Sponsored

Anyone use Shelby Wheel Company Super Snake Wheels?

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Still out of stock and no ETA per AM, and also now the other shelby ones are out of stock... too bad they do not offer a "notify when in stock" email feature for these items.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
sve-166903_b1cf7623.jpg
Have you considered the SVE S350 wheel from LMR? Flow formed construction like the Venom and the offsets are designed for S550 fitment. No narrower than 19x10, though.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
sve-166903_b1cf7623.jpg
Have you considered the SVE S350 wheel from LMR? Flow formed construction like the Venom and the offsets are designed for S550 fitment. No narrower than 19x10, though.
For square, A wheel that has an ET 35 and 19x9 should look better and less tucked in over stock if square all around as well, I like straight or contoured spokes, not sharp angle like the SVE though. I want to use my existing 255x40x19 on new wheels till it is time to replace, those would stretch bad on a 19x10,

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
For square, A wheel that has an ET 35 and 19x9 should look better and less tucked in over stock if square all around as well, I like straight or contoured spokes, not sharp angle like the SVE though. I want to use my existing 255x40x19 on new wheels till it is time to replace, those would stretch bad on a 19x10,
Yeah, I agree about the stretch for the 255. The only other wheel I can think of with that style and color is the TSW Bathurst. They come in 19x9 ET 30 and 19x9.5 ET 39.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I agree about the stretch for the 255. The only other wheel I can think of with that style and color is the TSW Bathurst. They come in 19x9 ET 30 and 19x9.5 ET 39.
yes I am looking at those too.. but a little off topic, they offer a 19x8.5 stock version but with ET of 15???? that must poke a lot, I guess it is assuming you pair that with the 19x8 front ET35 front and use the 19x8.5 ET 15 as a rear? I cannot imagine anyone here who would stagger that, but would love to see an example.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
yes I am looking at those too.. but a little off topic, they offer a 19x8.5 stock version but with ET of 15???? that must poke a lot, I guess it is assuming you pair that with the 19x8 front ET35 front and use the 19x8.5 ET 15 as a rear? I cannot imagine anyone here who would stagger that, but would love to see an example.
I would assume the ET 15 is intended for some other car. That offset isn't right for the S550.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I would assume the ET 15 is intended for some other car. That offset isn't right for the S550.

