Sponsored

Are Vroom offers to buy your car legitimate?

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
EDIT: I just realized I inadvertently posted this in the GT500 forum vs the GT350 forum. Please move the thread, if possible.

I went through the Vroom online process to sell them my 2018 GT350 and they made me an excellent offer. Since I live in the Houston area, I figured it would be easier to drop my car off at their location in Stafford, TX rather than use their car pickup service. This is where things got strange.

Several people I spoke to said it was possible to drop the car off, but so far, I have not been able to talk to a single person who knows how to do it. I have called 4 different times and I keep getting forwarded to people who have no idea how to do it. I might just have to let them pick it up, but I am not sure if it is going to be worth the hassle based on my experience with them so far.

My question to others that have used Vroom to sell their car:
Do they honor the price from their website once they get a hold of your car?
If you did not have them honor it, what are the options for getting the car back?
How long does it take to get your money once they pickup the car?

My car has 3100 miles and is in perfect condition as I stated on their website, so there is no chance there will be a discrepancy with the "condition" unless they damage the car themselves when picking it up.
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I would leave this thread here and also post it on the GT350 side. There are a couple of GT500 owners here that have used Vroom and they may be able to answer your questions.

mike2c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I would leave this thread here and also post it on the GT350 side. There are a couple of GT500 owners here that have used Vroom and they may be able to answer your questions.
I have no experience with vroom but I have used give me the vin and it was very easy transaction. You might want to give them a call.

OP
OP
TxGT350-52

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no experience with vroom but I have used give me the vin and it was very easy transaction. You might want to give them a call.
Thanks, Mike. I checked using their website and their offer "range" was $4-6000 less than Vroom, so I declined it. So far, Vroom has the best offer of any of the online options.

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I sold my last mustang to vroom easy process. As long as you list the car to them honestly you will get what they offer. I took direct deposit option had my money in 2 days.
They do have hubs in Texas and affiliates that will do the transactions as well.
The easiest would probably just have them pick it up.

Sponsored

beltonr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Hyundai Palisade Ltd
When I bought my GT in September I declined the Ford dealership trade-in offer of $15k for my 2010 Nissan 370Z Roadster with 42k miles. Decided I could do better myself. Vroom offered $15.6k. Carvana offered $21.2k. I was suspicious but went with it. They showed up, checked out the car, handed me a check for $21.2k and towed the Z away. Easy as pie.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Not a mustang, but I sold a golf gti to vroom earlier this year. Reason I went with them over carvana is they offered considerably more and we’re willing to pick up. Like you I was a little worried of the legitimacy of the whole thing but it worked out great. Driver showed up, spent about 90 seconds walking around the car looking for anything that stood out. Put it on the truck and drove off. I couldn’t believe how simple it was and how much over other dealers they were willing to pay. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again. They aren’t going to notice small imperfections but as long as you are honest about the types of blemishes that an average person could point out they will not change the price on you after taking the car. That’s what they told me anyway over the phone and my experience matched up with that.

OP
OP
TxGT350-52

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NOTE: I posted this in the GT350 forum, but wanted to close out this thread as well.

I dropped my car off at their Woodlands location (Texas Direct Auto) last night and received my check for the full amount in less than an hour. They inspected my car visually, but did not test drive, open the hood or start the car. The only reason they looked in the trunk was because I opened it to show them the car cover and the Owners Supplemental. (The guy checking it in promised the new owner would get the supplemental)

I signed the paperwork, waited about 30 minutes for the check and was out the door. As others have said, it was a painless process and I made a very good profit on the sale after enjoying the car for almost three years.

On a side note, when they entered my VIN into their database, they had two offers. The first offer was from the original owner three years ago before I bought the car. His was only $48K and I am fortunate he turned them down. I bought the car a couple of weeks later with 1200 miles for $50K, and then sold it with 3150 miles for $63K. :sunglasses:

The $15K higher offer from the same dealer almost three years later shows how crazy the market is right now for good quality used cars.

2018Creamsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Premium Vert
NOTE: I posted this in the GT350 forum, but wanted to close out this thread as well.

I dropped my car off at their Woodlands location (Texas Direct Auto) last night and received my check for the full amount in less than an hour. They inspected my car visually, but did not test drive, open the hood or start the car. The only reason they looked in the trunk was because I opened it to show them the car cover and the Owners Supplemental. (The guy checking it in promised the new owner would get the supplemental)

I signed the paperwork, waited about 30 minutes for the check and was out the door. As others have said, it was a painless process and I made a very good profit on the sale after enjoying the car for almost three years.

