Sponsored

Anyone with whipple regret leaving whipple tune for Lund or PBD?

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Anyone with a whipple stage 2 regret ditching the whipple tune for a Lund or PBD tune? It seems the large TB can give tuners problems? Truth or fiction? Especially interested hearing from guys with A6 cars.

Curious to hear if I am missing out on any significant HP or other benefits by staying with whipple tune. Thanks!
Sponsored

smoke em

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt premium pp
I just finished data logging for my PBD tune. I ran the Whipple tune for last couple years and had absolutely no complaints. Car ran good and made good power, running as fast as 10.63 and putting down 705 rwhp. The only reason I swapped was the mt82 let go and their tune wouldn't support a magnum xl swap. That being said the PBD tune seems even better. Cold start up is no where as loud or "crackly"as before. Seems nice and smooth through every gear, no hesitations when swapping from vacuum to boost. True test will be when I make it back to the strip to compare times. One thing I will say is the customer service with both companies has been top notch and you can't go wrong with either one!

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I just finished data logging for my PBD tune. I ran the Whipple tune for last couple years and had absolutely no complaints. Car ran good and made good power, running as fast as 10.63 and putting down 705 rwhp. The only reason I swapped was the mt82 let go and their tune wouldn't support a magnum xl swap. That being said the PBD tune seems even better. Cold start up is no where as loud or "crackly"as before. Seems nice and smooth through every gear, no hesitations when swapping from vacuum to boost. True test will be when I make it back to the strip to compare times. One thing I will say is the customer service with both companies has been top notch and you can't go wrong with either one!
Thanks. Appreciate the input. Curious to hear what she does at the strip...

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
I think hell horse is a dealer for pbd (north side of houston)

Sponsored

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
Anyone with a whipple stage 2 regret ditching the whipple tune for a Lund or PBD tune? It seems the large TB can give tuners problems? Truth or fiction? Especially interested hearing from guys with A6 cars.

Curious to hear if I am missing out on any significant HP or other benefits by staying with whipple tune. Thanks!

Yup. Went with a Alex F. Lund tune. Kept it for only a few weeks then went back to the Whipple tune tweaked with HP Tuners... I do have to say, the Lund WOT was amazing. It was driveability that sent me back to the Whipple tune.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I have ran and sold several PBD Whipple tunes. They are very good!

PBD tunes Dustin's personal car. That says something. Reach out with any questions.
Alll of this^^^^ Alex / YOLO used to work at VMP now at Lund but PBD does his tunes and is currently building a 4r200 for his red car. That should speak for itself!

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Alll of this^^^^ Alex / YOLO used to work at VMP now at Lund but PBD does his tunes and is currently building a 4r200 for his red car. That should speak for itself!
Why would a guy that works at Lund use a pbd tune?

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
PDB and PBH are two separate companies.

Alex has nothing to do with PBD or Whipple for that matter as he runs a gen 3 VMP.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. Went with a Alex F. Lund tune. Kept it for only a few weeks then went back to the Whipple tune tweaked with HP Tuners... I do have to say, the Lund WOT was amazing. It was driveability that sent me back to the Whipple tune.
What was wrong with the way it drove?

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)