Arrgh, car got towed, and damaged...

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I don't get this, why didn't they call you or cross the street to let you know that they wanted you to move your car before getting it towed away :shrug:

I think we're missing one side of the story to get a complete picture of what really happened . Just sayin'
Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Sounds like they were doing you a favor and you took advantage by parking there longer than agreed upon. Yes, they could of given you a warning but you could of also of had the courtesy to let them know you needed to park there longer. Communication is a two way street. It sucks your GT350 paid the price. Buy a new spoiler/wheel and avoid your deductible.

OP
OP
torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like they were doing you a favor and you took advantage by parking there longer than agreed upon. Yes, they could of given you a warning but you could of also of had the courtesy to let them know you needed to park there longer. Communication is a two way street. It sucks your GT350 paid the price. Buy a new spoiler/wheel and avoid your deductible.
But, but.. you should see the site... It is a completely empty car park, just gets full during mass on Sat/Sun (when I always took the car out, not to take someone's spot ). I mean 40+ completely empty spaces, of which I took one, the closest to my property ...

What I forgot to add the reason that I asked for the parking is due to the fact that parking on the street is forbidden after 15 Nov, and I still have building stuff where the garage is getting built! Not finished, and no place to leave the car unfortunately !

Nevertheless, no point arguing I know it's also my fault, I was expecting compassion when there's none, I will go this coming Sunday and make another donation and tell the father "this is in appreciation of you towing the car and damaging it" , see what he says.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
This. Letting them know you needed an extra few days would have avoided this situation.

Granted, what they did was harsh, but I can see why they may have got pissed. Most likely the father missed his cup of coffee that morning...

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
But, but.. you should see the site... It is a completely empty car park, just gets full during mass on Sat/Sun (when I always took the car out, not to take someone's spot ). I mean 40+ completely empty spaces, of which I took one, the closest to my property ...

What I forgot to add the reason that I asked for the parking is due to the fact that parking on the street is forbidden after 15 Nov, and I still have building stuff where the garage is getting built! Not finished, and no place to leave the car unfortunately !

Nevertheless, no point arguing I know it's also my fault, I was expecting compassion when there's none, I will go this coming Sunday and make another donation and tell the father "this is in appreciation of you towing the car and damaging it" , see what he says.
Ha! You should ask the father to dedicate Sunday's mass to your OEM chin spoiler and driver front wheel... may they RIP. Hope your garage is completed soon! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Thanks.. I'll probably buy a new wheel, and a new chin spoiler.. Does the R one fit ?
Sorry dude, I don't know for sure...
In any case, unless you were abusing the privilege or told the permit would expire, seems to me they were in the wrong. Good of you to move it out on Sundays. If you make your donation this Sunday, consider rethinking what you really want to say- if I may suggest, consider asking him why he thought it was ok to tow your car. He and you might be on different pages and he could be seeing the situation differently from you and even the staff who works for him..Just a thought.
Good Luck :thumbsup:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
so, when are you going to confront them with this?
Gotta take this one up with the big man himself. Having a GT350 unjustly towed when you knew damn well who the owner was is the 8th deadly sin.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Wow what a great church! :lol:

And not good advice but if it were me and a towing company destroyed my GT350 AND lied to me about it...well it wouldn't be a good outcome.

***GT350***

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Firstly , i'm really sorry that your car had to take the beating.

Secondly, the church people did give you some compassion because they allowed you to park there for a period of time when your garage is being remodeled.

Thirdly, looking at the way you vent on this topic, you are probably not a religious person---AND i respect you for that.

With all i have just said, I find you to be a bit disrespectful as you think it's funny/sarcastic to "give a donation and tell them how you don't appreciate what they've done."

They could have simply said "no" to you when you asked them to let you park there. Yes, I find them a bit too harsh on you, but they did absolutely noting wrong, they just didn't do "enough (calling you) for you" because they didn't call you before having your car towed.

Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
In this situation I think having his car towed is intentionally vindictive.

Especially when they could have just called him and asked him to move it like any normal human would do.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
In this situation I think having his car towed is intentionally vindictive.

Especially when they could have just called him and asked him to move it like any normal human would do.
This pretty much sums it up. Yes he could have also asked for permission to keep it there longer, but having it towed when they knew who it was, why it was there, and that the dude lives right next door is definitely poor form.

I'm guessing they showed no mercy since he isnt a member of church

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
who ever towed that car is a piece of shit and should not be towing cars period. ive towed my own car myself a few times and have never ended up with a curbed wheel, or a single scratch on the car. ive used a flat bed, and wheel lift, go dump some nails in their yard. teach them a lesson in not fucking up someones property. truck tires are expensive and a truck down is a lot of money loss on their end. lol

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I would not bother with the splitter, as the damage is only on the underside and not noticeable. It'll probably just scrape on other stuff over time anyway.

I would also just pay for the new wheel and chalk the whole thing up as a learning experience.

If I were to talk to the church about it, I would probably first apologize for leaving the car there longer than originally discussed, but would also mention that the permit didn't have an expiration and that you thought it was OK to have some wiggle room on the duration. I would probably try and determine why they towed the car without asking you to move it first.

I suspect that someone at the church saw the car there and didn't realize you already had permission, and thought they were doing the right thing by getting it towed. I'm guessing that the people you had made the arrangement with were not involved in the towing at all.

-T
Sponsored