Sponsored

Anyone with MMR CAI -and- Magnaflow Street Catback?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Hi,
I have the MMR CAI, the big tube, and really enjoy the 'woosh' sound :D Now I want to do a step forward and replace exhaust to have a deeper sound. I don't want it to be too loud or like those crazy 'bees-like' exhausts. Among others, the Magnaflow Street catback seems one of the best about this: deeper sound and not too loud.

Now, since I'm in Italy and buying an exhaust will be very expensive (think about exhaust itself + shipping overseas for a huge box + custom fees), I'm trying to figure in advance out how they could sounds together.

Is there anyone out there with mmr cai AND magnaflow street catback installed together? If so, can you post a video in various conditions? Cold start, revving, passing-by, highway..

Thank you so much :thumbsup:
Sponsored

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I have the CAI but the bolts rust. They havent replace my bolts and ignore my messages. Get MAP or Full Race CAI.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I already bought the MMR.. hope my bolts don't rust!!

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Just go to the hardware store and get some new bolts woopty do. Sucks for sure but Id just fix it and move on.If the mmr is priced well I wouldn't hesitate to get it just know you might spend $5 on bolts down the line.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Just go to the hardware store and get some new bolts woopty do. Sucks for sure but Id just fix it and move on.If the mmr is priced well I wouldn't hesitate to get it just know you might spend $5 on bolts down the line.
Thats what I did. Way too easy a fix than spending twice as much on an intake or paint them to match the intake ?

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Do you know what is the specs of the bolts?

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Those bolts must've gotten exposed to some salt or something else up there. I had tire valves and caps galvanize once during a winter up there in Maryland.

The bolts aren't a problem for me in FL. Probably something to consider should you live in a colder area where they salt roads..

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6
Hi,
I have the MMR CAI, the big tube, and really enjoy the 'woosh' sound :D Now I want to do a step forward and replace exhaust to have a deeper sound. I don't want it to be too loud or like those crazy 'bees-like' exhausts. Among others, the Magnaflow Street catback seems one of the best about this: deeper sound and not too loud.

Now, since I'm in Italy and buying an exhaust will be very expensive (think about exhaust itself + shipping overseas for a huge box + custom fees), I'm trying to figure in advance out how they could sounds together.

Is there anyone out there with mmr cai AND magnaflow street catback installed together? If so, can you post a video in various conditions? Cold start, revving, passing-by, highway..

Thank you so much :thumbsup:
Your exhaust note is not going to change very much or much at all with a CAI. What really change your exhaust note and something everyone should keep in mind is when you add a downpipe. A very nice sounding catback can completely change in a way you might not like when you add a downpipe and that especially go for a catless version.

Sponsored
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Jay.
I'm not going to change other parts, but I'm only curious to hear the sound of the Street with the 'woosh' of the CAI :)
I need to be very careful with these type of mods.. here laws are not as in US! We can't change anything without going to a new inspection, and you can't pass an inspection with an aftermarket exhaust. BUT the Mustang here is so exotic that many could think this is the OEM sound, if I keep it reasonable..

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6
Thanks Jay.
I'm not going to change other parts, but I'm only curious to hear the sound of the Street with the 'woosh' of the CAI :)
I need to be very careful with these type of mods.. here laws are not as in US! We can't change anything without going to a new inspection, and you can't pass an inspection with an aftermarket exhaust. BUT the Mustang here is so exotic that many could think this is the OEM sound, if I keep it reasonable..
Oh man.. That's gotta suck that you have to have every new part inspected. Just for future reference, if you want a little more sound from your stock exhaust and can't really go with a complete catback due to your country's inspection law I would say either cut the resonator off or change out the stock dp for high flow catted dp if you want some more power out of your mustang while you are at it. Everything will still look almost stock but you will definitely have a little more pleasurable sound when you press on the pedal. Our stock ebm is just way too quiet from factory. The new camaro turbo even have louder exhaust than ours stock. Whichever path you decide to take good luck and enjoy the ride. That's what truly matters at the end of the day:cheers:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, I will consider it!
However I see that catback exhausts are only bolted, so I can swap back to stock the exhaust before the annual inspection (the first is after 4 years) :D

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
You've got to look closer at home [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] :D

Pretty sure [MENTION=18562]YLA G[/MENTION] has that setup! --> Oranginator project in the Europe forum

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
You've got to look closer at home [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] :D

Pretty sure [MENTION=18562]YLA G[/MENTION] has that setup! --> Oranginator project in the Europe forum
:eyebulge: :headbonk: will check, thanks!
Sponsored