Sponsored

Are you on the fence and if so why?

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I'm on the fence too. It's killing me waiting for the final product and numbers. I will admit when I saw the mustang (two of them) at the Las Vegas 50th I was unsure. I loved everything but the rear quarter panels. They just seemed BIG to me. Almost out of place. Of course the one that looked the worst was a silver one with black wheels - fugly at best. The 50th Anniversary in dark blue seemed to hide it better but of course was on a pedestal so the angle was totally different. The interior of that one was drop dead gorgeous in that tannish leather. But I can't afford that.

Here's what has me on the fence:

1) The base radio looks like cr@p period and the screen is tiny - especially compared to the Honda Accords I'm looking at
2) Rear wheel drive - I know how to drive in snow but rear wheel vs front wheel is 100 different. Front wheel is easy.
3) No dual climate control in the lower priced model - standard in the Honda (and others)
4) Interior color - black only...not my choice of colors as it gets hot here and it's just so bland. Lacks pizazz
5) Gas mileage - an unknown figure still but it's probably not going to be that much better than 2014 (for the base V6 at least)
6) The Mustang is such a cool car - way more than a Honda, etc - this one is killing me!

It's such a hard decision but at least one I don't have to make now, or even in a few months, I will buying in about a year so I have time to think, test drive, and read all of the interesting stories here first.
looks like you really like hondas. maybe you should just get a honda :shrug:
Sponsored

Feeshta

Threads
Reaction score
I'm on the fence too. It's killing me waiting for the final product and numbers. I will admit when I saw the mustang (two of them) at the Las Vegas 50th I was unsure. I loved everything but the rear quarter panels. They just seemed BIG to me. Almost out of place. Of course the one that looked the worst was a silver one with black wheels - fugly at best. The 50th Anniversary in dark blue seemed to hide it better but of course was on a pedestal so the angle was totally different. The interior of that one was drop dead gorgeous in that tannish leather. But I can't afford that.

1) The base radio looks like cr@p period and the screen is tiny - especially compared to the Honda Accords I'm looking at
2) Rear wheel drive - I know how to drive in snow but rear wheel vs front wheel is 100 different. Front wheel is easy.
3) No dual climate control in the lower priced model - standard in the Honda (and others)
4) Interior color - black only...not my choice of colors as it gets hot here and it's just so bland. Lacks pizazz
5) Gas mileage - an unknown figure still but it's probably not going to be that much better than 2014 (for the base V6 at least)
6) The Mustang is such a cool car - way more than a Honda, etc - this one is killing me!

It's such a hard decision but at least one I don't have to make now, or even in a few months, I will buying in about a year so I have time to think, test drive, and read all of the interesting stories here first.
This is never going to be a car that wins that battle on practicality. It's simply not intended for that. Hopefully it will be a car that can give you a big grin on a daily basis and yet still be liveable, because that is what it is intended to be. Like Fionic said, if you are really looking for practicality, this probably is not the car for you.

About snow driving, with a car like this, it is simply about getting the right tires on it and learning from there. It will go anywhere an Accord will go, you just need to have the confidence to get it there.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
You are 100% right. Im not in it for a muscle car and I dont want a straight line RAW power car. Im very interested in the Mustang because this revision is supposed to be matured into a sports car and not necessarily a muscle car. I've owned plenty of muscle cars in the past and to be honest, Im done with them...

The alternatives are a BMW 235i m sport, an M2, an EVO and a ISF. That should give you an idea of the car I think Mustang has the ability to be. I truly believe the new Mustang is going to be a world class sports car and not just a straight line car.
I drove the EVO, its a totally different type of car with a huge list of cons - the only pro compared to the 2013 GT with track pack being 4 doors (for some) and AWD (a pro or con depending on what you prefer and how you use the car - the AWD non-brake based 'pure' torque vectoring is cool). EVO has insane insurance rates, sounds like crap, weights a decent amount (3500ish or more I believe - no lightweight by any means) and looks boy racerish IMHO, the interior is horrid and cheap, the trunk space is taken up by the AWD computer, I can go on...Those cars used to compete (STI, Mustang GT) with the E46M3 back in the day, all around 300HP and similar lap times - The Stang was the least competitive (stock of course and not counting Cobras etc). The E92 M3 and S197 5.0 (with its compromises) moved to a different class and has left those (STI/Evo) far behind. If you want an agile 4 door car though I would look at the new STI - just drove it recently, they extended the wheelbase and there is a lot more back seat room than previously, it was extremely rough riding but handled very well. Not my cup of tea but an excellent rally/sports car with a lot of the compromises of the older versions purged.

