Atlanta s550s Intake Manifold Shootout

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
If they need help I've got a good set of OP VCT angles for shorter runner intakes. Also they should be able to add a few more degrees of spark throughout the band even down low and midrange to help the torque losses.
oh nice! I just sent Injected an email with all the info from the dyno day and am awaiting their reply. I need to tag their front-end manager here so he can see this.

@Zemedici Hey buddy. Tagged you here for this offer by Terminator2. See what Curt says. I emailed Aric, too.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
oh nice! I just sent Injected an email with all the info from the dyno day and am awaiting their reply. I need to tag their front-end manager here so he can see this.

@Zemedici Hey buddy. Tagged you here for this offer by Terminator2. See what Curt says. I emailed Aric, too.

Shit, I need to get back on this board.

Thank you [MENTION=23439]Terminator2[/MENTION], I will pass the info to my tuner.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm Blake on the first post with the GT350 manifold.

Green is BEFORE the GT350 manifold (same mods otherwise)
Red is AFTER the GT350 manifold (today).

Both Lund tunes. Both on the same dyno, same car. Weird.

Click here for a log of this tune. This is a 3rd gear pull from a few days ago.
First thing that strikes me is Your throttle body isn't open 90* like it should be it's 85* until 4700 then 82* there after!

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
First thing that strikes me is Your throttle body isn't open 90* like it should be it's 85* until 4700 then 82* there after!
85* is WOT on these cars. I've never seen one at 90.

I'm surprised to see the sniper drop after 7000.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Negative knock is actually adding timing and if you look at the VCT events it looks like the dip you see is from transitioning to the WOT VCT/Timing tables which should have a lower base timing at that load and RPM. Lund has much more experience than I do but that timing down low seems really aggressive and may be past MBT. Without working on this platform I'll have to trust them though.
True but -4 to -2 is accomplished by a positive number.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

I've only read a few S550 datalogs but none of them showed 90* throttle angle, all were in the 8x* range. Same with the S197 logs I've seen including my own car which was tuned by several different tuners.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've only read a few S550 datalogs but none of them showed 90* throttle angle, all were in the 8x* range. Same with the S197 logs I've seen including my own car which was tuned by several different tuners.
Same with Focus ST. I believe the value is based off the voltage and not a physical angle.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So basically I should just get a single turbo? Well... okay... if I must. :)

No seriously, nice numbers guys! I wish it were possible to get to 490-500 WHP without "supercharger money" worth of modifications to get there. I swear, if someone came out with something that did that for like $2,500 total -- they'd make a killing.

It was fun helping install yellowstang's Holley a while back. It looks so good when it's installed. It looked like a really nice piece of kit before we installed it, too. I'm a GT350 manifold guy, though, if I were to get one... I just like the stockish look. But I still want one of those damn Edelbrock ones... maybe they'll come down in price.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP

Me too, it doesn't appear it was ran to 8K like the others either?

I'm doing a true back to back on the 11th of March to show what a Sniper adds to an E85 car with 1 3/4" headers.

I had solid gains with one before but I wanted to pull it off to get a baseline and some good data on headers.

Also would add that the drop off on the Sniper is very odd. My car made peak @ 7300 with the sniper and it slowly tapered down from there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You have to tune it to open past 85*. Mines at 90* and logs show it making more torque vs at 85*.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Wealth of knowledge & experience chiming in - great thread. [MENTION=7398]Todd15Fastback[/MENTION] did you consider the matching throttle body for the Snyper, I see on Summit it's a 90 too, as opposed to the 90 BBK throttle body?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Wealth of knowledge & experience chiming in - great thread. [MENTION=7398]Todd15Fastback[/MENTION] did you consider the matching throttle body for the Snyper, I see on Summit it's a 90 too, as opposed to the 90 BBK throttle body?
Both his sniper and throttle body are 90mm. They should match but it's worth checking.
Sponsored