occasion I can get the car out, find a place to light up the tires without the cops shooting me, and get to a road that is open enough for some pulls, I'm also running into the dreaded 4th gear lockout when I try to shift at high RPMs, so I'm looking at both replacement clutch and replacement transmission options. When I have that work performed, I'm going to convert to a 15" wheel in the rear with ET Street R tires. 900whp is just too much for 20" tire sidewalls. With there being zero sidewall give in the larger diameter tire, it's no wonder I get no traction without a burnout. Running 12-14psi with a thin sidewall is also just asking for a blown out tire and bent wheel. Glad I gave these a shot to guinea pig them, and they could work for folks living in warm weather/arid climates, but probably aren't a great choice for my particular set of circumstances.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I have a twin turbo pushing 900whp, and I should have these tires on in about a week. Having trouble finding tire shops that will install a low profile tire on aftermarket wheels when they didn't get margin on the tire sale, which I understand.
Which tires did you go with?

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Slight update since a few others have added some posts.

Admittedly, I still don't have a ton of miles on these tires. I've never been on the track with them. When I lay down a big burnout, they're awesome. Using them without a burnout, they're scary. Even after being broken in, but when still cold, I break traction when I turn the car backing out of my downhill driveway onto my street.

On the rare occasion I can get the car out, find a place to light up the tires without the cops shooting me, and get to a road that is open enough for some pulls, I'm also running into the dreaded 4th gear lockout when I try to shift at high RPMs, so I'm looking at both replacement clutch and replacement transmission options. When I have that work performed, I'm going to convert to a 15" wheel in the rear with ET Street R tires. 900whp is just too much for 20" tire sidewalls. With there being zero sidewall give in the larger diameter tire, it's no wonder I get no traction without a burnout. Running 12-14psi with a thin sidewall is also just asking for a blown out tire and bent wheel. Glad I gave these a shot to guinea pig them, and they could work for folks living in warm weather/arid climates, but probably aren't a great choice for my particular set of circumstances.
A new short shifter and transmission bushing would help as well as stainless steel clutch line.

OP
OP
DUFF TT

DUFF TT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Twin Turbo
I've got the short shifter and bushing purchased, but not installed. Going to work with a shop and talk through building the mt-82, swapping to a t56, or maybe even swapping to a built auto.
Sponsored