FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
da fuq. did I just read this right, its being turned back on? is this a Biden administration thing?

im not seeing anything on google about Dayton Ohio, so assuming they still opt out. as another poster posted, just Cleveland it appears. we don't care what they do up there. keep it for them.

I really don't see dayton/majority of Ohio ever adopting again. it was a battle to remove it. its gone for good.
Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 1.07.33 PM.png
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
btw- team beefcake is like 30 minutes from me. they have a performance shop, I had them do my alignment, since the other alignment shops absolutely jacked up my alignment.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Most stated are going to go the way of Cali. Even if you can pass readiness the computer will tie into a database that has your Vehicle CVS (Check Vehicle Sum). It basically can tell whether or not aftermarket software has been installed on the vehicle. So if you are going to run software keep all your emissions stuff and you can return the car to stock before smog. ONe thing with Cali is that you don't have to smog new cars for 8 years as they are covered under the Cali emissions warranty for that time period.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Some aftermarket suppliers have gotten hit with big fines for emissions related issues. I think you will be seeing less "offroad only" tunes and parts being offered in the future. I'm not sure what that will look like, but if the feds crack down and force strict compliance, it won't make sense from a business standpoint to offer such items. Except maybe to customers with actual track cars, and those parts will likely be expensive if the tooling to make them is different from the big volume parts.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Not to mention it turns out emissions have gotten so good in new cars that it isn't that much of a performance detriment. That is why Ford has the PowerKits and they are smog legal. I mean after all with emissions we still get a 5.0 Coyote motor making in Mach 1 form 480hp all smog legal. Power levels unheard of when cars didn't even have emissions.

As someone who has lived in Los Angeles since I got out of the Army in the late 80s. I can attest on how much cleaner the air is now then when I first moved here. I can actually see the Angeles mountain range now, when I first moved here you couldn't see them unless right after a rain storm.

I am not a tree hugging liberal in any stretch of the imagination. It just shows you on how technology really has improved. I mean we have 760hp GT500s with full emissions.

I was stationed in San Diego in the early 80's and remember some bad air daze back then,, there were a lot of old cars [well, they weren't that old at the time] burning oil and smoking like chimneys.

Last time I was out there 2005/6 it was a lot cleaner.

I did headers and O/R exhaust on my old Gen3 'Yote and plan on leaving the stock exhaust on my new Hellcat.

Sponsored

Dtmlloyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 2500 high country
Government doesn’t care about jet planes that produce more pollution than cars or trains that I see pouring out black smoke? Farm equipment etc.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
What really sucks is in the United STATES of America, one state can dictate the laws for the entire country. I understand having cats with the population density California has but why must the same laws be pushed in say Wyoming with 2% of the population density.

The problem in this country is simple. People are not just content with pushing their ideas in their place of residence. They want their ideas followed everywhere. That is the exact opposite of how this country was designed.
This isn't a correct statement. California does not dictate what other states do. They are choosing to do this on their own volition.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This isn't a correct statement. California does not dictate what other states do. They are choosing to do this on their own verition.
I don't really know why this phenomena happens, California residents leave California complaining about policies, so they move to other states neighboring, and then they vote for all the same thing cali is, turning it.

rinse repeat, everywhere that its citizens move too, becomes mini calis

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
I don't really know why this phenomena happens, California residents leave California complaining about policies, so they move to other states neighboring, and then they vote for all the same thing cali is, turning it.

rinse repeat, everywhere that its citizens move too, becomes mini calis
I've been seeing that for years,, Even here in NC the out of state libtards are bringing those failed idea's with them ..

Now I'm not sure what bathroom I'm supposed to use, or if I am still a lesbian trapped in a man's body??

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I've been seeing that for years,, Even here in NC the out of state libtards are bringing those failed idea's with them ..

Now I'm not sure what bathroom I'm supposed to use, or if I am still a lesbian trapped in a man's body??

can't argue with those people either over their ideas, there's some type of elitist attitude about California policies. at least when I lived there for awhile military, what cali does, is the only solution/thing that makes sense, everyone else is primitive type deal.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Either you are for authoritarian ideas or you are a backward intolerant hick.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
What really sucks is in the United STATES of America, one state can dictate the laws for the entire country. I understand having cats with the population density California has but why must the same laws be pushed in say Wyoming with 2% of the population density.

The problem in this country is simple. People are not just content with pushing their ideas in their place of residence. They want their ideas followed everywhere. That is the exact opposite of how this country was designed.
You are not factual, in Wyoming, vehicles only have EPA standards, not Carb, so your comment make no sense at all
And if Wyoming was to adopt Carb regulations, as many states have done, that would be YOUR legislature voting to do so
Nothing to do with 1 state, in this case California, imposing it’s rules on another state... fake news....

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Yeah you are correct the the letter of the law. The reality is as the biggest state they get to dictate what rules the country lives by.

Any idea what CARB stands for and why my weedeater needs to be certified? California has even been caught rejecting certifications for manufactures that have California and non California product lines. That’s not right.

Here is another case that makes zero sense. Why we can’t have replica cars.

So let’s all go party in the streets, right? Well, not just yet. According to the California Air Resources Board (CARB), responsible for clean air in California and other states that adopt its standards, says no. Some of the low-volume carmakers were under the assumption they could use so-called “crate motors” from GM, Ford, and MOPAR in their builds. But CARB says any engine put in a “new” car, even an old-car replica, must meet today’s emission standards, which seems directly contrary to the law just passed and now fully enacted.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/industry-news/a35377165/low-volume-manufacturers-law-engines/

We are reverting to tribalism. Everyone must be labeled.
[/QUOTE
So you can buy a none carb compliant car or weed eater for that matter in Wyoming?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_vehicle_emission_standards
And btw, Carb was established by Ronald Reagan when he was governor so, please drop that stupid political garbage that has no place in this thread
Sponsored