MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Oh geez, really?

Obviously my comment was tongue-in-cheek but I had no idea it was actually a thing.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised but I kinda am anyway.
Fast forward to 7:30 to hear it. It’s something…..And I guess they’re calling it a Charger not a Challenger even though it’s a 2 door. Back to the Charger of old I guess🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Such a looker, shame it's not Hemi powered.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
just think you were imitating the Coyote ticking noise 30 years before you knew it!

And if the motorcycles you were familiar with back then sounded like playing cards in spokes, I don't have a big enough bucket of pity for you...

Can't wait for the EVs to sound like Yamaha R1 cross-plane, or better yet, the multi-peak thyrister hum on electric commuter trains, with obligatory bangs of the relay banks engaging.
That‘s pretty darn clever about the tick!

As for the pity, no need. I recovered nicely. I’m gonna say this was somewhere around age 6-10, at which point Cushman was the gold standard. But after riding my first Harley at age 12, I instantly had a lifetime frame of reference for motorcycle sound. Which may help explain why I’ll never buy an EV as long as a gallon of gas is available at any price close to reason.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Sadly though, every corporation is going this way. No matter the sector or what they make, ma and pa shops are going away, and that's just awful for the consumer. Nobody cares about quality or feel anymore, just profits and stocks.
I'm going to hang onto the last final shred of fun in this car hobby thing i can. I'm sure I'm not alone on this forum in that
we killed the mom and pop , no one else, we the customers did. we valued bottom line over skilled help and customer service. we the customers built that, no one else.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I read your post several times but was unsuccessful at gleaning out an actual point for a response.

I do, however, hope you enjoy your Mach-e or whatever EV you choose. They aren’t for me, but perhaps I’d like them better if someone came up with a way to mimic actual engine sounds. I’m thinking something along the lines of when we used to attach playing cards to our bicycle fender struts with clothespins so they’d contact the spokes and make what passed for motorcycle noise. That might be the ticket…
The point is some have "selective" memories and forget what ford has done and sold under the "mustang" banner. Some think there is some high standard rep, and history to protect, And that a ev with the badge is a slap in the face, I think the pinto mustang was a bigger slap than the ev ever could be.
You took the post wrong, I would love it if Ford could keep building and selling ice v8 mustangs for 20-30 more years, but it isn't going to happen , That is the reality. Frankly I am surprised they haven't moved into the turbo 6's and left the v8 for the Shelby cars other than the v6 turbo would end up smoking the v8 after the aftermarket turn up the wick.

Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
My actual memory really isn’t selective but what I choose to think of when I hear the word “Mustang” very much is. Probably same difference really. Yes, Ford has put out some real abominations under the Mustang banner but I choose to only think of the hi-po V-8s. And I don’t mean at all to be snooty or snobby but I’m kinda the same way with Mustangs today. When I hear “Mustang” I default to thinking V-8.

I accept that my opinion is antiquated and by most standards extreme and just plain wrong but I’m completely closed-minded. When it comes to EVs I’d just prefer to walk. Probably not only the reality of the vehicles themselves but also the process by which we find ourselves forced into having to live with them.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
we killed the mom and pop , no one else, we the customers did. we valued bottom line over skilled help and customer service. we the customers built that, no one else.
"WE" here is used very loosely but i see your point and i agree that most consumers probably killed mom and pop stores. The "enthusiasts", which is the whole point of this forum, always wanted something better than it was before even if it costed more money.
that being said, I've owned and driven many Mustangs over the years and i think the S550 is the best one minus the wheel hop problem. So they're still heading forward in my opinion, but i don't believe this is the death of gas engines in cars. But yes maybe old school style v8s

