Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
don't forget the huge rims with tiny "mud terrain" tires
I avoid them fkers like a plague, no mudflaps and lifted, its often those people are texting and running off road, throwing up all kinds of debris. recently had a guy in a jeep fly around a car infant of him using shoulder and I got hit with some rocks and crap in other car. complete asshole. he saved himself 10 seconds.
Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Excellent news to hear, especially given today's SUV-hungry crowd, not to mention the semiconductor shortage. Is the Mustang affected by the latter at all?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ford will have it their way and eventually the Mustang will no longer be a 2-seater "Pony Car"; will be morfed into pickup trucks, SUV, CUV, anything else "UV" then totally disappear as a "car" as if it never existed.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

venom5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT , 2011 BMW 328i
97k truck 90k suv 10k cars

serious?I see literally single people driving the largest SUV’s they can get. I don’t understand the appeal unless you had a family.

more so, why don’t people want cars anymore?
That's because these are Ford's sales figures, and Ford is practically the most anti-car/sedan automaker as they only make the Mustang coupe. Other companies sell more than Ford...

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That's because these are Ford's sales figures, and Ford is practically the most anti-car/sedan automaker as they only make the Mustang coupe. Other companies sell more than Ford...
Honda/Toyota/Kia/VW/etc.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and Ford is practically the most anti-car/sedan automaker
well when you suck at it and you don't have the "deep pockets" of GM, you quit while you're behind.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2

serious?I see literally single people driving the largest SUV’s they can get. I don’t understand the appeal unless you had a family.

I really dislike SUV’s myself. I have no need for one.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Well, maybe things will start to get better in the back half of the year.
Let's hope so. I'm not sure many people are happy with all of the crazy markups that dealers are making just because of a lack of inventory. New cars are already pricey as it is...

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I avoid them fkers like a plague, no mudflaps and lifted, its often those people are texting and running off road, throwing up all kinds of debris. recently had a guy in a jeep fly around a car infant of him using shoulder and I got hit with some rocks and crap in other car. complete asshole. he saved himself 10 seconds.
Guess that free money from government is making it to the down payment to mustang line.lots of stuff in short supply,need a new fridge and they're out a month on delivery.ill keepbsearching

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.

Price, and the fake thinking you got a deal. because they took 9k off the MSRP.
Look at the dealer lots, they are full of suv's, crossovers, trucks. They know every brand has them and almost no one is brand loyal anymore. So, they offer tons off the sticker, and low interest rates.
Jeep just had 0.0% for 72 on the G/C and 0.0% on Cherokee and another model for 84 months.
Ford offers 0.0% on exployers, escapes, etc.
Because the fad is suv's and crossovers, the factories push them and dealers have to get them off the lots.
The dealer I am going to test drive a car tomorrow.
152 new vehicles, 5 of them are cars.

Why buy a car that has less space, harder to see out of because of all the taller suv/trucks. and not that much if at all cheaper than the small/mid sized suv. get the same mpg.
Todays crossovers,suv's, trucks are not slow. you almost give up nothing as far as on ramp speed. unlike the 80's,90's that suv's and trucks were slugs.
Other than the high center of gravity and remembering this fact when, they think they are in a slot car. there isn't a down side to buying an suv,crossover. they hold their value better than sedans or coupes do., for the most part.
Cars will be back. You would think, people would remember history. one fuel price spike and most of the brands of vehicles will be caught with their pants down.
Ford and g.m. and mother mopar should not have killed off all their cars. Their problem was they tried to make 5 different sized cars, and build crap because of it. If they built one small car instead of 4-5, and built them solidly. they have moved enough units to make it worth keeping. but when you have a small pool of buyers looking at cars, and you produce too many different cars causing low unit numbers for each. they get the ax.
G.m. still has too many sedans after killing a bunch of models.
Ford screwed up the focus , so bad it need to die.
They should have kept the fusion. Then made the next gen fusion and mustang use the same platform.
Sorry to say, but the mustang as a stand alone platform with no volume seller using the basic platform and factory, will be what kills it off.
It was always a model built off the more basic car.
the 1964.5, the 1970, the 74, the 78 fox, etc.

Sponsored