Sponsored

Are all Ford dealerships inhabited by stupid and greedy

dogteam7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary LE
Made an appointment for the recall letter I received on my Mustang. Today arrived for the appointment and was told it would be a while. I asked why would it take so long since I have an appointment? I was told the appointment was simply to talk with the advisor and was not applicable to any work being done. The recall is to check/replace the rubber stop behind the brake pedal! That takes a flashlight and 3 minutes.
After waiting 3.5 hours the advisor returns to tell me the recall part has been ordered and Iā€™d be called when it comes in! Why make the appointment if you donā€™t have the little rubber stop thatā€™s being recalled! Andā€¦ā€¦the technician performed a courtesy inspection and suggests I get my injectors flushed for the low cost of $327.00!
Total BS!!!!
Sponsored

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Probably wasnā€™t the tech that recommended that, usually the dick head service writer adds shit.
Low pay and shit pay for jobs have techs leaving in droves. Fuck the dealer and fuck ford warranty pay. I will never go back.

Rental18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT base, 2004 Ford Expedition
The dealer should have done a better job as far as the recall. As far as the injector service recommendation, how many miles are on your car? It is the service centers job to suggest factory recommended services if your vehicle is at or past a certain mileage. It is up to you to approve or decline it. I've been a service advisor for the past 7 years, lots of people maintain their vehicle per the manufacturer schedule and we've even done stuff for them under warranty when they were way past their time or mileage, because they took great care of their vehicle.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. When I call I'm going to specifically ask about having the part in stock and getting it put on the when I bring it. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Any recalls I've done with Honda have been relatively painless. I call and they call me back to set up an appt when the part comes in. They are ready to install it when I get there. Simply a matter of leaving the car for a couple of hours and coming back to pick it up. Imagine that, being organized.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Good to know. When I call I'm going to specifically ask about having the part in stock and getting it put on the when I bring it. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Any recalls I've done with Honda have been relatively painless. I call and they call me back to set up an appt when the part comes in. They are ready to install it when I get there. Simply a matter of leaving the car for a couple of hours and coming back to pick it up. Imagine that, being organized.
1648576264759.jpeg

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership represents the owners views and management. It rots or succeeds from the top down.

I tend to see more dealerships ran very well from the top down than not.

One exception.......SALES! All sales departments suck IMO They can do away with sales. Just put a price on the car and see the cashier!

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
I also got the recall letter about the brake pedal bumper. My letter stated they would send me a another letter when they had the parts in stock to perform the service, so I haven't even bothered trying to make an appointment yet.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The dealer should have done a better job as far as the recall. As far as the injector service recommendation, how many miles are on your car? It is the service centers job to suggest factory recommended services if your vehicle is at or past a certain mileage. It is up to you to approve or decline it. I've been a service advisor for the past 7 years, lots of people maintain their vehicle per the manufacturer schedule and we've even done stuff for them under warranty when they were way past their time or mileage, because they took great care of their vehicle.
Injectors service?????
Sure and make sure to get the fabric protector and under seal coatingā€¦.
Seriouslyā€¦..

Rental18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
Injectors service?????
Sure and make sure to get the fabric protector and under seal coatingā€¦.
Seriouslyā€¦..
Yes. It is a preventative maintenance item. Have you ever seen how nasty a fuel injector can get? We saw them fail pretty frequently, especially direct injectors.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Yes. It is a preventative maintenance item. Have you ever seen how nasty a fuel injector can get? We saw them fail pretty frequently, especially direct injectors.
Ok, what is the failure rate and at which mileage? What the cost ?
And what do you do, run some miracle fluid through the injection system or remove every single injectors to have them. Sonic cleaned with a before and after flow chart ? Thanks

Sponsored

Rental18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
Ok, what is the failure rate at at which mileage?
And what do you do, run some miracle fluid through the injection system or remove every single injectors to have them. Sonic cleaned with a before and after flow chart ? Thanks
We would run a concentrated BG chemical through the rail(s) and injectors with a can of 44k in the tank and do an air induction service too. If you've never driven a vehicle back to back to see how much improvement it makes, it's pretty surprising. I used to think they were unnecessary, then I got to working in the automotive industry and one of the techs had me drive a hemi truck before and after and it was impressive.

OP
OP

dogteam7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary LE
I will admit I was totally skeptical of the need to have my injectors cleaned. The car has 33K miles on it. This is my 5th fuel injected Mustang and although itā€™s been offered Iā€™ve never had my injectors serviced. My 2002 GT had 237K miles on it, and I sold it to a coworker who never serviced them either. Iā€™m not a believer in the need for that service and the advisor suggesting it only made me more skeptical of anything else he had to say.

I felt they totally wasted my time today and even if they call to say they have parts I probably wonā€™t be returning.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I popped over to a local Ford dealership last week to get my backup camera looked at per the recall notice I received. At the end of the appointment they noted on my sheet that I need new tires due to low tread.

The day prior I had just mounted my brand new Michelin Sport Cup 2s...

Some definitely just go by the book for inspection/maintenance needs.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
I will admit I was totally skeptical of the need to have my injectors cleaned. The car has 33K miles on it. This is my 5th fuel injected Mustang and although itā€™s been offered Iā€™ve never had my injectors serviced. My 2002 GT had 237K miles on it, and I sold it to a coworker who never serviced them either. Iā€™m not a believer in the need for that service and the advisor suggesting it only made me more skeptical of anything else he had to say.

I felt they totally wasted my time today and even if they call to say they have parts I probably wonā€™t be returning.
I've never paid for the service either, I always felt it was drastically overpriced for what it is actually doing for the injectors. If the injectors are really clogged, they should be removed and serviced or replaced. If it's just some tarnish build up, a can of Sea Foam in the gas tank will take care of that. I've had a mechanic recommend adding 2 cans of Sea Foam in the gas tank to fix idle issues in an older car I had years ago, and it worked!

Now I put a can of Sea Foam in the gas tank when I do an oil change, and I haven't had any injector issues.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
If the rubber stop only takes 3 min to change and is not that big of a deal.

Then NEWS flash, get the part, and do it yourself.... Oh wait ! that might take some initiative.

Never mind it's way better to piss and mown on some website
Sponsored