Sponsored

Anyone with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) install a GT350 bumper? What happened?

OP
OP
trojannemo

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
The ACC sensor is not attached to the bumper cover, it's attached to the body of the car. So when you remove the bumper cover it stays in place and nothing is affected. Some aftermarket bumper covers affect its performance, people have said it's because of the calibration and what not. I haven't experienced any change in behavior after installing the GT350 bumper cover.
Sponsored

rzermeno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
The ACC sensor is not attached to the bumper cover, it's attached to the body of the car. So when you remove the bumper cover it stays in place and nothing is affected. Some aftermarket bumper covers affect its performance, people have said it's because of the calibration and what not. I haven't experienced any change in behavior after installing the GT350 bumper cover.
Good to know, thanks!

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I think grilles of certain materials, like the wire mesh on some of them, block the signals from the unit or reflect it inconsistently. It seems like most actually work fine, but the manufacturers claim it doesn’t to avoid liability.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I always read it would not work.

I'm glad it does, I love the GT350 bumper. It looks so much better than the GT500 one.

Thanks for the info @trojannemo
Sponsored