Sponsored

Apologies for the same question regarding wheels and all seasons, PP2

capriceragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
All,

Apologies for posting this question again. However, I can't seem to make heads or tails of what I should get. I just purchased my 2020 Mustang GT PP2 on Saturday, and I want to treat her right.

Getting into the PP2, I knew I would need different tires in the fall/winter than stock. However, I admittedly didn't look into tires at the time. This vehicle kind of fell into my lap suddenly, so I'm a bit behind.

Essentially, I was hoping someone could say, "hey, look here, idiot: these are the tires you can run on the PP2 wheels." Or, if I need to, I can buy new rims, but I would like guidance. While I am very good with my hands, and have wrenched on cars for 25 years, this is my first car with power.

I live in the SE United States. Winters are temperate: lowest lows are in the mid-to-low 20s at night, and the highs are usually in the upper 30s to low 40s. If we get winter precipitation, it may be the occasional snow flurry. However, we're more prone to freezing rain/sleet/overnight icing, which we get maybe once a year. So, I don't think I need a true winter tire, just something that can handle well in cold rain.

I'm trying to get the stock Michelin tires replaced with an all season so a) I don't lose traction, and b) I can save the grippy expensive tires for carving up back roads this summer.

Can someone please enlighten this noobie as to what tires will work with the wheels? Or, barring that, what wheels I should look into that will accept an all-season tire? Wheel preference would be one with similar looks to PP2, and not require modifying the car. Michelin has been good to me, and I've seen they offer the Pilot Sport A/S3+ in 285/35ZR19. However, I can't see if those will properly fit the stock PP2 wheels. If I need to get a second set of wheels, what sizes would you recommend? I'd like to keep roughly the same profile, but gain .25" - .5". Ironically, the only place where the front splitter rubs is at the driveway at my house!

Again, I am sorry for the same question again, and I appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you!
Sponsored

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Get an all season tire. There isn’t anything special about the wheel keeping you from doing so. Or get a set of winter wheels with an all season tire. The sport cup2’s are great in the summer and an all season won’t hold up to them