Sponsored

Apple Car Play What doe We all Think of it

Damo66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Well personally i don't think much of this system as it just will not work in my car.

So i am using an Apple Iphone X and i have made sure it is set not to lock the screen when in Car Play Mode. Car Play appears on my cars touch screen and will go into my Deezer Account and start to play my music no issue with that and the music can be controlled by the buttons on the steering wheel, but if i press any of the other Car Play features on the touch screen they either do not respond or will respond after at least 20 seconds but this is very hit and miss to the point where i have stopped using it.

All very disappointing as i use Deezer and Amazon Music to store all of my albums etc which without the Car Play feature are useless.

Sorry just realised i cannot spell, so if anyone can amend the title of this thread to change the word Doe to Do then i would be grateful!!
Sponsored

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
I only use Sync 3 and Bluetooth audio. I've got an android phone and an iPhone (work) and they weren't that reliable when I tested them.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Use android auto with samsung s8. Faultless experience.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Use Android Auto in my Mondeo for Google Maps and (very briefly at the start) Amazon Music. Seems to work well.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Used google maps in a Fiesta loan car and it was a boon. I recall it was a faff to set-up, but that just might have been me.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I use it with a iPhone X and it all works perfectly with no problems, very impressed with it compared to sync2 on the previous mustang

OP
OP

Damo66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I use it with a iPhone X and it all works perfectly with no problems, very impressed with it compared to sync2 on the previous mustang
Hmm must just be me then. :crackup:

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I only use it for Google Maps, which works very well, and Spotify, which some times takes a few attempts to get it to load up properly, but then works fine. It’d be better if it worked over Bluetooth.

I’ve tried the BT audio for iTunes, but it will only give me a list of the songs I have saved to my phone, and not the ones in the cloud.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I use the Applink function and keep the Sync3 interface. Works perfectly with Acast (podcasts). I use a flash drive for music.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Apple Car Play works great for me with Spotify. Both on my previous iPhone 8 and current XS Max.

My only gripe is you don’t get outside temp value in car play so I have to come out of it to Sync 3 screen to see what temperature reading is.

Google maps in aerial photo lols great too

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I use Google Pixel phone with Android Auto and no issues. Yes the satellite image on Google Maps looks good and useful that can now report accidents/speedscamera/traffic etc on Google Maps like Waze
I use Google Music for my music and no issues

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Use android auto with samsung s8. Faultless experience.
I have exactly the same with no issue using Amazon music. Sorry I cant help with apple stuff.

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
Usually works fine for me with iPhone7+ using Spotify, Waze, iMessage and WhatsApp EXCEPT occasionally Spotify needs a restart on iPhone which I’m wondering (as of yesterday) may be due to automatic App refresh on iPhone, so will be switching to manual update today.
Incidentally, the few instances I have with Spotify we’re just as prevalent as in the BMW with it’s Connected connections.

Benno

COLD27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Velocity Blue GT
Don't use it all that often but never had any issues when I have (mostly using Spotify and Waze). And that's with an iPhone X.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Also, about 50%, after disconnecting my phone, the radio defaults to a random AM station/frequency, rather than any of the DAB stations I’ve left it on!?

And there’s no click on the CarPlay screen either
Sponsored