ISF has a terrible 8 speed that cant decide what gear to use, looks dorky (IMHO) esp with the fake outlets in the back, doesnt really drive all that well (Compared to an E92M3 or Boss 302). It does have 4 doors so thats there - its also no lightweight at 3600-3800 pounds and 54/46 distribution. It also has poor lap times on Car And Drivers lightening lap - for its power.

M235 I havent driven - reviews are good. http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/27/bmw-m235i-outpoints-corvette-911-consumer-reports-testing/
I dont like the look (tall, snub nosed and oddly proportioned), the interior looks underwhelming for the price (I think the S550 interior is much more tech and has real metal pieces etc), small trunk, it is also not a light weight at 3550 pounds (which is a lot given its size!!) and doesnt have the 50-50 distribution BMW was known for (this is 53-47 ish or so). Backseat room (seems important to you) is really not great either. I also feel the 6 cylinder BMW Turbo, while strong is simply not as exciting or linear as the 5.0, which IMHO is better than BMW's 4.0 V8 (and the new S550 5.0 will be even better). M235 laps similar times time as the E46M3, the Boss has outperformed the E92 M3, so I think the S550 is a different class...

M2 is anyones guess. I can imagine it will be great but given the M235 is so good, I personally wouldnt shell out the 15-20K extra over that car for the incremental performance - it still shares that interior, looks and mediocre engine note (compared to the 5.0).
Sorry, didnt mean to criticize your choice - I've never owned a Stang (only Euro cars) but wanted to point out that none of those are particularly lightweight, nicely appointed or fast by todays standards (not counting the unknown M2)

From then on, I was off the fence. The more I read about the new Mustang, the more it just 'felt right'.
Based on what I read, I feel the same way.

I don't think the performance gap will be as dramatic as one might think. The caddy is not just "a bit" heavier, it's MUCH heavier than the Mustang... like around 500+lbs heavier. The Caddy E/Ts in the low 12s at around 116-118mph. I don't think the GT will be that fast stock (on street tires), but a couple choice mods will get it there without too much effort I think. Of course, some mods to the Caddy will also make it significantly faster as well.
I drove the CTS-V and its faster brother, ZL1. The ZL1 is not much faster than the Boss - I expect the new GT PP to be just as fast. Both can be modded easily so I'm talking stock. The ZL1's handing relies on more electronic wizardry than traditional attributes (ex: performance traction management, magnetic dampers etc). This makes it feel a bit video gaming. It is devastatingly fast and I will admit those magnetic shocks mean it can soak up bumps like no other - an area the Boss and S197's have struggled with. I'm going with the S550 as those cars feel too heavy and are huge (the ZL1 also has a terrible interior and sightlines, the CTS-V has a nice interior). I would be happy driving the new CTS-V Sport, Caddy got it right with that car but I want the lighter more nimbler Stang and the 5.0 motor.

The all-new-platform car was indeed beautiful and super efficient with its turbo six and ZF 8-speed auto, but after driving it in canyons, etc., it became obvious that the car had been seriously dumbed down. The steering (now electric) has little feel, the brakes have much less bite, the suspension is undersprung (body roll and wallow), the seat bolsters softened, the brakes wooden, increased wind noise, noisy and flinty suspension, etc. BMW clearly is now appealing to the masses and not enthusiasts. The initial reviews, amazingly were all positive, but over time many journalists have since pointed out the new cars' serious flaws. We are talking about a $55K car whose direct ancestors had a sterling reputation. Some of the changes at first seemed subtle and acceptable as I was taken with its newness, good looks, and incredible efficiency. But it was eventually a disappointment that has grown worse over time. :headbonk:
You got me thinking about the wisdom of ordering before driving like I'm doing for the first time in my life - there is def risk. Just wanted to say that BMW has been moving towards softer luxmobiles (performance SUV's, wallowy 5 series etc) before the new 3 was launched - Ford OTOH (and GM) seem to be moving in the opposite direction with each model being significantly more agile, better finished and nuanced than the earlier (Ex: Boss) - so there is that reassurance assuming the trend continues...lol!!!

