Sponsored

Are they really caster AND camber plates?

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Comparing Maximum Motorsports to J&M... J&M mentions adjustments for both caster and camber, while the MM only seems to emphasize camber. Generally, people seem happy with the MM. Are they not adjusting caster, or is it just of less importance to most people? I'm just getting into alignments and plan to start doing my own with one of the string systems.
Sponsored

S550 Recon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
'22 CF150
MM plates are slotted in a manner that allows caster and camber adjustment simultaneously.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
ford makes factory camber plates for this chassis.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Looking at the website pictures it appears both the J&M, and the Maximum Motorsports units have only a slight amount of caster adjustment as they mention it the description. It is probably enough as the S550 has a decent amount of caster to begin with.

The Vorshlag pieces are a work of art and are priced that way. They have up to 1 degree of addition caster from stock. If I had the need I would buy them, with the J&M being my second choice.

Vorshlag
J&M
Maximum Motorsports

Sponsored

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Looking at the website pictures it appears both the J&M, and the Maximum Motorsports units have only a slight amount of caster adjustment as they mention it the description. It is probably enough as the S550 has a decent amount of caster to begin with.

The Vorshlag pieces are a work of art and are priced that way. They have up to 1 degree of addition caster from stock. If I had the need I would buy them, with the J&M being my second choice.

Vorshlag
J&M
Maximum Motorsports
The Vorshlag are impressive indeed. I would definitely spend the extra money for them.

OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost

Vorshlag
J&M
Maximum Motorsports
The Vorshlag are impressive indeed. I would definitely spend the extra money for them.
Agreed! But, I have Vorshlag taste and J&M 💰!

So I want to be able to adjust and get as precise specs as I can, but I'm not a serious racer, so I think J&M will do. Ordered direct from them.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I would think there is is plenty of caster in the factory set up, not so much in the camber side which is where the plates come in. MMR also makes camber only plates.

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
The difference between our plates and the MM is you can adjust the caster and lock it in place and then adjust the camber without changing the caster. These cars have plenty of caster so it's really just dialing in for your individual needs.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed! But, I have Vorshlag taste and J&M 💰!

So I want to be able to adjust and get as precise specs as I can, but I'm not a serious racer, so I think J&M will do. Ordered direct from them.
to be fair the factory caster is like 7 degrees or so. Don't think you need much more for anything. I got the steeda camber plates as were cheapest and I couldn't be happier. Don't sweat over camber plates choice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MD18EcoStang

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
to be fair the factory caster is like 7 degrees or so. Don't think you need much more for anything. I got the steeda camber plates as were cheapest and I couldn't be happier. Don't sweat over camber plates choice.
Thanks, not sweating now... J&M on the way. 👍🏼

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
MM plates are slotted in a manner that allows caster and camber adjustment simultaneously.
I used Maximum Motorsports on my 18 and had no problems. Plenty of caster and camber adjustment
Sponsored