Sponsored

Anyone with an Edelbrock Stage1? Opinions...

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Got it. Pumped to get this under the hood. But will wait for March to install. Does not make sense to install when it’s cold and can’t be driven and tested to its fullest abilities.

192DBCC5-1955-4B0F-9417-FD13B18BFEBD.jpeg
Congratulations. Welcome to the clan.

Nothing wrong with that. Is your car a daily? I see it says nyc for your name, wouldnt be a good time to drive it anyway. I'd go ahead with the install and wait for a nice spring day if you got a heated garage. Don't wanna waste valuable driving hrs doing an install.

If it's a daily it won't be after this, inclement/cold weather wouldnt be much fun to drive in.

Any questions edelbrock tech can help and there is a troubleshooting guide here if you want some owners experiences
Sponsored

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Congrats m8! Welcome to Boostville, USA :dance:

And yeah, what Illtal said. I'd go ahead and start getting that install done at least towards the end of winter so you get it done before the car is back on the streets. You'll also get the added benefit of being able to tackle any potential issues you may run into with install.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Congratulations. Welcome to the clan.

Nothing wrong with that. Is your car a daily? I see it says nyc for your name, wouldnt be a good time to drive it anyway. I'd go ahead with the install and wait for a nice spring day if you got a heated garage. Don't wanna waste valuable driving hrs doing an install.

If it's a daily it won't be after this, inclement/cold weather wouldnt be much fun to drive in.

Any questions edelbrock tech can help and there is a troubleshooting guide here if you want some owners experiences
Nope cars not my daily. I just consider it my car. The daily is the boring thing I drive when I can’t drive my car. Lol. But yeah I’m going to wait until March to do the install and just drive it NA for now. Just 3 months away no big deal. Cars pushing 470-480 wheel now so it’s no slouch. Lol. Just not what it will be soon.

Last edited:

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I have read good things about this blower coupled with a custom tune. Also I was told by Edelbrock that the stage 1 uses stock injectors. Is that the case? Any one who has installed this please let me know your opinion and any one else for that matter. Opinions welcome.
It's a great kit. You use your stock injectors for the pre-calibrated tune they supply with it. Give us a call here at @LethalPerformance if you have any installation or tech questions. We would be more than happy to assist! tel:1.561.753.8105

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a great kit. You use your stock injectors for the pre-calibrated tune they supply with it. Give us a call here at @LethalPerformance if you have any installation or tech questions. We would be more than happy to assist! tel:1.561.753.8105
Thank you. But I’m going with a custom tune. Heard the weak spot of the kit was Edelbrock’s tune.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thank you. But I’m going with a custom tune. Heard the weak spot of the kit was Edelbrock’s tune.
For what it's worth, I rode the stock tune for a while then swapped to Lund, night and day difference. Much smoother and predictable power delivery. I have not gone pill out as of yet, since it's gotten cold, but I'd imagine it would be the same just more immediate response to the go pedal.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
thank you but I use JDM Engineering. best tuners in the business and only an hour from my house.
Cool. Let us know your results. I can only speak for the parts/companies I have dealt with personally.

I hope you find it as enteraining as I do.

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
Got it. Pumped to get this under the hood. But will wait for March to install. Does not make sense to install when it’s cold and can’t be driven and tested to its fullest abilities.

192DBCC5-1955-4B0F-9417-FD13B18BFEBD.jpeg
I am happy and excited for you. I will hopefully be putting a blower on my car as well and this was great information. It sounds like you will be installing yourself. I am hoping to install a blower myself but I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I have wrenched on motorcycles a bit and rebuilt a couple small dirt bike motors, but have never done much when it comes actually working on a car motor. I have the tools and I do believe I can execute the job. Tell me if I am crazy (anyones input would be appreciated). Anyways good luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am happy and excited for you. I will hopefully be putting a blower on my car as well and this was great information. It sounds like you will be installing yourself. I am hoping to install a blower myself but I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I have wrenched on motorcycles a bit and rebuilt a couple small dirt bike motors, but have never done much when it comes actually working on a car motor. I have the tools and I do believe I can execute the job. Tell me if I am crazy (anyones input would be appreciated). Anyways good luck!
I am absolutely not installing myself. JDM will be installing my blower They are the best in the area and I want to make sure I have as little to no surprises or issues. If your confident enough to do that install that's great. I am not at all. lol.

Last edited:

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
At the very least it's a two man install. Haven't seen someone strong enough to lift this thing and place it perfectly, even with a lift someone would have to watch it being lowered. Sound like he's off with his plan. Now we just need to wait on his results.

Don't expect to hear much if any blower whine. Just some whooshing and sucking noise at low rpm.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
At the very least it's a two man install. Haven't seen someone strong enough to lift this thing and place it perfectly, even with a lift someone would have to watch it being lowered. Sound like he's off with his plan. Now we just need to wait on his results.

Don't expect to hear much if any blower whine. Just some whooshing and sucking noise at low rpm.
ehhh. two people makes it easier.

I installed my vmp odin kit in my garage by myself, and I assume the weights are about the same. It wasn't easy lifting it and placing it alone though.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

Lol.
I hear you. My 16 year old son was able to lift it and place it oh so gently onto the exact spot. Me? Not a chance in hell. He kept telling me how strong he was... I made him show me.
OP. You will NOT be disappointed!!
Sponsored