Sponsored

ATTENTION ALL - MUSTANG6G SOFTWARE MIGRATION THIS WEEKEND!!! - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I literally just said not on a user-per-user basis right above your post... C'mon man :rolleyes:

There's only a global setting for EVERYONE.

Your post wasn't there when I had this tab open and before I replied. My bad. This global setting also makes browsing the forum way more tedious as you have to reload pages much more frequently. Sucks...majorly.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
No, you said "unless something has changed".

So, its reasonable to wait for someone who knows if something has changed answers.
Dang it, you are right! :(

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Looks like all the old @ mentions ie @Tank , were converted to [mention]Tank[\mention]. A few questions:
Any shortcuts to fix this?
Any other BB codes in the works?
Any ‘smiley’/‘emoji’ or similar in the works? After all, this is a forum!!

Congrats @Jarstang, seems like the conversion went well at least from a user standpoint.

Last edited:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Out of all the forums that switched to XenForo and I hated, this one's layout is by far the best. I don't mind it so far :D

+1 please get us the old emojis back!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Looks like all the old @ mentions ie @Tank , were converted to [mention]Tank[\mention]. A few questions:
Any shortcuts to fix this?
Any other BB codes in the works?
Any ‘smiley’/‘emoji’ or similar in the works? After all, this is a forum!!

Congrats @Jarstang, seems like the conversation went well at least from a user standpoint.
The previous mentions were one of the few things that didn't port over. It's low on the priority list but will look into fixing it retroactively. "@" Mentions do work going forward however.

Working on adding emojis now. They will be different than the ones on the old site.

One new feature we just added now, which some users in this thread requested, is the ability to mark certain forums as "Read" -- you can now do this by double-clicking the Node Icon (in Xenforo, forums are called "Nodes").

I've updated the FAQ sticky with this as well.

FAQ - Forum Index-1.png

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sorry if this has been asked, I don't have time to go through this whole thread, but can we revert to the old style or is this change permanent?

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
Anyone here get an overwelming amount of spam email after the site switched over? I am not sure if its related to this or me using my email on something else. Could just be coincidental but the new look does also have more annoying ads than before.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Anyone here get an overwelming amount of spam email after the site switched over? I am not sure if its related to this or me using my email on something else. Could just be coincidental but the new look does also have more annoying ads than before.
The site sent out a lot of thread notification emails when it came back online over the weekend and it played catchup, sending them all at once. This was inadvertent and it should be back to normal now. We're looking into the issue of persistent alerts not being able to be turned off, as reported by some members here.

Sponsored

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Any way to turn off the big red up and down arrows that keep popping up in the bottom right hand corner? They are always catching my eyes every time I move the screen and are becoming pretty annoying.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I looked briefly but didnt see anything.

For watched/subscribed threads the old system used to email you a notification of the first reply you haven't read (one email) until you signed on. This system send you an email for each reply. Is there any setting to change this?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Any way to turn off the big red up and down arrows that keep popping up in the bottom right hand corner? They are always catching my eyes every time I move the screen and are becoming pretty annoying.
If you want to use an extension that allows custom CSS, it'll be super easy. Just use:

Code:
#uix_jumpToFixed {display: none !important;}
Sponsored