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
"WE" here is used very loosely but i see your point and i agree that most consumers probably killed mom and pop stores. The "enthusiasts", which is the whole point of this forum, always wanted something better than it was before even if it costed more money.
that being said, I've owned and driven many Mustangs over the years and i think the S550 is the best one minus the wheel hop problem. So they're still heading forward in my opinion, but i don't believe this is the death of gas engines in cars. But yes maybe old school style v8s
NAh, not the way I remember it. As soon as PAW, Jeg's, summit,etc mail order wharehouses undercut the mom and pop speed shops, most bought from the box store to save a buck. Same with building supplies, computers, vehicles, EVERYTHING. not everyone, but the little group left that support the skilled help and good customer service of the smaller family owned business was not enough to keep them from folding. again WE BUILT THAT. Same reason almost nothing is made here because we will not buy it when an imported one is cheaper. I have watched as a business will make public that they are moving opp's to China, India,Mexico, and the stock for that company goes up, WHO you think was buying that stock? Your retirement investment accounts. WE the cheap @$$ American customer built this. Along with a side plate of flower power that once in power, regulated everything to death, making it so costly to do anything here over outside our boarders and keep the doors open.
We built that, ALL of it.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
NAh, not the way I remember it. As soon as PAW, Jeg's, summit,etc mail order wharehouses undercut the mom and pop speed shops, most bought from the box store to save a buck. Same with building supplies, computers, vehicles, EVERYTHING. not everyone, but the little group left that support the skilled help and good customer service of the smaller family owned business was not enough to keep them from folding. again WE BUILT THAT. Same reason almost nothing is made here because we will not buy it when an imported one is cheaper. I have watched as a business will make public that they are moving opp's to China, India,Mexico, and the stock for that company goes up, WHO you think was buying that stock? Your retirement investment accounts. WE the cheap @$$ American customer built this. Along with a side plate of flower power that once in power, regulated everything to death, making it so costly to do anything here over outside our boarders and keep the doors open.
We built that, ALL of it.
Well i dunno about you but i but clothes from all American clothing, when i buy tires, i look for country of origin USA, when i buy meat i go to the local farms and buy from them, anything i know of that i can actually get still made here in USA or locally i do it. And yes you can buy Toyotas made here and you're helping the American worker, but the profit goes back to Japan. Not really a problem as we like them and want them on our side, but the point here is, not everyone is a cheap &$@ fool.
The mustang is still made mostly here in USA and so was my truck. And so I'm happy to have supported the few left in Detroit when buying my Mustang.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Well i dunno about you but i but clothes from all American clothing, when i buy tires, i look for country of origin USA, when i buy meat i go to the local farms and buy from them, anything i know of that i can actually get still made here in USA or locally i do it. And yes you can buy Toyotas made here and you're helping the American worker, but the profit goes back to Japan. Not really a problem as we like them and want them on our side, but the point here is, not everyone is a cheap &$@ fool.
The mustang is still made mostly here in USA and so was my truck. And so I'm happy to have supported the few left in Detroit when buying my Mustang.
oh, I buy made here when someone produces it. but I am one of very few that will bother. most don't care , well till it affects their career then OMG.
But in general we as a people made this mess. We will complain about lack of customer service or employees knowing what they sell, but are not willing to support those that do. Most window shop at those places ask questions, then either buy from a box store or an in line retailer .

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm just holding onto my car long enough to see how reviews for the Integra Type-S pan out in about 6 months then test drive one. With how much traffic is on the road anymore, and how horrible many seem to drive with 0 cops around to pull them over, I'm done driving a powerful sports car. Not worth it. Give me something smaller, more nimble and better on gas. If I fit in a Miata RF I'd be sitting in one of those.
I don't fit in a Miata, either. I like my GR86 as a daily. RWD, 2800 lbs, nice shifter, cheaper than a Miata. You should at least take a look. I've heard they aren't that great on gas. I don't really pay attention, but it seems fine to me. Small tank and I don't fill it that often.

