Sponsored

Are offers to buy your car from Vroom legitimate?

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
NOTE: I inadvertently posted this in the GT500 forum, but @Snoopy49 recommended I also post it here.

TLDR: Has anyone used Vroom to sell their GT350 and did they honor the website price?

I went through the Vroom online process to sell them my 2018 GT350 and they made me an excellent offer. (Their offer is $2K higher than the original MSRP on my car) Since I live in the Houston area, I figured it would be easier to drop my car off at their location in Stafford, TX rather than use their car pickup service. This is where things got strange.

Several people I spoke to said it was possible to drop the car off, but so far, I have not been able to talk to a single person who knows how to do it. I have called 4 different times and I keep getting forwarded to people who have no idea how to do it. I might let them pick it up, but I am not sure if it is going to be worth the hassle based on my experience with them so far.

My question to others that have used Vroom to sell their car:
Do they honor the price from their website once they get a hold of your car?
If you did not have them honor it, what are the options for getting the car back?
How long does it take to get your money once they pickup the car?

My car has 3100 miles and is in perfect condition, so there is no chance there will be a discrepancy with the "condition" unless they damage the car themselves when picking it up.
Sponsored

theslerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2011 California Special GT
I hear sketchy things about them. They literally take your car without giving you a dime then they determine if the offer they gave you is what they believe the car is worth.

Pretty sure you can't get thr car back if you don't like the price.. but not positive about that.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This has been brought up several times. There ā€˜s a few threads on it. I donā€™ t recall anyone saying they had a problem with the transaction. It did take a few weeks to get paid if memory serves me right.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure you can't get thr car back if you don't like the price.. but not positive about that.
you absolutely can get it back. Though you may have to pay $550-700 transport fee.

Vroom doesn't generally operate their own facilities - it goes to a large auction house. You would have to get Vroom to disclose where they sent the car and to coordinate with the facility to relinquish the car to you. Whether they will do that is anybody's guess. The only standard work-flow is they send it back on a contracted truck.

If your car is accurately described they honor the offered price. You would have to have material misstatements for it to be otherwise. If you don't want the 'excitement' go with Carvana or CarMax.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TxGT350-52

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you absolutely can get it back. Though you may have to pay $550-700 transport fee.

Vroom doesn't generally operate their own facilities - it goes to a large auction house. You would have to get Vroom to disclose where they sent the car and to coordinate with the facility to relinquish the car to you. Whether they will do that is anybody's guess. The only standard work-flow is they send it back on a contracted truck.

If your car is accurately described they honor the offered price. You would have to have material misstatements for it to be otherwise. If you don't want the 'excitement' go with Carvana or CarMax.
That's funny. :)

So far, Vroom is higher by quite a bit on my car. That is what is making me wonder about their offer being legitimate. Their offer is $63,284 on a 2018 car with an MSRP of $61,520. I am not sure how they can stay in business at these prices.

Local Dealership on a GT500 sale is $13K lower than Vroom with an $8K ADM on their car!
Carvana offer is $11K lower
GetMyVin offer is $4-6K lower

I have an appointment to get an offer from Carmax this afternoon, but I am wondering if they will be able to get close, as I saw another 2018 GT350 on their website with similar features and 4K miles selling for the same as what Vroom is offering me for mine.

EDIT: I only paid $50,000 for the car 2.5 years ago, so I will make $13K on the deal if it is real...

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
We sold a car to Vroom with no issue. Check was overnighted to us the day after it was picked up.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
There you have it. Itā€™s a no brainer especially if your after a 500. Itā€™s always easier to go car shopping without one in tow.

We sold a car to Vroom with no issue. Check was overnighted to us the day after it was picked up.

kirk533

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
For me Kelly Blue Book's offer was higher than both Vroom or Carmax.

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
NOTE: I inadvertently posted this in the GT500 forum, but @Snoopy49 recommended I also post it here.

TLDR: Has anyone used Vroom to sell their GT350 and did they honor the website price?

I went through the Vroom online process to sell them my 2018 GT350 and they made me an excellent offer. (Their offer is $2K higher than the original MSRP on my car) Since I live in the Houston area, I figured it would be easier to drop my car off at their location in Stafford, TX rather than use their car pickup service. This is where things got strange.

Several people I spoke to said it was possible to drop the car off, but so far, I have not been able to talk to a single person who knows how to do it. I have called 4 different times and I keep getting forwarded to people who have no idea how to do it. I might let them pick it up, but I am not sure if it is going to be worth the hassle based on my experience with them so far.

My question to others that have used Vroom to sell their car:
Do they honor the price from their website once they get a hold of your car?
If you did not have them honor it, what are the options for getting the car back?
How long does it take to get your money once they pickup the car?

My car has 3100 miles and is in perfect condition, so there is no chance there will be a discrepancy with the "condition" unless they damage the car themselves when picking it up.
I canā€™t answer for VROOM but I can vouch for Carvana. Recently sold one for way more than it was worth. Sorry if this isnā€™t helpful.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35775

I had no problems at all with Vroom. I sold my GT to Vroom in April this year, and a couple of days after they picked up my car, money was direct-deposited to my checking account. I purchased a 2020 GT350 the day after they picked up my GT! :rockon:

OP
OP
TxGT350-52

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
carvana just offered me $48k for my immaculate R. is that a joke?

vroom offered $64k. hard pass too.
That makes no sense at all. I have no idea why my offer is so high, but I am going to take my chances with them.

As a follow up to my original issue of not being able to find someone to explain how to sell the car in person, I called their smaller office that is closer to my house this afternoon. I talked to a very nice lady and she confirmed I can bring my car in and they will cut me a check within an hour. This means I do not have to wait for the check and if the offer changes, I will just drive my car back home.

I was not able to do it tonight, so I will go their office on Monday and see if they are for real.

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
Sold my 350 to Vroom for more than I paid for it brand new this past May. Also sold my Cadillac to vroom for more than it was worth in April. Everything went as smooth as snot on a greased door knob.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Sold to Vroom for more than I paid brand new. Hassle free experience.
Sponsored