Sponsored

Anyone with whipple regret leaving whipple tune for Lund or PBD?

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
On previous cars we have used the Whipple tune and then went to Lund. Both are great, truly. We are swapping our 2018 3.0L whippled car to E85 / Lund tune today and I am sure it'll be dialed in to a like-stock drivability.
Sponsored

Lubner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have Whipple Gen3 Stage2 just changed pulley to a 3.625 and got a tune from Palm Beach/Rob Shoemaker.
Car runs great pulls hard very happy with tune.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I was thinking of going with Lund but not sure now since I’ve been reading a lot of inconstancy since there is different tuners. I’d want the best from the main guy behind the tunes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium 6 speed
I was thinking of going with Lund but not sure now since I’ve been reading a lot of inconstancy since there is different tuners. I’d want the best from the main guy behind the tunes
I got my kenne bell tuned by Dakota at Lund, and he dialed it in in 3 hours. Drives just like stock. WOT is perfect. No complaints. Pretty sure his personal car is a whipple

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I run the Whipple Tune with my Stage 2 Kit on my 2017 Mustang GT Auto and the tune is amazing.

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I as well used Lund. WOT was good. Drivability not very good. Ended up changing tuner.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
The whipple tune is fantastic for drivability and street car manners. No doubt about that. I moved to PBD mostly because the car had a lot of trouble shifting at the track which is where it spent most of it's time. I also eventually wanted to do other stuff that the Whipple wouldn't support like higher stall converter, RPM limits, Cobra Jet intake, Race gas with a small pulley which required a BAP (maybe the Whipple supports the race gas and BAP, not sure). I wanted to eek out every little bit and that's not really what the Whipple tune is for. I won't say my PBD tune drives around town better because it doesn't but it's not bad enough that I'm willing to spend the time working with PBD to fix some of the part throttle shifting that I don't like.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We used Lund Racing for our 2015 Whipple'd M6 car and it worked out great. The car was a beast that went 9.7@150mph and drove great on the street. For our 2018 10 speed car we used the Whipple calibration and the car drove and performed great as well. We went 10.30's with the Whipple 50 state legal cal. Eventually we switched over to E85 and had Lund tune the car and it went 9.79@144 the next time out at the track.

More than likely you're going to pick up power by going with a Lund or PBD tune as Whipple tunes them to be a little more conservative and 50 state legal.

So it really depends on what you're looking to do with the car and what your goals are.

We offer Lund Racing tunes as well as Palm Beach Dyno tunes here all under one roof so if there's anything we can help you with please let us know.

Thanks, Jared

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
What kind of trouble did your Whipple tune have shifting at the track?
It would hang in between Gears so bad I would lunge forward in the car. I wasn't all the time but the shifting was never crisp enough for me at the track. It's super smooth in almost every other case and I haven't heard of anyone else having the same issue that I did.

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
What mods got you that 9.7 on your whipple gen 2 car? Stock motor? What size pulley? Thanks!

cchvyd28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
It would hang in between Gears so bad I would lunge forward in the car. I wasn't all the time but the shifting was never crisp enough for me at the track. It's super smooth in almost every other case and I haven't heard of anyone else having the same issue that I did.
I actually spoke with whipple about the shifts. It can be so bad that it feels like it hits a limiter just before the shift and it isn't consistent. I have a boost gauge and you can see the boost drop at times mostly on the 3-4 shift. Did data logs, and sent videos. The response I got was that it was working as intended. And they have it pull power at shifts in order to pass Fords durability testing for the 6R80.

xxchieferxx

lol@ mpg
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was just tuned by brandon @ lund (last week, stage 2 whipple with bap) and street manners are as if i was n/a. Wot pulls smoothly.

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
I actually spoke with whipple about the shifts. It can be so bad that it feels like it hits a limiter just before the shift and it isn't consistent. I have a boost gauge and you can see the boost drop at times mostly on the 3-4 shift. Did data logs, and sent videos. The response I got was that it was working as intended. And they have it pull power at shifts in order to pass Fords durability testing for the 6R80.
That’s exactly why I changed to PBD.
Dropped 0.69 second in the 1/4 , increased 4 MPH in trap speed and actually made 23 less horses.
Sponsored

Last edited: