Sponsored

Anyone with G-Loc pad experience on track yet?

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Just as the title says, I'm wondering if anyone has used these pads on the track yet? I have pretty much blown through my second pair of stock fronts and am getting about three days out of them. I'm looking for a pad with some more bite and longevity. Also, I run the Cup2 tires on the track.

I'm considering trying out the R10 compound to run with the stock rears as I still have at least half the pad left on the rears....maybe I will get a little more aggressive after I wear out the rears. Street manners is a consideration as I don't daily drive the car and won't consistently swap pads. I can deal with a bit of noise but don't want to sound like a freight train. I tried a host of pads on my GT500, but I have no experience with the G-Locs or Carbotechs. These are easily accessible for the 350 at a reasonable price so I will likely give them a shot.

Thanks in advance for any first-hand input you can offer. And, I already know about all the differences between track and street pads, and that you should not run track pads on the street. I will proceed at my own risk. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Good thread. My biggest issue with the oem pads is longevity. I feel they are very strong performers on track, it's just they wear fast. I would also like to find a track focused pad that's usable on the street, however it doesn't seem like many people here have tried other options

OP
OP
CSL

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
For an oem pad these do work remarkably well on the track. However, a pad with some more bite will really bring this phenominal braking system to a whole new level when pushing the car near its limits.

Most of my track days are with PCA as I instruct for them. There are few cars running in the advanced group faster around the track than this car, and we're talking some high dollar German engineered pedigree. I feel like this entire season I was more of a taxi driver than anything else....so many people wanted a ride in the 350. And with all things they comment about, the brakes are a universal complimentary topic. With some more bite these brakes will be even more incredible and I'll be that much faster. I'm really looking forward to getting a truly legit pad on this car.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
I'm going to try Pagid RS29s FWIW.

OP
OP
CSL

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I have pondered those, but I admittedly got a bit of sticker shock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CSL

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I've gotten some feedback from someone who has run them on his 350. They last pretty well and have more bite than stock, but are not overly aggressive. They are also very livable on the street. I would definitely be trying these out if they weren't so expensive, but for subtantially less I can try out the G-Locs to see how comparable they are. If I can't find a suitable pad that is cheaper, I may evetually give the Pagid's a try.

RoadRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I used G-Loc R12 & R10 pads this past weekend at NJMP running with NASA. I believe they have good initial bite and good pedal feel but I also think that the stock pads are great too! I went with the G-Locs to increase pad life as the stock pads seem to go away quickly on the track. They did make a lot of noise on the drive home and I wouldn't run them on the street.

Reactions: CSL

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
The RS29s are crazy expensive but I'm hoping they last longer than the other options. I don't particularly like changing brake pads so the longer the better for me.

OP
OP
CSL

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I used G-Loc R12 & R10 pads this past weekend at NJMP running with NASA. I believe they have good initial bite and good pedal feel but I also think that the stock pads are great too! I went with the G-Locs to increase pad life as the stock pads seem to go away quickly on the track. They did make a lot of noise on the drive home and I wouldn't run them on the street.
So how would you compare the difference in bite between these pads and the stock pads? Also, how did they hold up for the day's event? Do you think you will get notably more life from them? Lastly, were they noisy on the way to the track too, or just after running them on the track? Does it seem like more noise from the front or rear, or are they both the same?

Thanks for the feedback. :clap2:

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I'm considering trying out the R10 compound to run with the stock rears as I still have at least half the pad left on the rears....maybe I will get a little more aggressive after I wear out the rears. Street manners is a consideration as I don't daily drive the car and won't consistently swap pads. I can deal with a bit of noise but don't want to sound like a freight train.:thumbsup:
Even if you only run them on the front stick with R12's. The balance won't be as ideal but R10's really won't be enough if you are burning up the stock pads.

We are switching over to pre-bed pads on the Shelby's. We find some Customers bed pads properly and prep the rotors, some don't. The pre-bedded pads help eliminate the variables. Bedding has a lot to do with noise. If you experience a lack of bite it may be due to inital bedding. They will still work, but pad life is shorter and they may feel like they need more heat to bite. This is an indicator of a bedding issue. If you have experience with rotor aggresive pads this was not an issue due to the fact that the pads machined the rotors down (in basic terms) G-LOC's are very rotor friendly but need to be bedded properly.

OP
OP
CSL

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Thanks for the info. Can you explain how a pre-bedded pad works, and does the R12 last longer than the R10?

RoadRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So how would you compare the difference in bite between these pads and the stock pads? Also, how did they hold up for the day's event? Do you think you will get notably more life from them? Lastly, were they noisy on the way to the track too, or just after running them on the track? Does it seem like more noise from the front or rear, or are they both the same?
Once up to temperature they were very aggressive and consistent right at initial application and stayed right there during deceleration. As I mentioned in my post, I believe that the stock pads have awesome bite and feel (the best of any car I've ever driven or tracked) but were being consumed very quickly which lead me to experiment with other compounds to find one that could last longer. btw, I use dedicated track rotors for the G-Loc pads and have installed titanium shields too.

Next time out I think I'll just change over the fronts to R12s as I don't like having to disassemble the rears with that damn E-brake cable spring!!

I don't remember the brakes being noisy on the way to the track but they sure were cold squealing on the way home. Also, I didn't notice if it was coming from both ends? As far as durability goes I didn’t measure the pad material thickness when new (should have:headbonk:) but will put the calipers to them tonight and post what’s left after seven 25-minute sessions.

Reactions: CSL

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Once up to temperature they were very aggressive and consistent right at initial application and stayed right there during deceleration. As I mentioned in my post, I believe that the stock pads have awesome bite and feel (the best of any car I've ever driven or tracked) but were being consumed very quickly which lead me to experiment with other compounds to find one that could last longer. btw, I use dedicated track rotors for the G-Loc pads and have installed titanium shields too.

Next time out I think I'll just change over the fronts to R12s as I don't like having to disassemble the rears with that damn E-brake cable spring!!

I don't remember the brakes being noisy on the way to the track but they sure were cold squealing on the way home. Also, I didn't notice if it was coming from both ends? As far as durability goes I didn’t measure the pad material thickness when new (should have:headbonk:) but will put the calipers to them tonight and post what’s left after seven 25-minute sessions.
Roughly 11mm of material on the front.

OP
OP
CSL

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350

Thanks for the info. As a side-note you should send a PM to Epiphany to inquire about the caliper studs he came up with. They are awesome and make pad swaps so much easier. They are also a lot more robust than the OEM caliper bolts. Figured I'd pass that along given the type of driving you're doing.
Sponsored