Sponsored

Are there any pics of the GT350 Interior with the Technology Package?

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
Topnotch,

Can a person order (from Ford) a nav system, for the Track Pack GT350 (after he/she gets the GT350) And just plug and play? or is not that easy?
Maybe, the wiring should be there. I put a nav in on my 07 plg and play. It would not be cheap.
Sponsored

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
Hmm. Makes me wonder what it would cost to have the dealer order and install the track pack oil cooler on a 900A+67T car.
Adding the engine and rear differential coolers wouldnt be too difficult. The transmision cooler would be very difficult. The coolers are not necessary unless you are going to racing the car hard and very often. I seriously doubt people are going to track these cars as much as people say. I don't think many people with the Rs will even put them on the track. Most people are going to collect them and not risk blowing it up or wrecking it on the track.

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fred Flintstone, two leg power
Adding the engine and rear differential coolers wouldnt be too difficult. The transmision cooler would be very difficult. The coolers are not necessary unless you are going to racing the car hard and very often. I seriously doubt people are going to track these cars as much as people say. I don't think many people with the Rs will even put them on the track. Most people are going to collect them and not risk blowing it up or wrecking it on the track.
Not me. I am going to beat that R like it owes me money. It's a Mustang...and track days are fun.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Makes me think of an episode of Fast n Loud where the widow and her son are selling dad's '64 'vette. It went something like, "yeah, he loved the car so much he was afraid to drive it."

If I end up with a GT350, I'm not saving it for someone else to enjoy after I pass away. That's for damn sure.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Not me. I am good going to beat that R like it owes me money. It's a Mustang...and track days are fun.
That is too funny !!!!!!! Yes I had a 1965 COBRA (Superformance) with a 460 D block to big 4 barrels with a Turkey pan, and I drove that car like it wrote me a big "hot check" (NSF..in case you do not know what a "hot check is, in this day and electronic age..lol) I put on a show every-time I left a stop sign !!:headbang: even for one police officer I did not know was there.:doh:

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I would say you are right 9 times out of 10, but there were a lot of reports of the new camaro and vette heat soaking after only 15 minutes on the track. If you do a track day with 20 minute sessions, could easily run into issues on a car without proper cooling, especially on such a large high horsepower car and if you run them in hot conditions (ie most places in the summer). If you do some private or open group track days, well then you can easily log 30minutes+ at at time. Cooling capacity (like brakes) is one of those things you can never have enough at the track. However, I'm guessing most folks who will take it to the track, already have accounted for these things, and will order the track pack.

And people bring their 100k supercars to the track all the time, so I imagine there will be plenty of GT350s (including Rs) that at least see a little track time.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I would say you are right 9 times out of 10, but there were a lot of reports of the new camaro and vette heat soaking after only 15 minutes on the track. If you do a track day with 20 minute sessions, could easily run into issues on a car without proper cooling, especially on such a large high horsepower car and if you run them in hot conditions (ie most places in the summer). If you do some private or open group track days, well then you can easily log 30minutes+ at at time. Cooling capacity (like brakes) is one of those things you can never have enough at the track. However, I'm guessing most folks who will take it to the track, already have accounted for these things, and will order the track pack.

Heat-soak is more a problem with superchargers, whereas going into limp-mode is mostly due to oil temps. Since the GT350 is not supercharged, the only real worry would be oil temps. If you choose not to get the track pack then simply adding an oil cooler would be sufficient for likely most if not all GT350 owners who don't competitively race.

There is such a thing as too much cooling. There comes a point where you have so much cooling capacity that you are just lugging around excessive weight. Same thing with brakes.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There is such a thing as too much cooling.
Around here it's not uncommon to see people driving around with part of their radiator covered (winter months, of course).

I mostly would worry that the manual transmission would run way too cold on -20 degree days and that it would suck trying to shift in the winter. I know Ford tested in those conditions, but I think I will just add coolers if I decide I need them. That transmission cooler doesn't sound like the best thing for me.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
i agree with you in most cases, but on car that is already so large and high in HP, they are both one of those things where its better to have too much than not enough (if you really do intend to track it and do more than parade laps). And even though you dont have to deal with all the extra heat associated with a SC or turbo, at such a high output its going to be generating a good amount of heat, so yes keeping oil temps down is going to matter.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
i agree with you in most cases, but on car that is already so large and high in HP, they are both one of those things where its better to have too much than not enough (if you really do intend to track it and do more than parade laps). And even though you dont have to deal with all the extra heat associated with a SC or turbo, at such a high output its going to be generating a good amount of heat, so yes keeping oil temps down is going to matter.
There are gages to see whether a car is getting excessively hot. That's what the factory warranty is for as well. I know it has a lot more power than my GT, but I keep going back to running my GT on the track and it was totally fine. It isn't even the PP GT, so it has whatever cooling Ford chooses to put in the base GT>

The GT350 is supposed to be a track car. Also, I'm not such a good driver that I'm going to use most of the car's potential. I'm not too worried. If I go to the track and it's getting hot, I'll add an oil cooler.

Sponsored

radelow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Around here it's not uncommon to see people driving around with part of their radiator covered (winter months, of course).

I mostly would worry that the manual transmission would run way too cold on -20 degree days and that it would suck trying to shift in the winter. I know Ford tested in those conditions, but I think I will just add coolers if I decide I need them. That transmission cooler doesn't sound like the best thing for me.
I am 100% sure all these coolers have a thermostat so they are only operating when fluids get above a certain temp... so running in too cold weather shouldn't cause any issues.

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E