Sponsored

Are LPX and LPXHD clutches made by MCLeod?

ShaneFromLethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
not that, that is a bad thing but I would like some clarity. I realize they are not fully “rebadged” RST and RXT clutches as they use Kevlar instead of ceramic. But I have heard over and over the clutches are fully using and manufactured by McLeod. Just wondering. Like I said in no way is this a bad thing. Matter of fact it’s probably a good thing. Considering the less aggressive nature of Kevlar on a transmission combined with the great reliability of McLeod. Maybe some insight from Lethal reps if possible.

Hey there! Just wanted to hop in this thread and start, by saying thank you for your consideration and support of us here at Lethal. We really do sincerely appreciate it! Although I am not able to say on here who is our supplier, I assure you its one of the best in the business, as Andrew already had hinted towards. Follow up to that statement, I do wanna make it publicly known that we stand by our product 100% and will be more than willing to cover any issues presented/caused by the actual equipment itself. Also, did wanna mention that although FB is convenient for replies/messages, its not always the same staff there to answer. Best bet always is to reach out directly. Also, you are more than welcome to message me anytime and would be more than happy to assist any way I can. Thanks so much!
Sponsored

Madmax1984

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 50th anniversary s550
Is this directed to me? If so, i think you are mistaken on who I am. I have been racing competively for over 20 years now. The reason customers come to me is for my reputation. I started my business after 12 years of racing and building a name and getting sponsorships, and those sponsors wanting me to represent their brands. I wanted to give an affordable solution to customers, without all the bs, and help them save money to build better cars.

We also put out some of the quickest cars in the country, and build the baddest 6r and 10r transmission out there as well. Me and my partner have a stellar reputation.

Thats why when I see inaccurate info posted. I say something. I don't "make" parts for that very reason. I sell the best and at great pricing for the guys. I'm not out here trying to create a market for my own product and make more money.

every single product, every single privatel labeled product from every manufacture is "secret" when people make something. Everything except this particular line of clutches...

why.... to try to pull off as being something it is not. and is not backed nor warrantied by. plain and simple

you get all your buddies, and the people you sell trans for to say its "easier" on the trans, and then people regurgitate what they read, because most people are sheep. they read it on facebook so it must be true.

then..... you buy cheap because its private label, and then hold the margin higher... to...make more money.

i'd rather sell you the name brand, at a lower price than "knock off brand a", and give you a product backed by the mfg.

sorry for the rant. but integrity is everything to me..

thats why when "company a" company stole my intellectual property, i had to threaten to sue them over it until they gave it back. some companies are all about profit.. and will do anything to get it.

The thing you'll always get from me is the truth, if i don't think you need it, i won't sell it to you. yes, we sell alot of parts, but those parts were based on reputation, treating people right, and being a true enthusiast. unlike some people that want to be internet famous, i want to help people go fast.

What do you all think of the centerforce lines ups?? specifically the Centerforce SST clutch? Just ordered one for my s550 GT

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
What do you all think of the centerforce lines ups?? specifically the Centerforce SST clutch? Just ordered one for my s550 GT
i probably sell 1 or 2 a year, thats it. its one of the least popular for the coyote, not saying they aren't good, just not 1 that we get alot of feedback on

mcleod, mantic, vengeance, south bend, and exedy are the ones we do on a regular basis.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I notice people keep saying it’s rated for 800hp and 1000hp. It’s not. It’s rated for 800tq and 1000tq. Two very different things. If that’s the case both clutches should be very stout for most boosted setups.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I notice people keep saying it’s rated for 800hp and 1000hp. It’s not. It’s rated for 800tq and 1000tq. Two very different things. If that’s the case both clutches should be very stout for most boosted setups.
incorrect, mcleod rates their clutches at HP

https://www.mcleodracing.com/rst/p31

Sponsored

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
incorrect, mcleod rates their clutches at HP

https://www.mcleodracing.com/rst/p31
What McLeod does and what they do for Lethal are clearly two different things. This is off Lethals page. Considering it’s exclusive to Lethal maybe a rep would like to step in. I was also told McLeod doesn’t rate HP anymore. Similar to most half shaft manufacturers.

29D9F732-731D-4ED0-93C2-182C93F9AD32.jpeg

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
What McLeod does and what they do for Lethal are clearly two different things. This is off Lethals page. Considering it’s exclusive to Lethal maybe a rep would like to step in. I was also told McLeod doesn’t rate HP anymore. Similar to most half shaft manufacturers.

29D9F732-731D-4ED0-93C2-182C93F9AD32.jpeg
Scroll down on that same page....it then rates by horsepower:

1660588853125.png

Madmax1984

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 50th anniversary s550
i probably sell 1 or 2 a year, thats it. its one of the least popular for the coyote, not saying they aren't good, just not 1 that we get alot of feedback on

mcleod, mantic, vengeance, south bend, and exedy are the ones we do on a regular basis.
I went with the Leather performance LPX kevlar twin disc .. 150 miles in so far so good . I guess there's the usual 500 mile break in.
Sponsored