Sponsored

Are there any lemon-law GT-350 owners?

Animal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 6M
Hey guys, I’ve been in the market for a used GT-350/ Brand new GT for a while now. There are quite a few used GT-350’s for sale where I live right now (Kansas City, MO) and the surrounding cities. I’ve noticed most of them say “lemon law” vehicle on car gurus. Does anyone have any experience purchasing a lemon law Shelby specifically? Is it even worth the price drop? Most of these are in the low 40s price wise with fairly low mileage. The postings don’t have any details of why the vehicle was classified as a lemon of course. Any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Hmmm... Worth a try, but may be a hard crowd to round up on a Mustang forum.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Not exactly what you asked for, but i’ll try to provide a little perspective, as i’ve not seen one post by someone saying they bought one that’d been lemon’d. Whether they knew it or not.

If you were to get one like mine, you’d be getting a car that had oil comsumption way over what was deemed normal by ford...it got a new motor that drinks none. And i’ve seen a couple cases, including mine, where they extended the warranty since the customer was not particularly happy about the process.

So basically, you’d get a brand new motor, under longer warranty than factory(you’d wana ask and make sure it’s transferable), with just the mileage on the chassis, whatever that may be.

Now, if it were other issues like AC problems or anything else that is common with the S550, you’d just want to ask. Some states can lemon something that just stays at the shop for 30 days. Good luck!

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray