April 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers Released

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
It's lame on both sides. It's funny how the slower car usually sells more and that's when people care most about sales....when the car they drive is the slower one they find any reason to feel better. ;)
I buy my car to drive on public roads, not to race. I could not care less why you bought your car or why, drive it and like it. Good on you. But I bought my car to use, to haul things around, and because I liked it. Top end performance was down on the list for me. It looks great, it growls when I get on it a bit, and it satisfies my needs.

Not sure why you have to be on this board to validate your purchase (Her Her, my car is 0.5s faster to the quarter!!!). Good for you, my kids can sit in the back seat without having their legs amputated, and I don't have to hack-saw my golf clubs to fit them into the trunk.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
It's lame on both sides. It's funny how the slower car usually sells more and that's when people care most about sales....when the car they drive is the slower one they find any reason to feel better. ;)
Sales doesn't influence whether or not I buy the car. But it is an interesting data point for discussion, nonetheless. Just as how popular a song is doesn't make a damn bit of difference whether or not I think it sucks, but people still talk about who topped this chart, or that chart.

You say the "slower car." Okay, fair point. But a 'vette is faster than a Camaro. So is a Ford GT. Or a Ferrari. Should Camaro drivers cry themselves to sleep over it?

I don't mean to be rude (you'd know if I did), but this "find any reason to feel better" is suggestive that they should feel bad. The Camaro costs more. The Camaro is newer gen. The Camaro is faster. All of these things are exactly what we should expect. If the Mustang cost the same, and was still slower, THEN we would have a major problem worth feeling butthurt over, although the hate would be better directed at Ford in such an instance.

Otherwise it's a just personal decision... spend more for faster stock, or spend less and mod (or just pocket the difference and be happy with stock). Or buy for other reasons (looks, options, trims, etc...).

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
LOL...all this time and I yet need to see one lousy Mustang commercial...

The car sells itself. :ford:
There are a few Mustang commercials out there. Can't believe you haven't seen one yet. Lots of Mustangs in TV shows atm.

Just saw the first Camaro one a few days ago.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
There are a few Mustang commercials out there. Can't believe you haven't seen one yet. Lots of Mustangs in TV shows atm.
Nope...never seen one. I never needed a commercial or see a TV show to buy one.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
And you drive a 2002 30th anniversary Camaro? Those are freaking rare!
Speaking of commercials, this made me want one...

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]NZwONYWUu0Y[/MEDIA]"]

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
And you drive a 2002 30th anniversary Camaro? Those are freaking rare!
You do realize that all 2002 Camaro's were 35th anniversary models that year, but the limited edition was it's own special "farewell" package at that time? That's what I drove.

Last edited:

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
You do realize that all 2002 Camaro's were 30th anniversary models that year, but the limited edition was it's own special "farewell" package at that time? That's what I drove.
Hmmmmmm...first Camaro was in the 1967 model year. 2002 would have been 35 years later. Wouldn't' that make the car a 35th edition anniversary model?:crazy:

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Hmmmmmm...first Camaro was in the 1967 model year. 2002 would have been 35 years later. Wouldn't' that make the car a 35th edition anniversary model?:crazy:
Thank you sir. Either he was lying, or ignorant. Either way, shouldn't really be calling people out.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Made a mistake, 35th anniversary. 30th was the 1997 Z/28 in White with Orange Stripes.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Thank you sir. Either he was lying, or ignorant. Either way, shouldn't really be calling people out.
Really?

[ame]

You were saying? At least I can see out of this one.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Really?

You were saying? At least I can see out of this one.
Like I said. You were lying or ignorant. Or maybe you just made a mistake. Either way, calling people out for driving automatics, when you didn't know which car you had, is kinda of silly.

PS: that 35th anniversary is freaking beautiful.

PPS: I can see out of my car well enough. My eyes and mirrors work just fine. BSM is nice too.
Sponsored