The point is some have "selective" memories and forget what ford has done and sold under the "mustang" banner. Some think there is some high standard rep, and history to protect, And that a ev with the badge is a slap in the face, I think the pinto mustang was a bigger slap than the ev ever could be.
You took the post wrong, I would love it if Ford could keep building and selling ice v8 mustangs for 20-30 more years, but it isn't going to happen , That is the reality. Frankly I am surprised they haven't moved into the turbo 6's and left the v8 for the Shelby cars other than the v6 turbo would end up smoking the v8 after the aftermarket turn up the wick.
Eh, the Mustang name slapped on whatever is convenient is just business, right? I'm the goofy person for feeling loyalty. I still feel that way, but common sense says I should buy what I prefer and ignore the brand. If Ford makes something I want I might buy. The Mustang IIs were really great cars as were the Foxes. A small RWD car with a V8 is always good, IMO. I like the current ones even though they are bigger than I would prefer.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I don't fit in a Miata, either. I like my GR86 as a daily. RWD, 2800 lbs, nice shifter, cheaper than a Miata. You should at least take a look. I've heard they aren't that great on gas. I don't really pay attention, but it seems fine to me. Small tank and I don't fill it that often.

Eh, the Mustang name slapped on whatever is convenient is just business, right? I'm the goofy person for feeling loyalty. I still feel that way, but common sense says I should buy what I prefer and ignore the brand. If Ford makes something I want I might buy. The Mustang IIs were really great cars as were the Foxes. A small RWD car with a V8 is always good, IMO. I like the current ones even though they are bigger than I would prefer.
Come on man. the Mustang was a reskined falcon at first, then a reskined pinto. then a reskined farmont. nothing wrong with any of this, just it isn't some engineering marvel.
It was we'll design a bread and butter car, and then find away to rework it into a sprty ish car model .
ATM Ford has nothing sharing the platform with the s550/650 this is bad. one good dip in the economy will bury it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Come on man. the Mustang was a reskined falcon at first, then a reskined pinto. then a reskined farmont. nothing wrong with any of this, just it isn't some engineering marvel.
It was we'll design a bread and butter car, and then find away to rework it into a sprty ish car model .
ATM Ford has nothing sharing the platform with the s550/650 this is bad. one good dip in the economy will bury it.
I agree the Mustang was a budget vehicle. The budget is a little higher now, but still many normal people can afford it.

Ford has been using the same platform for many years. They were planning to change to a newer "shared" platform with 7G, but decided to save money keeping the same platform. Sales is more the thing that might kill Mustang more than anything else.

I agree Mustang seems to be a little low on Ford's priority list. It makes sense because fewer people are buying. I personally think if Ford would redesign and resize the Mustang to make it less expensive and more sporty again (more like the Mustang II) that would be a big upgrade. It probably still wouldn't sell as many as the Mustang II did that first year 386,000 - but you might see a really nice uptick. (Some) people want small and efficient cars. And if they are sporty too - even better.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I agree the Mustang was a budget vehicle. The budget is a little higher now, but still many normal people can afford it.

Ford has been using the same platform for many years. They were planning to change to a newer "shared" platform with 7G, but decided to save money keeping the same platform. Sales is more the thing that might kill Mustang more than anything else.

I agree Mustang seems to be a little low on Ford's priority list. It makes sense because fewer people are buying. I personally think if Ford would redesign and resize the Mustang to make it less expensive and more sporty again (more like the Mustang II) that would be a big upgrade. It probably still wouldn't sell as many as the Mustang II did that first year 386,000 - but you might see a really nice uptick. (Some) people want small and efficient cars. And if they are sporty too - even better.
oh a kind cobra sized car with a 350hp turbo 4. make it 2700 lp's or less. and hello dolly.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
oh a kind cobra sized car with a 350hp turbo 4. make it 2700 lp's or less. and hello dolly.
Or a smaller NA V8 around 3.5 liters making 350 HP. More Ford pushrod 302 sized or even slightly smaller but with DOHC. That would be sweet.
Sponsored