Sponsored

Are unreal service times the norm with Ford Dealers?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
My co worker is dealing with this right now. 2 weeks ago noticed one of the transmission seals leaking on his new f250. Dealer told him not to bring it in for at least a week cuz they were so backed up. He called around and all the local dealers said the same thing. Finally dropped his truck off this monday and still doesn't have it back. Dealer told him a day and half when he dropped it off but 5 days later... nothing. No loaner, no courtesy shuttle, hell ford dealer dont even wash your car when they are done. They offer to "hose it off" if it looks dirty. My wife gets free car washes at the acura dealer plus a loaner for every service even oil changes. Hyundai gave me shuttle rides back and forth when I had warranty work done plus they completed the work in a timely manner. Those are the only 3 dealers I've ever dealt with so I cant speak to others. Personally I didn't buy a mustang for great customer service and speedy repair. I bought it for the dick hardening fun factor! :rockon:

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thereā€™s a lot that goes into wait times and service times when it comes to dealerships. There are definitely some incompetent dealers out there, but there are also some extremely busy dealers out there for one reason or another. In your particular case OP, Iā€™d find another dealer or avoid dealing with that advisor/tech

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Seems to me this thread is about the usual good service bad service at any car mfr dealerships that has plagued car service for many decades. Not sure there is anything new here. Would be great to rarely hear about someone having an issue with dealing with service departments. As others have said, find another dealer and hope that they do a better job.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoostā„¢, Vert, MagneRideĀ® PP
Vehicle Showcase
At the dealer where I have bought some Mustangs and almost all their scheduled service, advisers have been very good about estimating and delivering on time.

Except for that once when she was off in a corner somewhere, playing with coworkers and letting me sit in a refrigerated waiting room for an hour after the car was ready. She got a week's time out after that, but I still avoid her, completely.

Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It seems to me the busier dealer have worst service than smaller dealers. This is not the rule but I think service slides as volume increases.

If you were a tech would you rather fix 5 seats a day for 10 hours or replace one engine.

IMO the bigger dealers push smaller jobs for larger jobs.

2 tips I use.
Carry the second key fob with you. Set the panic alarm off if you are forgotten about. Let them find the key and turn it off. Makes for a good laugh at their expense but they remember you. Never admit you did it.

Always get a loaner. Ford tracks loaner(reimbursement) use and they have to report how long the fix took because of that. Gives some priority.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Ha dealer oil changes. My wifes nissan. She gets oil changes included with some plan with dealer. After 4th oil change we asked for refund. 2 to 3 hours you would be sitting there. Its faster to just hit the quick change 29 bucks 10 mins done. Some things arent worth free.
And the dealer isn't necessarily any better at oil changes. I doubt they have a $30/hr tech changing oil - it's the minimum wage kid who hasn't even seen a box of give-a-sh!t, much less used any.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I understand the frustration. The lumbar support in my 2018 GT driver's seat stopped working and the parking brake also needed adjusted.

I scheduled an appointment with the service department at the dealer that I purchased it from, only to get the runaround about how they aren't covered by the 3/36 warranty.

I'll fix those issues myself.
Sponsored