Sponsored

Anyone who has received a factory order since September, 2018!!

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Please help us that are waiting for our orders. If you have taken delivery in the past few weeks (give or take). That is, since September 15th, 2018. Please post your original factory order date along with a summary of your build. Getting a lot of speculation on delivery times and would be great to get some actual live data posted. Thank you!!
Most of us are getting estimated delivery of 12 to 14 weeks (from the ford tracking site), all while being told 8 weeks from our dealer sales reps. Only seen one on this forum with a recent delivery (PP1 w/ Magneride) that was delivered in 8 weeks. Other’s appear to be taking much longer. Please help us out with your recent experiences.
Sponsored

hailo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I placed my order on 10/8/18. Sales guy said I would have VIN # in 2 weeks and car would be built in 8 weeks. Over a month now, he can't even say when it will be built. Did you get an order confirmation? I was not given that. The only thing I got when left from the dealer is -$5,000 deposit and a paper saying I ordered. Btw, may I asked how much you paid before taxes and the options you ordered?

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
$5000???

My dealer said $500. Even then they said don’t bother, we’ll order it without a deposit.

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
I placed my order on 10/8/18. Sales guy said I would have VIN # in 2 weeks and car would be built in 8 weeks. Over a month now, he can't even say when it will be built. Did you get an order confirmation? I was not given that. The only thing I got when left from the dealer is -$5,000 deposit and a paper saying I ordered. Btw, may I asked how much you paid before taxes and the options you ordered?
My order was placed on 10/17. Got VIN in 2 weeks. Ford tracking site says estimated delivery 1/29/2019. I did a online chat with Ford Performance and was told my car is scheduled for a build week of 1/7/2019. Sales rep said 8 weeks. Go figure. Also said that Ford likes to under promise but over deliver so his bet would be an earlier delivery than the quoted EDD. The “window sticker” MSRP for my car is $51,850. Then add: Georgia has 7% sales tax, plus doc fee, title, etc. All-in, my Out-the-door price is $52,023. Went thru Costco car buying service and was referred to a dealer about 10 miles away. I probably could have done a little better on price, but it was a completely stress free and painless process. Amounts to about 8% discount off of MSRP with no haggling. Considering that the Porsche dealers wouldn’t give me the time of day, I felt that was a pretty good deal. Porsche’s are awesome, but trying to buy a new one put a very bad taste in my mouth. Love the cars, dislike the dealers. This Ford experience so far has been very good. BTW, there are only two Porsche dealers on Costco’s program, one in Chicago and one in California. Can’t really do that, living in Georgia.

Oh, the Mustang order was done with $1,000 deposit.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So you didn’t even get a quote with the Costco discount? Well, don’t do it now. :blush:

Sponsored

KevinK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Genesis G80 5.0, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Please help us that are waiting for our orders. If you have taken delivery in the past few weeks (give or take). That is, since September 15th, 2018. Please post your original factory order date along with a summary of your build. Getting a lot of speculation on delivery times and would be great to get some actual live data posted. Thank you!!
Most of us are getting estimated delivery of 12 to 14 weeks (from the ford tracking site), all while being told 8 weeks from our dealer sales reps. Only seen one on this forum with a recent delivery (PP1 w/ Magneride) that was delivered in 8 weeks. Other’s appear to be taking much longer. Please help us out with your recent experiences.
You'll need lots of patience waiting for a Mustang special order to arrive, and I don't see a common reason for some orders to arrive sooner than others. I got tired of waiting and ended up getting a new car from another manufacturer. For background, I ordered a 2019 GT Premium Convertible (no magna ride or PPs) on 7/22, it was built on 10/3, with an EDD of 10/25; as of today (11/12), it's still sitting at the factory and there is no progress or status change. Initially, neither Ford or my local dealer would or could explain why the car had not shipped after production. Late last week (after about 14 weeks), I was told there was a parts hold (PCM), and no get well date or new estimated delivery date. I'm not buying the PCM story since I expect many mustangs are rolling off the production line for dealer stock orders with PCMs installed. For me, the experience with Ford and my local dealer was not good as they were not willing or able to accurately communicate order status and/or issues. I may have been willing to wait longer if I had more information. I'm guessing the car I ordered may make it to the dealer in the 4 to 5 month range. I hope my situation was an outlier, and wish the best of luck to all of you who are waiting and likely more patient than I am.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
ordered 6/21 (pp2)
blend date 10/4
delivered 11/5

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You'll need lots of patience waiting for a Mustang special order to arrive, and I don't see a common reason for some orders to arrive sooner than others. I got tired of waiting and ended up getting a new car from another manufacturer. For background, I ordered a 2019 GT Premium Convertible (no magna ride or PPs) on 7/22, it was built on 10/3, with an EDD of 10/25; as of today (11/12), it's still sitting at the factory and there is no progress or status change. Initially, neither Ford or my local dealer would or could explain why the car had not shipped after production. Late last week (after about 14 weeks), I was told there was a parts hold (PCM), and no get well date or new estimated delivery date. I'm not buying the PCM story since I expect many mustangs are rolling off the production line for dealer stock orders with PCMs installed. For me, the experience with Ford and my local dealer was not good as they were not willing or able to accurately communicate order status and/or issues. I may have been willing to wait longer if I had more information. I'm guessing the car I ordered may make it to the dealer in the 4 to 5 month range. I hope my situation was an outlier, and wish the best of luck to all of you who are waiting and likely more patient than I am.
If the factory is really on hold because of engine issues with the Gen 3 Coyote they will not be forthcoming (I'm surprised someone even got a confirmation from the dealer about this) because of the potential massive recall liability. If it's widely leaked that the Gen 3 has a serious problem you can only imaging the cluster that would occur. Think the recent airbag recall, but smaller.

Best case is to be patient and pray they are fixing the issue. Worse case is they actually have a parts backorder and aren't dealing with the engine tick yet.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2

Sponsored

SGRO5.0's

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2014 F150
401A, PP1, Active Exhaust, B&O
Ordered 7/13
Vin # 11/2
Estimated build week of 1/21
dealer told me 6-8 weeks when I ordered it, I think he underestimated how slow this process is.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
My order date was 10/17. I have not received a VIN#. I placed a $1,000 deposit which sucks because there is a black PP2 sitting on a lot about an hour from Orlando.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
Nope. They stamped the buy sheet with with "non-refundable" and I had to sign it. Probably not a smart move on my part.
Sponsored