Sponsored

Anyone with experience Tuning blown cars in Florida??

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Package
Guys I have a 15 with a Kenne Bell 3.2 liter, SW long tubes with no CATs, ID1000s, KB boost-a-pump. I have upgraded from 47lb injectors and installed the long tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Check out the Florida regional section.

VMP is big, Sam@Coastal is around the forums.

Lots of places further south but those are the two biggest on the forum.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Vmp is one of the best around.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It's quite a few hours drive from you but XXX Performance in Pensacola has been working on Mustangs forever.

Sponsored

OP
OP
proamas

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
proamas

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know what screw it....I'm going AEM

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I thought Ken/Lund was doing your tuning?

OP
OP
proamas

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought Ken/Lund was doing your tuning?
I need more flexibility. I can't keep waiting, we have that event at showtime and want to be able to get some track times next week. Also we have a group dyno session coming up in a few weeks. If I go AEM I can do my own updates and not have the lag time.

Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For the same headache of switching to the AEM, you could learn to program with the HP Tuners stuff. Make ECM changes yourself if you have the patience to learn the Ford ECM

OP
OP
proamas

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the same headache of switching to the AEM, you could learn to program with the HP Tuners stuff. Make ECM changes yourself if you have the patience to learn the Ford ECM

So has anyone besides the speed shops used HP tuners on our 2015 Mustangs? If so, what are your thoughts?

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
There are a couple guys on this forum using HP Tuners for personal use, including me. The HP Tuners stuff is easy to use, but the real issue is the 2015 coyote ECM is really complex, and I don't think even the experienced tuners know exactly what all the tables and switches do in the ECM.

If you have prior experience tuning and a good grasp of how the ECM works you'd be OK, but would need to spend some time learning your way around plenty tables and lookups. Also you'll probably have to start from scratch, I think there is a Rousch blower map on the HP Tuner forum to get you started.

What are you trying to do with your tune that is causing the issue?

OP
OP
proamas

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are a couple guys on this forum using HP Tuners for personal use, including me. The HP Tuners stuff is easy to use, but the real issue is the 2015 coyote ECM is really complex, and I don't think even the experienced tuners know exactly what all the tables and switches do in the ECM.

If you have prior experience tuning and a good grasp of how the ECM works you'd be OK, but would need to spend some time learning your way around plenty tables and lookups. Also you'll probably have to start from scratch, I think there is a Rousch blower map on the HP Tuner forum to get you started.

What are you trying to do with your tune that is causing the issue?
Lack of response from Tuner. I used to tune all of my own vehicles before, but those were back on Buick GN, with The old FelPro FAST box and a few others. I want the flexibility to be able to make changes without having to go back to the tuner whenever I have a change. I've been waiting for an updated tune for about 1.5 months. Hell, I can really even get a straight answer on if it will cost me anything for the changes I made, ID1000s from 47's and added long tubes with CAT deletes. Also I would like to start getting into using E85.

So if I'm at the track I can make changes if needed on the fly or if I'm at a dyno we can make changes on the fly.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lack of response from Tuner. I used to tune all of my own vehicles before, but those were back on Buick GN, with The old FelPro FAST box and a few others. I want the flexibility to be able to make changes without having to go back to the tuner whenever I have a change. I've been waiting for an updated tune for about 1.5 months. Hell, I can really even get a straight answer on if it will cost me anything for the changes I made, ID1000s from 47's and added long tubes with CAT deletes. Also I would like to start getting into using E85.

So if I'm at the track I can make changes if needed on the fly or if I'm at a dyno we can make changes on the fly.
Yeah, you should seriously consider the HP Tuner stuff then, the changes you made are pretty straight forward to do in the software. Injector dynamics have all the injector set up parameters on their website, long tubes are pretty easy too, the HP Tuners forum has the recommended wide band send delay for long tubes, and there are switches to turn off all the emissions shit related to CAT's. Fueling changes are also easy, the widebands make that pretty straight forward.

Your big issue will be a good starting point, so If you do switch to self tuning you should use the scanner feature in HP Tuners to log the shit out of everything so when you make your own new tune you'll have a good reference.

Tough things in my opinion are trying to figure out drivability and part throttle issues, and gear change bucking and hesitation, etc. but basic fueling, timing, etc is not too bad.
Sponsored