Sponsored

Anyone wire in a wireless controller to the active exhaust mufflers?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I have non active exhaust, and I have a QTP wireless controller for QTP Cutouts. I am wondering if there is some type of way to make the stock 2018 active exhaust mufflers work off a qtp remote.

If someone could create a device to make this work, it would sell well to people who dont have the active exhaust. I'm not sure if it would just require some basic wiring or what.

The only possible problem I could see may be if you rev high in quiet mode - the flaps do open some when controlled by the OEM computer at high RPM as seen in this video : I wonder if them not opening at all at high rpm could be harmful or create some backpressure? Most of the time when you are going over 5k rpm though you'd probably have them fully open I would suspect. Quiet mode would just be for cold starts and daily driving. They are fully open all the time when in track mode when controlled OEM style.

I dont know much about electronics and wiring but I wonder if the active exhaust harness could be cut and wired to the QTP wireless controller, allowing you to open and close the active valves with the QTP controller buttons. The active mufflers are currently relatively cheap and would be cheaper and easier to install than electric cutouts (no welding).

Anyone think this may be possible, or know of a reason it wouldn't be possible?
Sponsored