Are any of you on the fence with this car and if you are what are the reasons that would push you over the edge and not buy?

#4)I would really like to have a sunroof/glassroof option in 2016. Not sure if its a deal breaker for me yet. I dont like to be claustrophobic in a car and would be willing to accept weight gain for this option.

Other than the heated Recaros (doesnt influence my decision), the glass roof as I mentioned in another thread is the hardest omission for me. I want to keep this car for a long time and sometimes wonder if I'm better off waiting in case Ford offers it in 2016. OTOH, if they dont I've just wasted a bunch of time I could spent enjoying this all new car!!

The sunroof is a no go according to Ford. I have seen their product managers state several times in interviews that it will not be offered on the 2015 Mustang. Lighter interior color would help "open up" the feeling of the car though.

The marketing guy in a video linked earlier did say that they were not going to offer the glass roof 'for now', leaving the door open for folks like me to get more confused. :headbonk:

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible

Seriously, on the fence choosing between a Honda Accord and a Mustang? Its like comparing a Pork Chop with a Porterhouse Steak! Other then they drive on 4 wheels, what do they have in common? I do agree with # 4. Having no color choice and making Ebony Black the only interior color for Cloth Interior simply sucks, period! Almost a deal breaker for me, almost......

Sponsored

OP
OP

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I drove the EVO, its a totally different type of car with a huge list of cons - the only pro compared to the 2013 GT with track pack being 4 doors (for some) and AWD (a pro or con depending on what you prefer and how you use the car - the AWD non-brake based 'pure' torque vectoring is cool). EVO has insane insurance rates, sounds like crap, weights a decent amount (3500ish or more I believe - no lightweight by any means) and looks boy racerish IMHO, the interior is horrid and cheap, the trunk space is taken up by the AWD computer, I can go on...Those cars used to compete (STI, Mustang GT) with the E46M3 back in the day, all around 300HP and similar lap times - The Stang was the least competitive (stock of course and not counting Cobras etc). The E92 M3 and S197 5.0 (with its compromises) moved to a different class and has left those (STI/Evo) far behind. If you want an agile 4 door car though I would look at the new STI - just drove it recently, they extended the wheelbase and there is a lot more back seat room than previously, it was extremely rough riding but handled very well. Not my cup of tea but an excellent rally/sports car with a lot of the compromises of the older versions purged.

ISF has a terrible 8 speed that cant decide what gear to use, looks dorky (IMHO) esp with the fake outlets in the back, doesnt really drive all that well (Compared to an E92M3 or Boss 302). It does have 4 doors so thats there - its also no lightweight at 3600-3800 pounds and 54/46 distribution. It also has poor lap times on Car And Drivers lightening lap - for its power.

M235 I havent driven - reviews are good. http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/27/bmw-m235i-outpoints-corvette-911-consumer-reports-testing/
I dont like the look (tall, snub nosed and oddly proportioned), the interior looks underwhelming for the price (I think the S550 interior is much more tech and has real metal pieces etc), small trunk, it is also not a light weight at 3550 pounds (which is a lot given its size!!) and doesnt have the 50-50 distribution BMW was known for (this is 53-47 ish or so). Backseat room (seems important to you) is really not great either. I also feel the 6 cylinder BMW Turbo, while strong is simply not as exciting or linear as the 5.0, which IMHO is better than BMW's 4.0 V8 (and the new S550 5.0 will be even better). M235 laps similar times time as the E46M3, the Boss has outperformed the E92 M3, so I think the S550 is a different class...

M2 is anyones guess. I can imagine it will be great but given the M235 is so good, I personally wouldnt shell out the 15-20K extra over that car for the incremental performance - it still shares that interior, looks and mediocre engine note (compared to the 5.0).
Sorry, didnt mean to criticize your choice - I've never owned a Stang (only Euro cars) but wanted to point out that none of those are particularly lightweight, nicely appointed or fast by todays standards (not counting the unknown M2)

Based on what I read, I feel the same way.

