Apex EC7 versus SVE R357?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
We love the EC-7 wheel here at APEX, and it's my personal favorite too. They are strong, lightweight, and clear pretty much every brake kit out there. Don't be fooled by thinking you don't need durable wheels "for just the street". The street is a very rough place on wheels/tires, no more or less than a racetrack. Pot holes, curbs, construction zones, and more can all cause serious damage.

- Cory
Its the best looking wheel in the market imo. Reminds of a motorsports Le Mans wheel.
Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
i see you are also in maryland, know a good place to have tire mounted ? I have a set of ec7s coming on the last week of august.
I work at a shop so I havenā€™t had anyone mount tires for me in quite some time. Iā€™m in the middle of switching jobs and I try not to get into side work when Iā€™m new somewhere. But depending on when youā€™re looking to have them mounted up, I may be able to help with that.

I also have black wheel weights. Canā€™t even tell theyā€™re there

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I work at a shop so I havenā€™t had anyone mount tires for me in quite some time. Iā€™m in the middle of switching jobs and I try not to get into side work when Iā€™m new somewhere. But depending on when youā€™re looking to have them mounted up, I may be able to help with that.

I also have black wheel weights. Canā€™t even tell theyā€™re there
I should be getting my wheels sometime at the end of August, so pretty much around that time is when id have them mounted. If you could help me out, would you be able to offer road force balancing as well?

Last edited:

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
Bumping this to see new opinions. They are very similar to me, but the price isnā€™t lol. In the silver option, sve only has one size, where as apex has multiple sizes to choose from. Was originally thinking square apex ec7 18x9.5, but for way less money can get 19x10/11 in sve r357 are on sale. Staggered does look meaner lol

Luckily I have like 2 months to wait to get my car and have already changed my mind 10 times in what wheels I wanted, probably will change 10 more before I buy something

Sponsored

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Bumping this to see new opinions. They are very similar to me, but the price isnā€™t lol. In the silver option, sve only has one size, where as apex has multiple sizes to choose from. Was originally thinking square apex ec7 18x9.5, but for way less money can get 19x10/11 in sve r357 are on sale. Staggered does look meaner lol

Luckily I have like 2 months to wait to get my car and have already changed my mind 10 times in what wheels I wanted, probably will change 10 more before I buy something
Another member here got SVE to approve an R357 19x10 square set over the phone. I wanted those for a long time but ended up with X500 because square and rotation was more important; now I love the look and Iā€™m glad I chose them.

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

I still think SVE wheels are fine for some people, but I talk to a LOT of people who are replacing theirs and ordering EC-7s or SM-10s. I'm not going to bash their product.

Our wheels are more expensive for a reason, they are simply higher quality. If you want something that's track focused with a long-time proven durability record, give us a shout! Not to mention our unmatched APEX 360* program.

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still think SVE wheels are fine for some people, but I talk to a LOT of people who are replacing theirs and ordering EC-7s or SM-10s. I'm not going to bash their product.

Our wheels are more expensive for a reason, they are simply higher quality. If you want something that's track focused with a long-time proven durability record, give us a shout! Not to mention our unmatched APEX 360* program.
Oh Iā€™m looking hard at them. Have to get over the sticker shock of buying a new car first. Not opposed to high quality wheels, but this would be for a daily and just not sure. Was originally looking at your 18x9.5 in a square set up. Might just keep my eyes out for the next sale if I got that route

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another member here got SVE to approve an R357 19x10 square set over the phone. I wanted those for a long time but ended up with X500 because square and rotation was more important; now I love the look and Iā€™m glad I chose them.
I like the x500, those were my original favorites and now itā€™s changed lol. At least I havenā€™t changed that I want silver style wheels.

I sent lmr and email asking why only staggered silver in one size vs the option in the other finishes. Waiting to hear back.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Need the strongest wheels can get for the street IMO.

Apex look great.

BBS have some nice wheels as well and often overlooked as a legendary brand active in many motorsport world wide.
I agree. Only problem is that BBS wheels are out of 95% of peopleā€™s budget. Enter Apex wheels. I no longer have my car, but I still have my ec-7ā€™s. Fantastic wheels in every aspect

Sponsored

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
I love the Apex EC-7's and probably would have bought them if I hadn't gotten such a great deal on my R357's on a black friday deal. I have had absolutely no issues with my R357's over the past couple years and drive on some of the absolute worst roads in the country (metro detroit). I do like the design of the R357's a little better than the EC-7's, but they both look great IMO. I've heard nothing but good things about Apex wheels and if I ever need new wheels I'll probably be looking that way, however I don't think you can go wrong with SVE especially if you catch them during a sale.

20210406_191320.jpg

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
EC-7 for the track on 18ā€™s
R350ā€™s for the road on 19ā€™s
F0DA4B2A-D988-4821-A513-02BECFBDF1FC.jpeg
2773F100-1754-4569-94CF-741550132500.jpeg

Jay87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Selling? I'm down in MD a bunch.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Besides the fact that the EC7 looks infinitely better (IMHO), quality is probably better. Those will be my next set of wheels. Either black or gunmetal.
Sponsored