Are all Ford dealerships inhabited by stupid and greedy

NoSpam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Nothing Special...yet...
Made an appointment for the recall letter I received on my Mustang. Today arrived for the appointment and was told it would be a while. I asked why would it take so long since I have an appointment? I was told the appointment was simply to talk with the advisor and was not applicable to any work being done. The recall is to check/replace the rubber stop behind the brake pedal! That takes a flashlight and 3 minutes.
After waiting 3.5 hours the advisor returns to tell me the recall part has been ordered and I’d be called when it comes in! Why make the appointment if you don’t have the little rubber stop that’s being recalled! And……the technician performed a courtesy inspection and suggests I get my injectors flushed for the low cost of $327.00!
Total BS!!!!
I see this conversation has taken off (in several directions) but to add my $.02: the marketplace has (seemingly) fundamentally changed, in my experience. Crappy service is frequently condoned, accompanied by the providers', "Meh, Covid...staffing shortages...excuse du jour...blah, blah, blah." The days of the "customer is always right," are long gone. Not to mention the meaninglessness of customer satisfaction at a personal level. And the shopping/purchase experience isn't any better - "hey pal, there's a supply chain issue...if you don't want this car at this price, the next guy will. Suck it and have a nice day."

I've been shopping for a car for months and unless I'm willing to get jobbed, I'm striking out.

So, that's it - good luck, mate!