I drove the CTS-V and its faster brother, ZL1. The ZL1 is not much faster than the Boss - I expect the new GT PP to be just as fast. Both can be modded easily so I'm talking stock. The ZL1's handing relies on more electronic wizardry than traditional attributes (ex: performance traction management, magnetic dampers etc). This makes it feel a bit video gaming. It is devastatingly fast and I will admit those magnetic shocks mean it can soak up bumps like no other - an area the Boss and S197's have struggled with. I'm going with the S550 as those cars feel too heavy and are huge (the ZL1 also has a terrible interior and sightlines, the CTS-V has a nice interior). I would be happy driving the new CTS-V Sport, Caddy got it right with that car but I want the lighter more nimbler Stang and the 5.0 motor.

You got me thinking about the wisdom of ordering before driving like I'm doing for the first time in my life - there is def risk. Just wanted to say that BMW has been moving towards softer luxmobiles (performance SUV's, wallowy 5 series etc) before the new 3 was launched - Ford OTOH (and GM) seem to be moving in the opposite direction with each model being significantly more agile, better finished and nuanced than the earlier (Ex: Boss) - so there is that reassurance assuming the trend continues...lol!!!

Other than the heated Recaros (doesnt influence my decision), the glass roof as I mentioned in another thread is the hardest omission for me. I want to keep this car for a long time and sometimes wonder if I'm better off waiting in case Ford offers it in 2016. OTOH, if they dont I've just wasted a bunch of time I could spent enjoying this all new car!!

The marketing guy in a video linked earlier did say that they were not going to offer the glass roof 'for now', leaving the door open for folks like me to get more confused. :headbonk:

In agree pretty much with every point you made and I do want the mustang more than any of the cars mentioned. The only disagreement I will make is with the EVO. Its cheap, boy racer and expensive for what you get. That car is AMAZING, however. Every time I get out of one I have a huge grin on my face. Everything about the car performance wise is amazing. It's a pure hoon mobile that loves to be modded.

The 2015 STI is garbage...yes I said it. Ancient troublesome engine and it only shines on a track. My friend has one and it's completely uninspiring as a DD. He is always rowing through the gears looking for power. He already regrets his decision and no way I would own one. With a new engine with higher torque and lower boost application it would be a serious car...in its current form, no thanks.

The 235 is basically an last gen M3 with two doors. Its ridiculous but it's not even close to being worth 52k optioned out. With a tune it will give the Stang an handful of trouble. I hate the look and the price tag. No way this car is 10 to 15k more than a Stang. The interior is laughable for the price range. If you can't put a smile on your face in the 235 you may check to see if you are on life support cause you are almost dead, however.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Lots of good replies here, I read them all and have to agree on many of them.

I'm on the fence because of the following:

1) Waiting for the 2017 - 2018 model, possibly even the 2019 - 2020 model if I don't like what I see or if I hear of other vehicles that might pique my interest in that timeframe. This allows for improvements, bug fixes, reviews, and time for the new Camaro to be released so that Ford has greater incentive to make the Mustang even better. I have every logical and financial reason to keep hanging onto my current car (2010 MS3), and no pressing reason whatever to switch to a Mustang. In fact it would be a downgrade in certain aspects if I did switch (practicality, snow driving, interior room). Ford will have to earn MY dollars on this one, and I'm not trying to be antagonistic. I just like knowing that my money was well spent and that I should experience the least amount of buyer's remorse after I get the car.

2) Reason #1 is pretty solid as it is, but the decision to buy a $40k car is not taken lightly by most of us...so there will be other reasons, such as this one. I don't know ANYTHING about the car's performance. I'm not talking about straight line power or numbers that I can pore over late at night while racing from my armchair. I'm MUCH more interested in the actual feel of the car when it is driven, especially around corners. Will it feel like a sports car comparable to (or a reasonable facsimile of) the benchmarked 911 or M3, or will it feel like the last gen Mustang? I don't want a couch on wheels with a ton of power. I'm not expecting the Mustang GT to exactly replicate 911 / M3 driving feel and performance and I'm fine if it's off by a few tenths of a second or a few mph or Gs. The numbers do matter, but not as much as the real life experience of driving the car. Will it feel like a sports car worthy of Mordor, or will it feel like the stereotypical fat, wallowing pig of a muscle car?

