ARP flywheel bolts are shorter than the factory flywheel bolts. by 3/8”

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I went to install my new Ram Pro Street Clutch today using ARP bolts for the Coyote engine and discovered that there’s only 1/4” of useable thread protruding from the back of the flywheel. The factory flywheel bolts are 1 3/8” long and the ARP bolts are only 1” long. What’s everyone doing here to work around this?
Sponsored

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
From LMR:

"Ford Flywheel Bolt Kit
With the release of the 2018-2022 Mustang came a new dual-disc clutch and new flywheel that was more robust than the previous 5.0L cars. These new dual-disc flywheels require additional length from the flywheel bolts that made the previous single-disc clutch flywheel bolts to short for correct installation. Correctly install your new 2018-2022 Mustang clutch with OEM hardware and know that you have Ford quality parts that are designed to last!"

You probably got the ARP kit for Gen 1 & 2 cars which seem to use a shorter bolt. m10 x 1 inch is the correct bolt for 2017 and previous

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
From LMR:

"Ford Flywheel Bolt Kit
With the release of the 2018-2022 Mustang came a new dual-disc clutch and new flywheel that was more robust than the previous 5.0L cars. These new dual-disc flywheels require additional length from the flywheel bolts that made the previous single-disc clutch flywheel bolts to short for correct installation. Correctly install your new 2018-2022 Mustang clutch with OEM hardware and know that you have Ford quality parts that are designed to last!"

You probably got the ARP kit for Gen 1 & 2 cars which seem to use a shorter bolt. m10 x 1 inch is the correct bolt for 2017 and previous
You are correct, that’s exactly what I have. I’m glad I caught this and didn’t use them, as it would have been a disastrous mistake.
Sponsored