Sponsored

Anyone with a 2018+ gt with a remote oil filter have 2k-3k RPM tick?

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Installing the remote oil filter plate from ford racing deletes the oil bypass solenoid in the oil filter housing which may restrict oil pressure at lower rpms. It looks like the 2k rpm tick is a crossover point for this solenoid.

Anyone with an oil filter relocation have the 2krpm tick?
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You're referring to the 2K rattle, right? Just to not confuse the 2K rattle with the 'tick', since this is the first time I see it called anything other than the '2K rattle' :).

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
He's referring to the BBQ tick. I theorized this a while back, and more and more people are also starting to think it may be low oil pressure related. Mine starts to rear it's ugly tick when oil pressure gets below 30psi. Installing a remote kit, eliminates the oil bypass, and many are wondering if the increased pressure at low rpm eliminates the ticking/cavitation...Thus, providing a potential fix for the BBQ Tick.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
The tick spans 3 generations of Coyote engines. Isn't the electronic oil bypass on 18+ Coyotes? Or is OP referring to the 2K rattle?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The tick spans 3 generations of Coyote engines. Isn't the electronic oil bypass on 18+ Coyotes? Or is OP referring to the 2K rattle?
Yes, but the tick is not nearly as common in the earlier models. In 2018+, it seems like almost every car has it to a certain degree.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The tick is mostly heard at or near idle, so that's why I'm thinking OP is actually referring to the 2K rattle. Let's see what he says :).

OP
OP
SlaughterOfTheSoul

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1

The rattle, I got the terms mixed up because of another thread lol.
Sponsored