*disclaimer: I'm interested in powerful and very well-handling sports cars. I don't know much about Mustangs except that the previous generation (~2014) "has a bubbly suspension" and the whole front of the car dives under braking, among other things that I imagine when I think of pony cars. Ford has shown that they want the new Mustang to change all of that, and I'm willing to give them a chance.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I'm only on the fence in deciding between a 15 or waiting to see what's available for the 2016 model year. I know I will be ordering a GT premium convertible. The question is what all will come on it? Since I won't see it until spring the question is do I jump or wait a month or two and see what options they offer in 2016? I'm talking options like colors, interior choices, special editions (GT/CS, Bullit, etc.) and packages like a PP type package for the ragtop.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
In agree pretty much with every point you made and I do want the mustang more than any of the cars mentioned. The only disagreement I will make is with the EVO. Its cheap, boy racer and expensive for what you get. That car is AMAZING, however. Every time I get out of one I have a huge grin on my face. Everything about the car performance wise is amazing. It's a pure hoon mobile that loves to be modded.
I would never spend my money on an Evo. It may have 4 doors and room for 4 passengers but it just feels like a piece of shit as far as the interior is concerned. I'm not sure I want to be reminded of that every time I start up a $50k car (here in Canada). It also gets horrid fuel economy, the dealership network is almost non existent, and it is still a Lancer despite a high price tag. No thanks.

The 2015 STI is garbage...yes I said it. Ancient troublesome engine and it only shines on a track. My friend has one and it's completely uninspiring as a DD. He is always rowing through the gears looking for power. He already regrets his decision and no way I would own one. With a new engine with higher torque and lower boost application it would be a serious car...in its current form, no thanks.
Why should you feel defensive about calling out the STI? It has a 10 year old EJ257 under the hood that busts ringlands and spins bearings, stock or otherwise. Someone's 2015 STI (one month old) is already spewing blue smoke on startup (check out NASIOC in the general thread). I'm sorry for your friend's loss, but I cannot imagine why anybody would buy one if they had done even the tiniest bit of research. The EJ257 alone would be enough to turn me away, but it also only comes in a sedan body (no hatch), and the WRX has the much better engine (which I've hear can be easily tuned to beat the STI's power output with greater reliability, better fuel efficiency, and less turbo lag). When confronted with the question why they had stuck with the EJ257 in the STI, Subaru said that there was no need to replace the engine because they had met their targets. In other words: "We ran out of money, and we don't care about a super niche model in our lineup anyway."

Ugh. Just thinking of the 2015 STI and what it has become (or what it has NOT become) is making me feel disgusted.

As for the part about the BMW 235...I don't want to pay the BMW tax, and I'm skeptical of their reliability long term. The last thing I want is to keep paying money to keep the car out of the shop....

Wdlfbio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 335 xi, '07 2500 HD Duramax
I'm crossing this against the BMW 235i (sorry, after owning an M3, I cannot give this one the M moniker). I've had 4 Bimmers and driven the 235. Super fun, able to throw it around, etc. The sport seats and bolsters t great. But, if I can get a really fun piece of American Muscle that won't rattle or creak for $10k less, it might be worth it. I'm very interested in what the performance numbers will be and where the power is. With the BMW, 1,500-1,800 rpms - about 6,200 is pulling the entire time. I wanna know I can play te other 350+ days I'm not on the track (no drags for me). So, I'll have to test drive before I commit.

To make it more difficult, I can do a 235 European Delivery for under $45k (pretty well loaded). Which is an awesome trip (hit The Ring this time) and lessens the price gap quite a bit.

Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Lots of good replies here, I read them all and have to agree on many of them.

I'm on the fence because of the following:

1) Waiting for the 2017 - 2018 model, possibly even the 2019 - 2020 model if I don't like what I see or if I hear of other vehicles that might pique my interest in that timeframe. This allows for improvements, bug fixes, reviews, and time for the new Camaro to be released so that Ford has greater incentive to make the Mustang even better. I have every logical and financial reason to keep hanging onto my current car (2010 MS3), and no pressing reason whatever to switch to a Mustang. In fact it would be a downgrade in certain aspects if I did switch (practicality, snow driving, interior room). Ford will have to earn MY dollars on this one, and I'm not trying to be antagonistic. I just like knowing that my money was well spent and that I should experience the least amount of buyer's remorse after I get the car.

