2018 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
5th paragraph down is where the article says this. Very good article whether you agree with that or not. I’m sure 3000 is the safest for your car and keeps the engine bay cleanest. https://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/562/oil-change-filter-sensors
Interesting... I just had the dealer change the original fill in my 18 EBPP according to the oil life indicator... about 2% remaining, at 9,800 miles. Change intervals appear to fall on even 10K mile increments, and although that seems high to me, perhaps Ford has enough data on the EB engine to show that it works - or will at least fail outside the warranty period...

I have owned turbo cars in the past, and have always stayed in the 3.5-5K range for oil changes, but those cars were 80's vintage Chrysler products. All but one were trouble-free, and the one with trouble had the short block replaced under warranty due to a rod knock... nothing turbo-related. My last DD was a Honda Fit, and I had an oil analysis done with each oil change. Non-synthetic oils were routinely healthy with as much as 12K. I'm curious to see how the EB engine oil sample does with nearly 10K miles on a fresh engine. I'll do another 10K on this change to see how the oil looks on a non-virgin engine, and adjust from there. My gut feeling is to stick with 5K intervals on the turbo, unless a full synthetic shows to be very happy out to 7500+.

OP
OP

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
I am too chicken to try for 7000-10000 mile oil changes with this turbo engine. Hey, I see you have magneride. Does it make your car ride smoother? How do you like it?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
MR was a must-have option for me, I wanted to have a car that was as competitive as possible in the stock-classes of autoX. I REALLY like the MR, especially with the drive modes. Snow/rain is really soft, and track & drag modes are really firm. None of the modes are unacceptable if you like a performance type suspension, but drag &track are definitely not cushy.

Sponsored

OP
OP

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
MR was a must-have option for me, I wanted to have a car that was as competitive as possible in the stock-classes of autoX. I REALLY like the MR, especially with the drive modes. Snow/rain is really soft, and track & drag modes are really firm. None of the modes are unacceptable if you like a performance type suspension, but drag &track are definitely not cushy.

I’m so jealous! I should have special ordered my Mustang. Would love to have the magneride.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
For a datapoint, I got my oil analysis back from Blackstone Labs today. Looks like I took the sample at 9,500 miles not 9,800 like I noted above, but there was still life in the oil.

Attachments

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
For the amount I pay for amsoil I'll roll the dice and just change it once a year. It's rated at 25k and I might put 9k on the odo.
Sponsored