Sponsored

Article: The Ford Mustang Performance Pack Two Is What Happens When You let Engineers Tinker

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I think this really misses the mark. The PP2 requires the Premium trim, which gets you to a $49k list without any other options (Recaro's, active exhaust). With new 2018 GT350s out there for at or below list, that seems incredibly steep, especially with the better preforming SS LE1 for several thousand less.
The PP2 doesn't require the Premium trim. If you want leather it does but you can get Sync and duel climate control without opting for Premium. If you were to opt leather in the GT350 you are getting farther away price wise as well.

There is a considerable price difference between a PP2 and a GT350. When you add leather and tech to both that gap stays the same. Comparing a PP2 Premium which requires the upgraded leather/tech package to a cloth GT350 isn't apples to apples. Yes you can option a PP2 car to have a very high MSRP and it gets rather close to a GT350 price but there is still a gap and you are getting far more options in the car. If you wanted the same stuff in the GT350 you'd be paying up from MSRP as well.
Sponsored

HansS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hans
Vehicle(s)
2013GT
The PP2 doesn't require the Premium trim. If you want leather it does but you can get Sync and duel climate control without opting for Premium. If you were to opt leather in the GT350 you are getting farther away price wise as well.

There is a considerable price difference between a PP2 and a GT350. When you add leather and tech to both that gap stays the same. Comparing a PP2 Premium which requires the upgraded leather/tech package to a cloth GT350 isn't apples to apples. Yes you can option a PP2 car to have a very high MSRP and it gets rather close to a GT350 price but there is still a gap and you are getting far more options in the car. If you wanted the same stuff in the GT350 you'd be paying up from MSRP as well.
Ah. You are correct. It was telling me I had to add a package, which is the 301A tech package that adds another $2k to the price for a total addition of $8500 adding the Recaro's and active exhaust shows me a net price of $47,340. Wonder how much of a discount from list is possible.

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Ah. You are correct. It was telling me I had to add a package, which is the 301A tech package that adds another $2k to the price for a total addition of $8500 adding the Recaro's and active exhaust shows me a net price of $47,340. Wonder how much of a discount from list is possible.
My 18' PP2 with only active exhaust and Recaros (301a is mandatory) was $42k.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I would start with 10% off MSRP and get them to throw out all their advertising and other garbage fee's. They should come back with about 8% off MSRP which is what I got. Ended getting rid of all the dealer fee's and 8% off MSRP.

Asking folks "what they paid" is really distorting the truth. Some folks might have been taken on their trade in, different area's have different deals, some might have qualified for student or first responder discount, etc. Also some folks add in their service plans, aftermarket tire/wheel warranties, etc.

I don't like to spend a lot of time at the dealership. I want they car they have and saving 400 bucks isn't a high priority to me. No one wants to be "taken" of "screwed" but if you are educated and are fine with the price that's the best you can ask for IMHO.

My car is a 2019 PP2 with active exhaust, 301A, and Recaro's.

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned an 05 Mustang GT, Boss 302, C7 Vette, and a GT350. I've also had an Ecoboost and an RS as daily drivers. My girlfriend currently owns a 19 Mustang GT PP1 as well. Tracked the Boss, C7, and my GT350.

I have not seen you ever mention tracking, let alone driving, a GT350. You're the only person I've heard of that's been disappointed with that car and smack talked it, apart from people who can't handle a manual and go to an auto. If you can afford both, I just can't see not taking the GT350 with its Voodoo over the Coyote. No disrespect to the newer Coyote, which I feel is the true successor to the Roadrunner vs the 15-17 Coyote.
"Apart from people who can't handle manual", wow assume much? Everybody has their reason for choosing a manual or an auto, judging those who choose differently is an asshat thing to do. Some people have medical reasons for choosing an auto, you're talking here about smack talk while smack talking.

Grow up.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
"Apart from people who can't handle manual", wow assume much? Everybody has their reason for choosing a manual or an auto, judging those who choose differently is an asshat thing to do. Some people have medical reasons for choosing an auto, you're talking here about smack talk while smack talking.

Grow up.
I'd never look down on having a legit medical reason for wanting to go to an auto. That's understandable. However let's not kid ourselves here, that's a minority of auto owners. Something like only 18% of US drivers know how to drive a stick. The rest can't handle a manual.

I certainly have my own asshat opinion on the majority of muscle car auto owners. That being they only chase times/acceleration and will be the first to line up for the next Tesla in search of only being fast, forgoing the spirit and souls of automobiles.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Im fairly certain a few members have tracked A10 cars without transmission issues of any sort...

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Right here! I live right near DFW, so if you're looking for someone to dump them off on, I'll take em!
Still looking for a set of 305/30x19 PP2 take-offs? 26 miles (per Discount Tire receipt) on 'em w/NO burnouts, 1/4 mile runs, auto-X or track time ... $1,300.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, had a big repair bill on the house pop up and couldn't get the wheels I was going to. Maybe once I do get them, but it'll probably be a while

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Sorry, had a big repair bill on the house pop up & couldn't get the wheels I was going to. Maybe once I do get them, but it'll probably be awhile.
Hey, as a fellow homeowner, I understand. No apologies necessary. :)
Sponsored