Sponsored

Armageddon Power Cutouts- No More Burnt up Electric Motors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT
Anyone who has had electric cutouts will tell you one big issue is the motor burning up. Many competitors use what amounts to a tennis ball machine motor to open and close the cutout valve. When you mount this motor on a hot exhaust that is exposed to the elements, it's not a matter of if, but when it will fail.

When designing our Power Cutouts, the engineering staff at Armageddon decided to use our proven, durable turbo wastegate technology to actuate the cutout valves. This eliminates the electric motor by running off of vacuum from the brake system.

Power Cutouts (Formerly Turbovalves) by Armageddon Feature:

• Turbocharger Wastegate Actuator: Withstands the severe environment around the exhaust for the ultimate in reliable operation
  • Rocker switch that mounts in car for on demand sound.
  • Fits on common 3-Bolt 3” Exhaust Dump Flanges; if you have a competitors old cutouts in most cases these are a bolt on upgrade.
  • 2 year warranty mechanical operation. Body is stainless steel and has a lifetime warranty against cracking.
  • Industry Exclusive: Jet Hot Ceramic Coating: Hardened 1300° F coating for long mechanism life in the harshest of conditions
  • Install and go on any vehicle with a vacuum assisted braking system. Eliminates wiring issues of competing cutouts
Want to buy some?

We are running a Holiday special where you can use code PJ1K0M1YXQ to save 20% off our website price!

https://goturbo.net/power-cutouts/

IMG_2635__42534.1572978344.jpg

Sponsored

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is by far the right way to do this, but if I may offer some suggestions. I would weld on the 3-hole flange on both sides. That way someone can bolt on turndowns, or, plumb in additional exhaust after the cutout. Similar to an active exhaust. Likewise, some people might want to have the valves closed or mostly closed on startup. Using engine vacuum won't work until it is started. You may want to stock a small 12v vacuum pump that can supply the vacuum up until there is enough in the engine manifold.

I was going to go this route myself, even bought the Hella UP30 pump to do it, but decided to forgo the cutouts and just run it loud all the time.

Props for doing this. Almost everyone that has had, or knows someone with a e-cutout will attest to what you're saying. QTP is better than ebay specials, but still has problems.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Is there room in a stock exhaust to add these before the catalytic converters? If so would this cause a cell?

Sponsored

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there room in a stock exhaust to add these before the catalytic converters? If so would this cause a cell?
I don't think so unless you were willing to move the cats back. The cats are real close to the manifold.

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
i would like to use one on my ecoboost... where would one tap into the vac line on our brake system?

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They might have ones that activate on boost, I've seen ones that work that way. Then again, it would only open on boost. If you want to be able to run it in loud mode all the time, I think you will want to tap into the brake booster line, because it should always be in vacuum.

OP
OP
Armageddon Turbo

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT
We do not have ones that activate on Boost yet. We are working on a video to show how the brake system is tapped into..its easy and safe to do. If you need help before then, feel free to call our tech support at 505-672-8112
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.