Sponsored

ATTENTION ALL - MUSTANG6G SOFTWARE MIGRATION THIS WEEKEND!!! - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I tried to turning off the persistent alerts but I still get an email for every single post.
I need that too. The system keeps sending emails for all new replies, which ends up being annoying...
@awmustang / @MakStang - Our developer tested the Persistent Alerts setting extensively using two accounts in the system and it worked exactly as expected (i.e. it does not send a second alert/email if the option is not enabled in the user account).

Can you please make sure you've unchecked "Persistent Alerts" (found in alert preferences) and confirm whether you are still receiving a second alert/email when you have not viewed the thread since the previous alert/email about that thread? If so, we will need to test with your account(s).

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thanks @Jarstang. I can confirm that now it works as expected: I get notified only once per thread and not for every single post.

Last edited:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
You can turn off PERSISTENT ALERTS by going to your ALERT PREFERENCES. When you disable this, it will only send you an email for new posts since the last time you viewed the thread.
This is the default behavior from the old forum software, correct? Maybe it would be a good idea to default all of the old ported users to having that "persistent alerts" option turned off. I already turned mine off, but I'm just speaking from a perspective of spam reputation, you're likely going to destroy your credibility with Gmail since users are too lazy to unsubscribe the right way and will just mark things as spam.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^ perfect point

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
We now have a brand new GARAGE feature added! It's got a lot of great options including the ability to search by category, fields, modifications, and other keywords. You can also leave comments, likes and ratings for other users' garages.

You can find the link to the garage in the forum navbar (use the drop down for different Garage options):

Garage.png
Where's the option for engine mods ?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey @Jarstang,
The previous version of the forum would allow us to click on the number of posts and see how many posts a member made in that thread. You could then search through those posts. Are these features no long options?

Last edited:

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I have to concur with the others that have mentioned the "posts per page". 15 is just way too small, especially if you are jumping into an older thread that is quite long. With the longer page loading times too (could just be my 13yr old laptop) all the extra clicks to get to the next page can add a significant amount of time to browse threads with multiple pages.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Posts per page should be a fairly standard feature to enable in most forum software.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I’m on my iPhone and when I try to select “quote” or reply to someone’s post I just get a “zoomed in” view, it does not give me the reply box or acknowledge that I’ve selected “quote”. Probably something on my end, just thought I’d mention it.
When trying to quote someone, do you select quote then reply?
Sponsored