Sponsored

ARH Long Tube CATTED to Off Road Converstion

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I installed the ARH Long system with CATS on my 15 GT PP. I've been running them for about a year and a half now and have been loving it. I've been considering trying out the cammed tune from Lund and was told if I have cats that could mess things up. So I have a few hurtles, one being finding just the pipes for the kit to replace the cats with the non-cat version. Anyone know how to order these? internet searches haven't turned up much.

Also Lund told me I need the Ngauge to do the new tune. I was one of the few guys that got the tuner from them before the Ngauge was ready and now it is not supported, feel like I got screwed on that one. Any suggestions??
Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I installed the ARH Long system with CATS on my 15 GT PP. I've been running them for about a year and a half now and have been loving it. I've been considering trying out the cammed tune from Lund and was told if I have cats that could mess things up. So I have a few hurtles, one being finding just the pipes for the kit to replace the cats with the non-cat version. Anyone know how to order these? internet searches haven't turned up much.

Also Lund told me I need the Ngauge to do the new tune. I was one of the few guys that got the tuner from them before the Ngauge was ready and now it is not supported, feel like I got screwed on that one. Any suggestions??
Seems like a lot of money to spend just to get a ghost cam idle sound.

OP
OP
Jeepwx03

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
Seems like a lot of money to spend just to get a ghost cam idle sound.
Yes I agree, that's why I'm a little pissed about the tuner issue I have. Usually you get free updated tunes as you add more accessories to the cars, I do not since Lund sold me there tuner they were using before the nGauge. Really sucks. If they were still supporting the tuner I had I would just need the pipes, which I think would be fairly inexpensive. Is there any significant HP/TQ gains with removing CATS?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yes I agree, that's why I'm a little pissed about the tuner issue I have. Usually you get free updated tunes as you add more accessories to the cars, I do not since Lund sold me there tuner they were using before the nGauge. Really sucks. If they were still supporting the tuner I had I would just need the pipes, which I think would be fairly inexpensive. Is there any significant HP/TQ gains with removing CATS?
You won't feel the gains from removing them. From what I've seen it it's about 5-6whp difference.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

Give us a shout at 561-753-8105 and we would be glad to help out. We can get you the off-road legs to add to the system for a pretty inexpensive price.

:headbang:

Thanks,
Chris

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
You'd think Lund would help you out in some way with the whole tuner/tune situation. I get the paying for updated ghost cam tune and stuff. Thats normal. But having old obsolete crap that they don't support is kind of frustrating.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I have the off-road ARH leads. I recently bought used ARH headers with the x-pipe, but am waiting on a ngauge sale before I install anything. PM me if you might be interested in doing some sort of trade. I would prefer having the cats for reducing the smell.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You can order the pipes directly from ARH. I originally was off road, but went catted. I think I paid 300 for the catted pipes, so I assume you'd be in it much less.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
You can order the pipes directly from ARH. I originally was off road, but went catted. I think I paid 300 for the catted pipes, so I assume you'd be in it much less.
Thanks. That's good to know in case it smells as bad as I anticipate.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
It's bad catless on 93. E-85 smells much better now.
Totally agree with this statement. Cat-less, 93 smells like you are downwind of a lawnmower. E85 smells like a high dollar Yankee candle burning.
Sponsored