The Shelby Super Snake are are +24 ET and some reviews say they save people from having to use spacers and it gives a good flush look, and as a bonus can use factory size lugs (no need for tuner) The venom, bathursts, etc need the tuner or small diameter lugs that are not tall. It is getting hard to get decent small diameter wheel locks, McGard has a Lexus F Sport lug package you can get for a good price on ebay that is not 2" tall like from mcgard directly, but lots of locks seem to fail at 150 lb tq with gorilla and even mcgard.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The Shelby Super Snake are are +24 ET and some reviews say they save people from having to use spacers and it gives a good flush look, and as a bonus can use factory size lugs (no need for tuner) The venom, bathursts, etc need the tuner or small diameter lugs that are not tall. It is getting hard to get decent small diameter wheel locks, McGard has a Lexus F Sport lug package you can get for a good price on ebay that is not 2" tall like from mcgard directly, but lots of locks seem to fail at 150 lb tq with gorilla and even mcgard.
+24 probably works fine for narrower tires up front but once you get to 275/285 widths it would poke. I bought smaller lugs from CJ Ponyparts. Haven't looked into locks.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to get the Shelby Venom 19x9 wheels.... they arrived in excellent shape and definitely are forgestar wheels. one interesting thing is the center cap is the same part number as the forgestar caps except it has an AL prefix to it since the cap is real aluminum, not plastic like the regular CF10 forgestar cap. I think forgestar emblem section is flatter, the Shelby portion is thicker and heavily domed with aluminum engraving inside. I was going to install, but Shelby seems to feel you can mount them without any hub rings, its only a 2mm gap, but people get the rings anyway with CF10 wheels for the about the 2mm difference. I ordered the forgestar -> mustang hub rings and my wheel locks and small diameter set from mcgard is way too short.... you cannot hand turn the 1.6" nuts. they pretty much fall into the hole for the 35mm offset wheel and have to literally dig the nut out the narrow hole and the socket lock would pretty much sink in almost completely. So I ordered a 2" gorilla system set so it is easier to get them off and on and less chance of damaging the holes.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to get the Shelby Venom 19x9 wheels.... they arrived in excellent shape and definitely are forgestar wheels. one interesting thing is the center cap is the same part number as the forgestar caps except it has an AL prefix to it since the cap is real aluminum, not plastic like the regular CF10 forgestar cap. I think forgestar emblem section is flatter, the Shelby portion is thicker and heavily domed with aluminum engraving inside. I was going to install, but Shelby seems to feel you can mount them without any hub rings, its only a 2mm gap, but people get the rings anyway with CF10 wheels for the about the 2mm difference. I ordered the forgestar -> mustang hub rings and my wheel locks and small diameter set from mcgard is way too short.... you cannot hand turn the 1.6" nuts. they pretty much fall into the hole for the 35mm offset wheel and have to literally dig the nut out the narrow hole and the socket lock would pretty much sink in almost completely. So I ordered a 2" gorilla system set so it is easier to get them off and on and less chance of damaging the holes.
Those look like a very nice choice. Lightweight and ET35 is a good offset for the S550. I hope you post pics when they're on your car. :) Did you get the anthracite? I never thought about lug nuts being too short. I'll have to check how mine fit on the SB03s.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Those look like a very nice choice. Lightweight and ET35 is a good offset for the S550. I hope you post pics when they're on your car. :) Did you get the anthracite? I never thought about lug nuts being too short. I'll have to check how mine fit on the SB03s.
Yes I got the anthracite. I'm waiting on hub rings just for piece of mind and 2" locking lugs. I measured that even with 2" it still does not go past the concave spoke walls, I know they probably might stick like a sore thumb if they were the rear et28 19x9.5.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
And to top off of that, Shelby really packs its wheels very good.... 28x28x15 boxed with 19/20 wheel cardboard inserts on both top and bottom, then placed into an even bigger box with bubble wrap.... I could not even get one to fit into my cabin or trunk of the Mustang... I will have to transport all four wheels without boxes carefully to the installer using some of the left over bubble wrap on edges and the wheels in original plastic wrap. one wheel in rear seats and one in front pax seat and two in trunk probably.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
And to top off of that, Shelby really packs its wheels very good.... 28x28x15 boxed with 19/20 wheel cardboard inserts on both top and bottom, then placed into an even bigger box with bubble wrap.... I could not even get one to fit into my cabin or trunk of the Mustang... I will have to transport all four wheels without boxes carefully to the installer using some of the left over bubble wrap on edges and the wheels in original plastic wrap. one wheel in rear seats and one in front pax seat and two in trunk probably.
Since I have wheels yet to be installed I have wondered about that. I will probably just make two trips and haul them to the installer in my other vehicle first.

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted Shelby/Weld, they will not sell or offer the caps even if I lost one... I find that a bit troubling if you buy a shelby wheel, you cannot get spares or replacement caps. I am reluctant to use the shelby caps, cause they are o-ring and if one ever pops out, it will be a tough time trying to get a replacement. Also the aluminum cap can scratch the wheel easier if not positioned correctly.

I might put a grey Ford logo overlay or the custom one I ordered that is like the 16-17 GT/CS Faux gas cap with exact diameter to still retain the black borders of the forgestar which is also flat and easier to apply decals over.

GT_California special.jpg
DSC_1654.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I got the wheels on, I will try to get a photo when I can, the 35ET makes them look better and closer to flush with fenders vs the OEM GT/CS wheel that is around 42ET, however the 2019 gt/cs wheel actually weighed 28.4, so not much reduction with 22.2 using same scale. the super snake replica per AM is 32 lbs. but with nice 24ET and I felt the more I looked at the super snake, I could not get the picture of a S197 super snake mustang out of my head.... since that style seems to originate from that generation, and looks better for a S197. the Venom looked more s550 style and is used on a s550 shelby GTE as an optional wheel. I am running the wheels without center caps at the moment, waiting on some decals I ordered for the forgestars or whether to put the original shelby caps on... cannot remove the caps once placed other than take wheel off completely.
Sponsored