Sponsored

Are there any good options for tighter fitting seats other than Recaros?

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've sat in the Recaros and really like the way they fit me. The price tag is a lot to swallow so are you guys running any aftermarket seats that you like? Idc about keeping the cooled and heated seats but I am worried about getting an airbag light from missing airbags in the seats. I don't expect them to be electric adjustable either. Prefer leather but would also rock some upholstered seats if they were a perfect fit. I'm 5'10 180. I do want them to actually be comfortable so I'm not looking for a strict racing seat. If you have any pics of your seats please post them.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I've sat in the Recaros and really like the way they fit me. The price tag is a lot to swallow so are you guys running any aftermarket seats that you like? Idc about keeping the cooled and heated seats but I am worried about getting an airbag light from missing airbags in the seats. I don't expect them to be electric adjustable either. Prefer leather but would also rock some upholstered seats if they were a perfect fit. I'm 5'10 180. I do want them to actually be comfortable so I'm not looking for a strict racing seat. If you have any pics of your seats please post them.
Thats been my biggest concern also is the airbag light. I know there are ways around it and fixes but they can be a pain! I’ll stay tuned to see what is said.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Saw those but Americanmusclr has some decent looking leather seats from corbeau as well for way way less.
That would have been my suggestion, But............

Does Corbeau offer the air bags and OCS sensors?

Even if you get work arounds, I would think the safety of an higher quality , air bagged seat that meets factory specs would be worth the extra bucks.

Why cheapen the car?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That would have been my suggestion, But............

Does Corbeau offer the air bags and OCS sensors?

Even if you get work arounds, I would think the safety of an higher quality , air bagged seat that meets factory specs would be worth the extra bucks.

Why cheapen the car?
Because I dont think it matters to the value. You won't get more money for the car even with Recaro seats. If I put in different seats I'd of course keep the old ones. It's not cheapening it to me it's modifying it with the ability to return to stock. The corbeau seats without a doubt will not have airbags and you'd need a resistor or forscan to turn off the airbag light. I'm comfortable with doing that. Just want to make sure the seats themselves are actually nice. $1200 for 2 VS $3400 is a big leap.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Just want to make sure the seats themselves are actually nice. $1200 for 2 VS $3400 is a big leap.
If you were impressed with the Recaros. You will be less so with Corbeau.

You get what you pay for.

I didn't mean cheapen your resale (which it will). I meant cheapen your car in general.

Last edited:
OP
OP

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If you were impressed with the Recaros. You will be less so with Corbeau.

You get what you pay for.

I didn't mean cheapen your resale (which it will). I meant cheapen your car in general.
No doubt I would be happy with the Recaros but dude I'm not spending almost what I did on a blower on seats lol. The only way I'd buy them is used or take offs from a wrecked car but that takes luck and constant searching. I'm not hoping for a miracle. I was hoping other people in this group had gone a different route than the Recaros and were happy with the whatever seats they got.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Gain some weight.... works great! Another 40lbs and you'll be looking for bigger seats.
Sponsored