Sponsored

Are any of the big name companies able to build a stick car that’s a contender for the A10?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have any of the big name companies like Steeda, LMR, BMR ever considered building a stick car that is competitive with an A10 car in the 1/4 mile? It would certainly be a nice challenge. It would also show the capabilities of the car in both trims.

President Kennedy once said: ”We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.”
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
isn't possible. human shifting is the reason we are slower.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
isn't possible. human shifting is the reason we are slower.
I hear what you’re saying regarding shifting and I wholeheartedly agree. However, more power and a killer suspension can offset some of that. Not to mention how impressive it would be. The Panda Mustang ran a good number with an MT82.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I agree. a manual full throttle shift is likely not to cost you any more time than an automatic transmission. What a manual power shift will cost. Is a few clutches and input shafts.

Sponsored

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
I don't think its comparable because of how the gearing puts the engine in the power curve. yes, power and speed shifting will close the gap but power for power, its a different ball game.

want to compete with a 10r80? go to a turbo 400 or glide.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
They would still have to work on human hand, foot, eye coordination. Perhaps a robot and parts that don't break under super stress.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
No. It’s only going to get better.

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
I think in NA form, a stick car is still at an advantage even though no one has shown that.

My reason for believing that is, even the fastest of the fastest A10 cars have still barely dipped into the 1.3s for sixty foot times. Although the internet goes nuts over these low 10 and upper 9 second NA A10 cars, theyre really not that impressive when it comes to how well they actually work. (they would be quicker with a 6R80)

The advantage of the Automatics is that they keep the power up high so they have more average power down the track. So, on paper, its nothing to do about driver skill....its simply just the way it works. If a manual trans car can cut a 1.29 sixty foot time or better and the driver is good, it should be a match for the A10. Highly doubtful that will happen though.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I don't think its comparable because of how the gearing puts the engine in the power curve. yes, power and speed shifting will close the gap but power for power, its a different ball game.

want to compete with a 10r80? go to a turbo 400 or glide.
In an NA application, the 10r80 would absolutely dominate a th400 or PG.

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
In an NA application, the 10r80 would absolutely dominate a th400 or PG.
I do agree with that. The 10R80 has shown to be extremely impressive in N/A applications and also boosted. But when it comes to going rounds, its so hard to beat a 400 or PG

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I think in NA form, a stick car is still at an advantage even though no one has shown that.

My reason for believing that is, even the fastest of the fastest A10 cars have still barely dipped into the 1.3s for sixty foot times. Although the internet goes nuts over these low 10 and upper 9 second NA A10 cars, theyre really not that impressive when it comes to how well they actually work. (they would be quicker with a 6R80)

The advantage of the Automatics is that they keep the power up high so they have more average power down the track. So, on paper, its nothing to do about driver skill....its simply just the way it works. If a manual trans car can cut a 1.29 sixty foot time or better and the driver is good, it should be a match for the A10. Highly doubtful that will happen though.
There is likely a torque advantage from the dig but that benefit is only 5% of the 1/4 mile. I think the net benefit of staying in the powerband with more gearing offsets that 5% launch. If we are talking 1/8th it's likely more of a benefit.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
MT82 are into the 9s/8s range now. Albeit a few. But they're there. So at can be done.
Sponsored