Sponsored

Anyone who has received a factory order since September, 2018!!

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Ordered 6/22
Vin 8/15
Delivery 10/22

GT Premium 401A PP2, B&O, Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, and Enhanced Security Package.

Also ordered without a deposit. Dealership said they would have no problem selling it if I backed out. And boy do I believe that. It sat under the overhang for 3 hours and my sales guy said they had 2 people stop to look at it.
Sponsored

MaineGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, Race Red
401A, PP1, Active Exhaust, B&O
Ordered 7/13
Vin # 11/2
Estimated build week of 1/21
dealer told me 6-8 weeks when I ordered it, I think he underestimated how slow this process is.
My car is in nearly the same timeline as yours (same estimated build week). Did you order with Magnaride? Maybe the other options youā€™ve listed which are the same as my PP2 on order are the reason for the super long time to delivery?

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring edition
You'll need lots of patience waiting for a Mustang special order to arrive, and I don't see a common reason for some orders to arrive sooner than others. I got tired of waiting and ended up getting a new car from another manufacturer. For background, I ordered a 2019 GT Premium Convertible (no magna ride or PPs) on 7/22, it was built on 10/3, with an EDD of 10/25; as of today (11/12), it's still sitting at the factory and there is no progress or status change. Initially, neither Ford or my local dealer would or could explain why the car had not shipped after production. Late last week (after about 14 weeks), I was told there was a parts hold (PCM), and no get well date or new estimated delivery date. I'm not buying the PCM story since I expect many mustangs are rolling off the production line for dealer stock orders with PCMs installed. For me, the experience with Ford and my local dealer was not good as they were not willing or able to accurately communicate order status and/or issues. I may have been willing to wait longer if I had more information. I'm guessing the car I ordered may make it to the dealer in the 4 to 5 month range. I hope my situation was an outlier, and wish the best of luck to all of you who are waiting and likely more patient than I am.
My car was built on October 4th and I had an ETA of October 28th. My car is still not here. I was told (finally) that Mustangs were being held due to engine issues. They were not releasing them from the factory until they were re-inspected and repaired if necessary. I couldn't agree with your ending statement more. Waiting is easier to do when you know you truthful answers. My car shows it's in production (again) instead of awaiting shipment. My deliver status now is Pending ETA Update.

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my Mustang GT Premium 401A PP2 Active exhaust ebony interior safe and smart package enhanced security package in Need For Green on April 12th. My order finally went to in order processing in August. Shortly after that I got my scheduled build date of October 4th, access to my window sticker and an ETA of October 28th. My car never made it on the train and I was the one that informed my dealership that something happened. They then got in touch with the regional sales director and he found out that my car was being held, reinspected, and repaired if necessary. Now the status of my order shows back in production, ETA Update Pending. That is as much information as I can get. I am just hoping this is true. At this point, I really don't think I am going to see my car before January.

Last edited:

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ā€˜21 Mustang Mach-1
Ordered: GT Prem PP2, 401A, ActExhst, B&O, Midnight Interior.

Ordered: 7/28
VIN: 8/31
Blend: 10/17
EDD: 11/16
Last System Update: 11/4 as ā€œin productionā€

Dealer has no info on delay. Ford Chat confirms delivery date of 11/16 (!)
Not possible as Iā€™m in AZ if itā€™s still in Flat Rock.
Suspected issues: Engine tick, MT-82 forks, Rear Diff overheat

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
My car was built on October 4th and I had an ETA of October 28th. My car is still not here. I was told (finally) that Mustangs were being held due to engine issues. They were not releasing them from the factory until they were re-inspected and repaired if necessary. I couldn't agree with your ending statement more. Waiting is easier to do when you know you truthful answers. My car shows it's in production (again) instead of awaiting shipment. My deliver status now is Pending ETA Update.
Can you let me know where you got that specific info on being held at the factory for engine issues?

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
Can you let me know where you got that specific info on being held at the factory for engine issues?
I got that from the regional sales director that looked into my order at my request through my dealership.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
I wonder if my car was also checked (my blend was oct 4 as well).

My EDD did get pushed back a couple times so there was definitely a delay on my car being delivered after it was finished in production.

I remember during the week leading up to my first EDD, i was looking at my dealers website and noticed their inventory also had a few ecoboosts that were also blended on Oct4 that didnt have a photo for the listing. A couple week later their photos showed up on the website and had been delivered to the dealer. My order was still no where to be found. A week or so after my original EDD, i think i finally got news that my car was on a train somewhere in New Boston, MI waiting to be shipped out. It wasnt more than a week after that until my car showed up.

If they are checking out our cars, I'd be more than happy to have waited even a couple more weeks just to be sure my engine wasnt going to break.

THAT being said, i've gotten on the throttle a couple times already and have shifted like a maniac. All is well, and I havent even hit my 1000 mile break in period yet lol. Im sitting at around 500 ish miles on the car currently.

Sponsored

michjbthemh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
Mine was delivered last week on tuesday, November 5th.
Did yours arrive on time? Congratulations, I am sincerely happy for you and I wish you luck! I would love to see a picture of it!

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
That's great news!!! About time something finally came out about this. As far as I'm concerned they can keep it I'll its figured out. Rather wait once for a car that is good then one that could be a real problem later.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Please help us that are waiting for our orders. If you have taken delivery in the past few weeks (give or take). That is, since 9/15/2018. Only seen one on this forum w/a recent delivery (PP1 w/ Magnaride) that was delivered in eight (8) weeks. Otherā€™s appear to be taking much longer. Please help us out w/your recent experiences.
Order submitted by dealer ... July 6, 2018
"Clean" order accepted by Ford ... July 11, 2018
Blah, blah, blah thru the "In Production" process
"Released to Body Company" [Transport?] ... October 18, 2018
1st ETA ... November 9, 2018
Rec'd text from dealer on November 10, 2018 w/tracking document showing that car was in Baldwin (FL)
2nd ETA November 14, 2018
Just ran VIN check (11/14) & site says "Delivered" (yes, past tense) w/a date of November 23, 2018
Rec'd at dealer on the evening of November 16, 2018. :like:

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Order submitted by dealer ... July 6, 2018
"Clean" order accepted by Ford ... July 11, 2018
Blah, blah, blah thru the "In Production" process
"Released to Body Company" [Transport?] ... October 18, 2018
1st ETA ... November 9, 2018
Rec'd text from dealer on November 10, 2018 w/tracking document showing that car was in Baldwin (FL)
2nd ETA November 14, 2018
Just ran VIN check (11/14) & site says "Delivered" (yes, past tense) w/a date of November 23, 2018
Rec'd at dealer on the evening of November 16, 2018. :like:
Have you brought her home yet?

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Have you brought her home yet?
Pick it up on Friday. Then up to Steeda in Valdosta (GA) on Monday for some clutch, brake & chassis enhancements & an upgraded shifter. When I get home the Michelin summer tires will give way to some all season (full tread) tires ... 305/30 (F) & 325/30 (R). Will put some miles on it before making a decision about springs. The last item will be a Borla exhaust system when they come out w/a 2019 system.
Sponsored