Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sometimes I think we underestimate the impact that the rebirth of an Icon has.
Anything after the 2014 model year Mustang wasn't a rebirth,it should have been an abortion,or as it is called on the streets,there goes another MUSTFUSE !!
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
30K sales buy the end of April is pretty impressive. Considering all the hype of the refresh.
30K units in just 4 months is great I would expect sales to yo yo up and down until the MY 18 goes on sale and the quantity of 17s dwindle down.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Precisely. That's the entire reason you show up to a dealership and 4 out of 5 cars are not GT's. What is the percentage of GT's to base/Ecoboost Mustangs out there? That will tell you who Ford will need to cater to. Fords investors want more volume and consistent margins. Not wasting RD on the minority of its drivers. It hurts but its the truth.
This is exactly why, even more, the numbers do matter. The numbers on the high end have a halo effect that sells downmarket. The one or two guys at work who are into cars and care get the GTPP or the 1SS1LE. The guys who don't know one end from the other look at what those guys drive, what they like, and take their advice, and then go down and get the Ecoboost or V6. It doesn't matter to them, they are never going to drive it hard enough to make a difference, but they make a conscious decision what model they are going to get, and the high end (more so than the very top GT350/Z28) makes a difference.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Precisely. That's the entire reason you show up to a dealership and 4 out of 5 cars are not GT's. What is the percentage of GT's to base/Ecoboost Mustangs out there? That will tell you who Ford will need to cater to. Fords investors want more volume and consistent margins. Not wasting RD on the minority of its drivers. It hurts but its the truth.
MY 2015 saw more GTs sold than EB or V6.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74791

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The Mustang fleet sales are decreasing looks like it is over for us. No way to beat the supercar now.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The Mustang fleet sales are decreasing looks like it is over for us. No way to beat the supercar now.

Maybe in two more years the supercar might catch up to what the Mustang has sold over seas :lol:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Maybe in two more years the supercar might catch up to what the Mustang has sold over seas :lol:
The Camaro has outsold the Mustang everywhere since fleet sales don't count.

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I think the details of the cars in the pics below, when talking $30K+ performance vehicles trumps anything.

The way I see it, the S550 has proven to be loved by many. The looks have been accepted very well, and have brought an entire new buyer to the Mustang platform. Mission accomplished. However, see the specs below - this is where I think the consumers start to think:

"Well damn. Since I am spending all this money on a new performance car, why get the one with the least amount of power and performance"

Unless of course, you think more people buy Camaros due to the looks.
Why are you comparing the performance pack to the base SS? By doing so, you are neglecting one of the big advantages of the Mustang: It's like $4K cheaper to start.

(Funny that it's still cheaper with the performance pack, though... that pack doesn't give you any significant straight-line speed advantages, but gives you some worthwhile upgrades, even compared to the Camaro, for the track)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The Camaro has outsold the Mustang everywhere since fleet sales don't count.
Wow, where do you get that from?
The Mustang is winning a decisive sales victory in China over the Camaro having sold over 6,200 units since 2015 compared to about 2,000 Camaros since 2011.
Source

Also Chevrolet is selling 1.000 Camaros per year for europe. Ford sells more than 3.000 new Mustangs in Germany per year, with a very small rate of fleet cars.

The camaro is selling ok in the NA market, but they don't really sell them anywhere else.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4

Source

Also Chevrolet is selling 1.000 Camaros per year for europe. Ford sells more than 3.000 new Mustangs in Germany per year, with a very small rate of fleet cars.

The camaro is selling ok in the NA market, but they don't really sell them anywhere else.
Lol, I love when someone overconfidently states something as fact on the internet... and then someone replies with *actual* facts in direct contradiction to what they were so sure about. Well done, sir.

I'm curious what the sales numbers look like in America when fleet sales are removed for both vehicles, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mustang still outsold the Camaro through the first two years of both cars' production. IIRC, it was more than doubling up the Camaro for a good while, even in the 2016 MY when the Camaro just launched.

... Having said all this, arguing about which car is better based on sales is stupid. But still fun to do.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
He's mocking Camaro6's "remove fleet sales and the Camaro has been winning" strategy of dealing with a less than amazing 6th Gen sales performance so far.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Who cares if it's a fleet sale or not. A car sold is a car sold.
Sponsored