Sponsored

Are you gonna trade your current mustang in when the s650 comes out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So I'm at almost 5 years of ownership with the Mustang and it's such a good design both inside and out that they will be hard pressed to top it when they re-design it. I would hope that they would to a modest exterior update followed by updating the interior and the frame and such.

I personally probably will not. I'll probably keep mine a few more years and then I'll get a different car for a while. That's only bc I'm an auto enthusiast and would want to try different things. The Acura TLX Type S has me very tempted.
Yeah I am sorta that way and why I made this thread. I mean they are gonna have to really try to change it to make it better then this. IM afraid they will go backwards as they have before. And I to have been looking that TLX up and down :)
Sponsored

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Considering it's probably the last ICE version of the Mustang, definitely on the shopping list.

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Prediction: S650 won't be all that different from the S550 with the exception of hybrid powertrains, and a 2.7 twin turbo V6. Book it daddy-o.
I think they will replace the 2.3T with the 2.7TT for the mustang. I hope they FINALLY rename the EB the Mustang ST, at least.
I dont understand why the Explorer and Edge DO get to have a ST trim but not the mustang.
Hopefully by then?

If they DO replace the 2.3T with the 2.7TT for the EB, itd be at 325hp and 380 tq (with premium fuel). Plus, It'd sound a bit better stock:clap: so I REALLY hope they do that. And without adding anymore weight!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think they will replace the 2.3T with the 2.7TT for the mustang. I hope they FINALLY rename the EB the Mustang ST, at least.
I dont understand why the Explorer and Edge DO get to have a ST trim but not the mustang.
Hopefully by then?

If they DO replace the 2.3T with the 2.7TT for the EB, itd be at 325hp and 380 tq (with premium fuel). Plus, I'd sound a bit better stock:clap: so I REALLY wish they do that. Hopefully without adding anymore weight!
I hope they do that as well, but I think if they do, they're gonna have to upgrade the 5.0 somewhat, or perhaps drop in a naturally aspirated version of the 5.2 with a cross plane crank. If they put the Voodoo in the regular GT going forwards then that would be the one situation where I'd have to upgrade, lol.

Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I hope they do that as well, but I think if they do, they're gonna have to upgrade the 5.0 somewhat, or perhaps drop in a naturally aspirated version of the 5.2 with a cross plane crank. If they put the Voodoo in the regular GT going forwards then that would be the one situation where I'd have to upgrade, lol.
Yeah, I thought of that too. Agreed, the EB at 380 lb/ft would be too close to the GT, at least in the low end. So it would be the perfect time to give the GT some power upgrade as well.

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Everyone thinks they'll be using larger displacement engines when the CAFE numbers will probably be equal to Europe by 2025?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Nope. Keeping my paid off-no more loan 18’ GT no matter what they come out with.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I will never buy a newer car than my 16 of any brand. I do not like electronics in my vehicles and I doubt they will have a v8 in the 650 but if they do it will most likely be a hybrid of some kind which I don't care for. I plan to keep my car from now on first new car I've ever paid off in full.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I think it is unlikely I would buy another Mustang unless they were to reduce the size and increase low end torque.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
Not me. I'm loving it and I plan on driving it until the wheels come off.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
You can never predict love. I love my 19. The 650 will have to be special for me to look closely. I had a new Termi in 2003 and ended up skipping the S197 entirely.

The S197 GT500 just didn't do it for me.

I will definitely avoid the first model year of the 650.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Not unless I'm suddenly burdened with the problem of having more money than I know what to do with, or someone discovers the fountain of youth!

jpro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
If the S650 doesn't have the same uneven body panel gaps as the S550, its a non-starter for me. I gotta look at my car and think "what the hell were they doing during assembly and where was the quality control?" LOL
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.