Sponsored

Are convertible GT performance pack dampers/shocks different from coupe PP?

Ghanz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johannes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
Running a GT convertible non-performance pack. Bought a performance pack suspension from someone and trying to figure out whether to install. These might come of a GT coupe and I do not know whether those are different because of the different weight of the car. Any help much appreciated! Could find the answer on any forum.
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I have the front 2017 PP1 shocks & springs installed on my 2015 vert. I also used their sway bars.

In the back, I left the standard springs but replaced the shocks, sway bars, vertical & horizontal trailing arms off the same PP1.

The vert weighs approx 200 lbs more than the hardtop, so if you want a stiffer rear end, then order vert PP1 springs so the car doesn't appear to sag.

thanks

CVCashmere

OP
OP

Ghanz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johannes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
Thanks!

I was actually thinking something similar. The Stance in the rear looks really good with the PP1 wheels staggered. However was ready to try a bit more advanced dampers.
In the front it could do with a slightly lower stance and I don’t want to push the wheels out. DMV area does not have the best roads.

appreciate the vector!

shawn.m

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convert, 7.5 Dodge Ram
2018 vert. Used all of a 2016 pp1 suspension. Springs, struts. Front sway bar was same. Rear PP1 bar was 2mm thicker. I decided to not use the rear bar. Rear doesn't seem to be much lower.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I used the thicker rear bar off of the hardtop.

Helps make it slightly more neutral..

CVCashmere
Sponsored