• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Apple car play bugs.

tuckingfypo94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark horse HP Blue ember
Has anyone else had constant issues with apple carplay? I have intermittent issues of the phone completely disconnecting, intermittent audio drops, intermittent phone not even connecting. The worst of all is probably the carplay navigation. No matter which app, (google maps, apple maps, waze) the car in the app is constantly changing direction. Forcing the app to recalculate the route and face the wrong direction. This is super annoying especially when I'm in an unfamiliar area because when the direction is wrong in the map you cant see if a turn is coming up.

I have tried two different phones, a fresh factory rest on both the phone and the car and still the issues persists.
I also saw in one of streetspeed717's videos the same issue I have at the 06:28 mark in this video

I do have a 2023 build car. Could there be some radio issues from that build date?

Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I would suspect more a problem with the phone gps or a solar burst disrupting….

Reactions: DCS

Billycar11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Grand Prix
if you put the phone up on the dashboard does it work better?
i know android auto google maps uses the car gps antenna not sure what apple does
but meanwhile waze on android auto does not use car antenna...

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
My Android Auto has been a little flaky at times too, especially with drops. I noticed the displays were acting screwy yesterday with the inability to get Pandora to show up on the screen even though it was playing. So I wasn't able to get the station list to come up. It would only show GoogleMaps. Seems like Ford still has some bugs to work out.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I would suspect more a problem with the phone gps or a solar burst disrupting….
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday very high Kp Index (Solar activity) could affect GPS.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
Has anyone else had constant issues with apple carplay? I have intermittent issues of the phone completely disconnecting, intermittent audio drops, intermittent phone not even connecting. The worst of all is probably the carplay navigation. No matter which app, (google maps, apple maps, waze) the car in the app is constantly changing direction. Forcing the app to recalculate the route and face the wrong direction. This is super annoying especially when I'm in an unfamiliar area because when the direction is wrong in the map you cant see if a turn is coming up.

I have tried two different phones, a fresh factory rest on both the phone and the car and still the issues persists.
I also saw in one of streetspeed717's videos the same issue I have at the 06:28 mark in this video

I do have a 2023 build car. Could there be some radio issues from that build date?

I have had a few issues intermittently using iPhone with Apple Maps. I have also had occasional issues with the guidelines for the back-up camera not showing up. I believe the issue is not iPhone or Car Play, but rather Sync 4.

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
I’m going to sound like Apple Support….. (I’m not)
I’ve had a multitude of issues with my iPhone 15. Every update brought more problems. In the end I ensured I had a backup of the apps and data then trashed the phone. Did a complete reinstall of the OS then a restore of the apps. After which it performed like a completely different phone.

It’s a pain to do but worth it.
Sponsored