On a side note, when they entered my VIN into their database, they had two offers. The first offer was from the original owner three years ago before I bought the car. His was only $48K and I am fortunate he turned them down. I bought the car a couple of weeks later with 1200 miles for $50K, and then sold it with 3150 miles for $63K. :sunglasses:

The $15K higher offer from the same dealer almost three years later shows how crazy the market is right now for good quality used cars.
Glad you had a good experience with them. I have sold multiple cars to Carvana and Carmax myself. I have submitted two Mustangs to Vroom, a 2012 GT and a 2018 GT vert, but the offers were extremely lowball. I got significantly more with Carmax. I sold my 2016 SHO and my 2006 F250 to Carvana since they were the highest. Never had an issue with the process, and never had either company try to renege on the offers in any way. I will say Carvana was the quickest and most painless. They show up in your driveway with a check, do a 5 minute inspection, hand you the check, and drive away. Carmax can be a bit slow in the office processing paperwork. The wife and I sat there for nearly 2 hours waiting for our check on the 2018 GT vert, but their offer was 4k more than Carvana. I’ll take 2k an hour any day.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Good info here, seems to me that no matter the price on one transaction that you should still shop around. I have seen people get low balled by one entity only to be given top dollar by that same entity on another transaction, and vice verse.

Sponsored

BULLITTGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
So here is my take on the crazy car market. At the beginning of October I traded in a 2020 Challenger scat pack to a local Ford dealer for a 2021 F150 XLT crew cab FX 4. My scat pack only had 1200 miles on it, but the offer was too good to pass up. They paid it off (owed like $5k and then gave me an additional $4K MORE than I bought it for. Then I negotiated a little more than 4K off the price of the F-150 ( in my area, supply is really low and they are selling at MSRP or above). My wife and I already have two brand new daily drivers bought last year, one of which is a pickup, so I decided to see what I could get for the F-150.

CarMax and Vroom offers were about even. Carvana was $3K lower, and givemethevin was $4K lower. I declined the offer from givemethevin and told them what I wanted for it and sent them a pic of my CarMax offer. Givemethevin came back with an offer above CarMax and was $4K MORE than I paid for the F-150. So I sold it to them.

The process was pretty easy to sell with them and they kept me in the loop the entire time. They overnighted me the check, the had me drop off the F-150 to facility they partner with to inspect it and ship it off. Once I dropped it off, the facility puts a bar code on the windshield, you take a pic and text it to givemethevin, and then they “activate” the check. I deposited in my bank and the funds were ready immediately. All in all, the were easy to work with and I ended up coming out $8K richer, lol.

OP
OP
TxGT350-52

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CarMax and Vroom offers were about even. Carvana was $3K lower, and givemethevin was $4K lower. I declined the offer from givemethevin and told them what I wanted for it and sent them a pic of my CarMax offer. Givemethevin came back with an offer above CarMax and was $4K MORE than I paid for the F-150. So I sold it to them.
Carmax could not match the Vroom offer, so I passed on them.

GivemetheVIN contacted me yesterday morning after I declined their "offer range" online. He saw I had written in my notes that I had a better offer from Vroom. He asked me to send him a screenshot of the Vroom offer so he could try to beat it. After waiting about an hour, he came back and said his "big boss" told him I should take the Vroom offer because it was more money than they were willing to pay for my car. :)

At that point, I knew I had found my best offer among the online car buyers, so I drove to their store and sold the car.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Not Vroom, but I sold my wife's QX60 through Carvana. Very easy and would do so again.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I just got 2 offers for 2 cars from Vroom. On the high side. I used those offers to push dealers to match them to trade in. I bought my 2020 gt500 that way. Ended up way better offer with the tax incentives by trading and not selling 65k in cars lol.

OP
OP
TxGT350-52

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got 2 offers for 2 cars from Vroom. On the high side. I used those offers to push dealers to match them to trade in. I bought my 2020 gt500 that way. Ended up way better offer with the tax incentives by trading and not selling 65k in cars lol.
I did the same thing with my wife’s SUV. The dealer matched the highest price when we bought her Explorer ST using X-Plan, a $1250 PCO and a $500 rebate. :sunglasses:
Sponsored