Apple 13 pro or S22 ultra

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Which and why. I've only owned Samsung phones.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Oh my, don't start that. You'll get thirty-five pages of personal opinions, at the end of which you'll still have no clue. :cwl:

I've always liked Apple products, but steered clear of the iPhone because I felt it was too restricted for my taste. As an experienced IT guy I couldn't stand the idea of not being the master of my own device. Which is why I used to be a Samsung user. I used to laugh at iPhones for not being able to do simple, fundamental things which the Samsung did so well and easily. Until one day I realized that the iPhone wasn't necessarily more stupid, but just different, and that if I stop trying to use an iPhone like a Samsung, but rather use it as it was designed to be used, I will never miss any of the Samsung's features.
So, now I'm a happy iPhone user. What I love most about it isn't just the phone itself, but the entire ecosystem, the sublime way in which all the devices in my household integrate in one single, perfectly smooth and seamless cloud, while at the same time keeping my kids' phones safe. Every device just works. No need for regular maintenance, no need for anti-virus software, everything works after two years exactly as well and as fast as it did on the first day.
It reminds me of an old Honda ad. "Isn't it nice when things just work?"

Last edited:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
...snip
^^ should be a required outcome of anything man made. Would save everyone a lot of pain, cause much panic amongst companies lol.
On Topic, i dislike Samsung as much as a i dislike Apple products but users of either are very happy with their choice. Guess it comes down to how much you are prepared to spend ?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Oh my, don't start that. You'll get thirty-five pages of personal opinions, at the end of which you'll still have no clue. :cwl:

I've always liked Apple products, but steered clear of the iPhone because I felt it was too restricted for my taste. As an experienced IT guy I couldn't stand the idea of not being the master of my own device. Which is why I used to be a Samsung user. I used to laugh at iPhones for not being able to do simple, fundamental things which the Samsung did so well and easily. Until one day I realized that the iPhone wasn't necessarily more stupid, but just different, and that if I stop trying to use an iPhone like a Samsung, but rather use it as it was designed to be used, I will never miss any of the Samsung's features.
So, now I'm a happy iPhone user. What I love most about it isn't just the phone itself, but the entire ecosystem, the sublime way in which all the devices in my household integrate in one single, perfectly smooth and seamless cloud, while at the same time keeping my kids' phones safe. Every device just works. No need for regular maintenance, no need for anti-virus software, everything works after two years exactly as well and as fast as it did on the first day.
Me on the opposite end as far as which mobile phone I started with - it was always iPhone, BUT itā€™s for the very reasons you mentioned, which can be summed up to be:

It just works.

IOS updates are cake, seamless integration with other Apple devices and non-Apple devices or even with wanting to stream anything from it is just too easyā€¦ For me, the most important is as you stated, no fussing with virus software/apps. IMO, itā€™s low maintenance as far as actual needed iOS updates, because it seems Android/Windows platforms always have update after update and patch after patch due to the hacking community targeting those OS and platforms practically dailyā€¦.

Prior to my first iPhone, always been an Apple user starting with the original table top Macintosh and just continued from there. Iā€™m not a programmer, so that was never a matter in personal computer needs or decisions. I liked Apple products just for their simplicity and again, because it always just works. I actually still have my PowerMac G4 Mirror Door tower (originally 120GB HD, but upgraded it to 500GB) and itā€™s still running today without issues. My last Mac upgrade is my 2013 Power Mac Pro laptop ā€¦. It does everything I need it to do and it works flawlessly.

My current iPhone is the XR, and iPad is the iPad 5. Prob due for mobile device upgrades, but I try to wait it out until Apple ā€œretiresā€ such a product or wonā€™t support it any longer with iOS updates.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I agree with everything everyone has said BUT I Keep my Samsung S21 Ultra because people are always asking me to Facetime and I tell them I have an Android. My 22-year-old recently sent me a link that allowed me to Facetime with him from my Samsung. I made him promise to never tell anyone else in the family or that I know, about the method.

Sponsored

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
8A2F4708-0823-47AD-941B-708146DED974.jpeg
213CF935-8801-41DC-8887-AC4F58EB089E.jpeg
0943D085-BBFB-4086-8F3B-945825B39E20.jpeg
5C24D256-C5ED-48D1-A27C-18E49573A392.jpeg

I posted in another thread I just got an IPhone 13 Pro.
Iā€˜m very happy with the camera and picture quality. No matter what you get, someone is going to say What the hell did you get that for! I would of got Xxxxxxā€ There are many options of high quality phones with great cameras. I just came from a an IPhone 6S. The new technology by far on any new phone would be better! Attached are a couple of resent pictures. Iā€™ve already been told how some people hate Apple products. That being said Iā€™ve also been told how a Roush Mustang is a waste of money and way overpriced. Iā€™ve been also told that my Shelby is stupid and the same money in a Mustang GT would be a better car. I shouldnā€™t have spent so much money on my garageā€¦.etcā€¦.etcā€¦ā€¦ bla, bla blaā€¦. Negative people! Go look at a few phones, make a decision on what you think fits you best and DONā€™T take to seriously what people say. Thereā€™s absolutely no way to please everybody. Pretty hard to go wrong with any of the new high end phones.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Join the rebels and go with Pixel 6 Pro.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Join the rebels and go with Pixel 6 Pro.
I almost got a Pixel 2 back in the day.

I went with what I know, got the S22 ultra.
Sponsored