2) Reason #1 is pretty solid as it is, but the decision to buy a $40k car is not taken lightly by most of us...so there will be other reasons, such as this one. I don't know ANYTHING about the car's performance. I'm not talking about straight line power or numbers that I can pore over late at night while racing from my armchair. I'm MUCH more interested in the actual feel of the car when it is driven, especially around corners. Will it feel like a sports car comparable to (or a reasonable facsimile of) the benchmarked 911 or M3, or will it feel like the last gen Mustang? I don't want a couch on wheels with a ton of power. I'm not expecting the Mustang GT to exactly replicate 911 / M3 driving feel and performance and I'm fine if it's off by a few tenths of a second or a few mph or Gs. The numbers do matter, but not as much as the real life experience of driving the car. Will it feel like a sports car worthy of Mordor, or will it feel like the stereotypical fat, wallowing pig of a muscle car?

*disclaimer: I'm interested in powerful and very well-handling sports cars. I don't know much about Mustangs except that the previous generation (~2014) "has a bubbly suspension" and the whole front of the car dives under braking, among other things that I imagine when I think of pony cars. Ford has shown that they want the new Mustang to change all of that, and I'm willing to give them a chance.
Solid rationale, man. I can't wait for them to hit showroom floors so that you have the opportunity to drive one. Ford has been making big leaps and bounds with the Mustang for the last 5 - 6 years and I predict that you'll be more impressed than you might think after having been able to try one out. I seriously hope that a a few little things are better than before.

1. Brake dive (mentioned to be much better).
2. Flatness during cornering (also mentioned to be much better).
3. Ability to put the power to the ground, especially given a brand new IRS system.
4. Brake pedal feel. As many reviews mention, and I agree with, they just don't inspire much confidence because of the pedal feel. I'm hoping the 2015 has resolved this to some degree, especially in GT + PP trim.

Turn-in has been excellent, so I hope we don't lose any of that in the process. One of the reasons I went with the PP this time (other than just wanting it since I've never had it before), is the hope that it'll hold up very well for the next couple of years while they continue to improve on the new IRS system, chassis tuning, etc.

jm78

Threads
Reaction score
My main issues on whether I purchase a 2015 mustang is price and quality concern.

I do not want to get price gouged on a new model because of the initial high demand. I will wait it out some and also see if any major quality problems surface. May decide to buy a 2015 next year or wait for the 2016 mustang.

I'm not that nit picky on looks and interior features. There is no doubt that the 2015 mustang will blow away my 2004 focus zx3 base model on that. As long as the performance value is there, I will be happy.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
My main issues on whether I purchase a 2015 mustang is price and quality concern.

I do not want to get price gouged on a new model because of the initial high demand. I will wait it out some and also see if any major quality problems surface. May decide to buy a 2015 next year or wait for the 2016 mustang.

I'm not that nit picky on looks and interior features. There is no doubt that the 2015 mustang will blow away my 2004 focus zx3 base model on that. As long as the performance value is there, I will be happy.
You shouldn't need to worry about price gouging unless you are looking at one of the 50th Anniversary Limited Editions. You can get X-plan pricing on one with little to no trouble, by just joining the Mustang Club of America for $50.

Feeshta

Threads
Reaction score
I'm crossing this against the BMW 235i (sorry, after owning an M3, I cannot give this one the M moniker). I've had 4 Bimmers and driven the 235. Super fun, able to throw it around, etc. The sport seats and bolsters t great. But, if I can get a really fun piece of American Muscle that won't rattle or creak for $10k less, it might be worth it. I'm very interested in what the performance numbers will be and where the power is. With the BMW, 1,500-1,800 rpms - about 6,200 is pulling the entire time. I wanna know I can play te other 350+ days I'm not on the track (no drags for me). So, I'll have to test drive before I commit.

To make it more difficult, I can do a 235 European Delivery for under $45k (pretty well loaded). Which is an awesome trip (hit The Ring this time) and lessens the price gap quite a bit.
If you do happen to do Euro Delivery, I would recommend asking that they just skip to the part where they give you your car and explain the features, then let you drive away. The rest of the experience sucked to be frank. It's a good deal that way, and I had a blast in Czech Republic where we went on the trip, but they actual delivery experience was a major let-down, and the the drop-off at the shipping location was comically second rate.

nak302

Threads
Reaction score
here in Australia i'm hoping for a high performance model to replace our much respected FPV GT's and GTP's.
if there will be no replacement for these vehicles then i'll probably move on as i don't think the ordinary models will be that special compared to what we've had here for the last 11 years or so.
having said that i still love the Mustang's styling, which is obviously, a lot more modern than our deceased Falcon, so to buy a second hand local high performance vehicle is really a step backwards.
Sponsored