Sponsored

As of 3/1, Beefcake will phase out all offroad headers. :(

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I’m just glad most the of the people on this forum and in this industry weren’t around for the founding of our Country because we probably wouldn’t have one. Just lay down and take the dick that daddy government is giving you, it obviously comes natural to y’all lol
Nah, we would have relied on deeply intellectual and well rounded person like you
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Nah, we would have relied on deeply intellectual and well rounded person like you
I see your in commiefornia so I’m sure that’s an accurate statement LOL smh

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
I have spent my entire career working in the automotive aftermarket- first part 12 years at a company that makes exhaust and catalytic converters- probably a good % of people on this board have parts from that company/ not a small player ......

A few years they went after all the diesel tuners/ "off road" parts guys- now it is impossible to delete a new diesel truck (remove emissions tune it) - no company will touch anything non EPA/CARB compliant with a 10 foot pole (I own a 20 F250 Powerstroke and am on those forums as well)

The same is coming for our world as well with muscle cars- I was not a fan of how the company I was at was run/ how they treated their internal people (why I am not saying their name) so when I started seeing the beginning of active exhausts and the start of the crack down on the diesel side- it made my decision even easier to leave - now I work in the boring my car broke down and needs a replacement part side for another very large company

Luckily we have CARB legal superchargers- tunes exc- so you will still be able to go fast- its just going to cost more....

Lots of people moving from CA to other states- that will result in "changes" as well ...I have grown up in Southern CA/ lived here my whole life and when I retire I will be leaving.
It’s really sad that all of these companies won’t band together and stand up to this nonsense, just shows how greedy they really are imo.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I see your in commiefornia so I’m sure that’s an accurate statement LOL smh
Is that really the best comeback that you can do?
I would have expected something deeper and more original from a person of your intellect and perspicacity
Or may be I’m wrong and you are a product of social Darwinism that honestly believe that loud pipes save life....🤣

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s really sad that all of these companies won’t band together and stand up to this nonsense, just shows how greedy they really are imo.
Corporations are a creature of the State - they require permission to exist let alone operate. The only entity that has cause and self-interest to oppose gov't are the end-users. It's up to the voters to overthrow/spank/rein-in Sacramento. They haven't. Indeed if it was put up for one of California's famous referendums I very much doubt the 'mah-offroad pipes' crowd could muster enough votes to get it put on the docket.

So naturally the purveyors of "illegal" products can no longer justify selling into CA or spending the R&D for product development if the market for 49 states isn't enough to be worthwhile. Be honest, the only reason to buy obnoxious loud pipes is if you're a social degenerate. The HP gains are laughable and pointless in traffic. If you have a legit race car in a sanctioned organization and want to procure track exhaust you absolutely still can.

It's retail that caters to the general public that can no longer run the risk of getting a demand letter from the State. It's no different than gun/magazine retailers have to deal with in regards to California stupidity.

Last edited:

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Is that really the best comeback that you can do?
I would have expected something deeper and more original from a person of your intellect and perspicacity
I don’t put much effort into trying to change the mind of someone who’s been brainwashed, just not worth my time.

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
How do you figure that greed comes into play here? The companies that are affected by this are spending millions of dollars in the name of creating compliant products. It would be a whole lot easier and more profitable for them to just keep selling the race parts that they have been for years.

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Corporations are a creature of the State - they require permission to exist let alone operate. The only entity that has cause and self-interest to oppose gov't are the end-users. It's up to the voters to overthrow/spank/rein-in Sacramento. They haven't. Indeed if it was put up for one of California's famous referendums I very much doubt the 'mah-offroad pipes' crowd could muster enough votes to get it put on the docket.

So naturally the purveyors of "illegal" products can no longer justify selling into CA or spending the R&D for product development if the market for 49 states isn't enough to be worthwhile. Be honest, the only reason to buy obnoxious loud pipes is if you're a social degenerate. The HP gains are laughable and pointless in traffic. If you have a legit race car in a sanctioned organization and want to procure track exhaust you absolutely still can.

It's retail that caters to the general public that can no longer run the risk of getting a demand letter from the State. It's no different than gun/magazine retailers have to deal with in regards to California stupidity.
I agree, but it’s the “give an inch they take a mile” principle. once they see you’ll give something up just to have them leave you alone then you’ve effectively given them all your rights, it’s just a matter of when they decide to come take the next freedom. On top of that, on high horsepower street cars your living on borrowed time running cats, just a matter of time before one takes a dump and takes your motor with it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
On top of that, on high horsepower street cars your living on borrowed time running cats, just a matter of time before one takes a dump and takes your motor with it.
in the 70's maybe. Every sports car manufacturer has EPA-legal cats on motors that make Coyote/Voodoo look like pikers and they warranty them for 10yrs. So clearly the technology exists to survive for a damn long time. If there really is a problem with even high-performance CATs sh*tting the bed, then it's a simple matter of buying new factory catted headers and you're good for another 10'ish years. I'm not seeing a problem.

If Sacramento/EPA were pulling the crap they did in 73-80 and completely destroying ICE for political purposes, it'd be one thing. I don't subscribe to the "climate emergency" justification CARB keeps waving around either. Their unilateral cranking of emissions is in no way justified by science and only serves to jack costs and remove perfectly fine goods from the marketplace. And on that basis should be repudiated.

Sponsored

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Well I will say this. This company was the definition of corporate greed. I could tell you stories that would make your head spin. For example one time during 2009 during the recession my wife had a miscarriage and I tried to move a meeting with a potential new client so that I could be there with my wife for the surgery to remove the fetus and I was told they didn't want to wait another month for the new business/additional revenue so to get on the plane or I was fired....and I was in good graces with the owners at the time.

So yeah I know a thing or two about corporate greed but having to redevelop parts to be CARB compliant was definitely not one of them.

If we were not in the middle of a recession I would have walked out that day but instead I stayed another 3 years until the market got better and then put out my resume and got the heck out of there...

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Tolerating or necessitating? My sister drove from San Fran to Phoenix to avoid riding in a flying bus during a pandemic. She needed to go thru L.A. for a reason I don't recall and she could not find a gas station that would let customers use the restrooms because of Covid. She had to go outdoors behind one of them.
#followthescience

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is what I think of when people say off road Mustang
D2D97AA5-83F3-4B7F-B57C-ED779C34B16C.jpeg
That's it!!! Why couldn't I see that before? The crowd surfing isn't from bad driving after all. Its just that the fines for that are less than for driving with off-road headers on the public roads!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Or may be I’m wrong and you are a product of social Darwinism that honestly believe that loud pipes save life....🤣
I see you never rode a Harley.
Sponsored